Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RememberBaker
I figured I might as well start a thread for the English cocker fans amongst us..
We lost our little cocker Tink a few weeks back and I put a deposit on a pup from a breeder in VT. I’m pretty far down the deposit list and it looks as though I won’t get a pup until mid summer. That’s a long time to come home to no happy spaniel. So, when I saw that there were a couple female pups available from a kennel in Georgia, I sent some pictures to my wife. It didn’t take much convincing and this pup will be here late next week. We’re still in negotiations over the name, so any suggestions are welcome. I like Piper or Phoebe, but they’ve gotten a lukewarm reception.
[Linked Image]

Bred in Georgia? Call her Peach...

BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
"Sprite" is from Tom Ness at Oahe Kennels near Bismarck, ND.

Should be a winner. He may have the most solid EC foundation in the USA.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

The expressions of the dogs in this thread tug at my heart. More and more the older I get.

English Cockers are people Dogs. They belong in the house. They can often have an independent streak, they can be mischevious, but they thrive on being attached to people.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
We named her Piper, she’s adjusting to her new home pretty well. [Linked Image]

NRA Endowment Life Member
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by battue

The expressions of the dogs in this thread tug at my heart. More and more the older I get.

English Cockers are people Dogs. They belong in the house. They can often have an independent streak, they can be mischevious, but they thrive on being attached to people.

They are indeed, Tink loved people and birds, she didn’t care a whit about other dogs.

Last edited by RememberBaker; 03/27/19.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Sprite has the look of some good blood in her. Memory tells me there is a least one best Cocker breeder in the Dakota’s.

I can’t get a good look at Willowcreeks Dog, but he sure is getting a well rounded start.

Addition: Came drifting in, Tim Ness in ND.

I can't seem to get my head around the photos anymore. I tried to posted a photo of Ozzie in an ice chest. I was culling some auodad and we shot three nice rams. We couldn't find the biggest one from the helicopter and the guy that shot that one was pretty bummed. I went to the house and got the dog and in about an hour and a half, he found him. It warmed up more than I anticipated during our look and when we got back to the truck, ozzie was very happy to sit in the cooler for a while. I learned a lesson on that one.

Ozzie came from Mark Mercie/Thunderstruck in Minnesota and, short of eating socks and smelling terrible on occasion, has been awesome. He's smart enough and has strong enough hunting instincts, that with just with a really strong "stay" "here" and "gogetit," he makes me look like a dog trainer of sorts and outshines most of my buddy's dogs. Until last year, I didn't appreciate how much fun the guys with bird dogs were having when they were hunting. Its been a game changer. He is also getting pretty good at sleeping in a deer blind until it is time to go find something.

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thunderstruck shoots a lot of Birds and their Dogs get more than a little contacts.

Flicker for posting, get it down and it becomes automatic easy.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
We named her Piper, she’s adjusting to her new home pretty well. [Linked Image]

Best of luck, she has the looks of a well bred hunting Cocker..

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

They are indeed, Tink loved people and birds, she didn’t care a whit about other dogs.

My other Springers and Cockers were pretty much the same re other Dogs. Merlot on the other hand walks around thinking every Dog in the world wants to be his friend. His tail goes into overdrive at 50yards. Matters little if they are growling and obviously want to tangle. "Hey, lets be buds!!!!"

Last edited by battue; 03/27/19.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Oh dear....
How could I possibly say no?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by RememberBaker; 03/31/19.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Picked out a name yet????

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
We picked this one up yesterday, we can’t seem to agree on a name. Maybe Sadie, maybe Cricket. I like Cricket, but with a wife and 3 daughters, I generally lose. [Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two beautiful pups make you a lucky man. It looks like they're pretty fortunate, too. Congratulations.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
647 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 73 invisible), 2,948 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.