Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Another sovereign citizen advocate, I don't feel sorry for them nor the way they're treated by law enforcement.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rooster7
If he's telling the truth about his speed, I can see the frustration but he's also lucky his big mouth didn't write a check his ass couldn't cash, IMO.

Not gonna read all the comments but am gonna comment since I watched almost fourteen minutes of the video. I was totally with the motorist until he started cussing the cops. I'll say right now that I think all cops should be held to a high standard of "patience" in their interactions with the public and he didn't do anything in 13 minutes and 47 seconds to warrant one. I have no idea of the rest of it because I haven't watched it. That said, I don't like rude folks and he got rude after the second cop got there. Especially given the fact that he thinks he is unsafe with cops, I don't get why he didn't just roll on at that point instead of flapping his yap. That in itself may be totally irrelevant to the stop or citation but most traffic courts I've been in would have the cop bring it up and it would go against you on your ticket itself-which will be much higher if contested.

He's right about everything up to that point, but it doesn't mean he should start doing what he said the cops were going to do-escalate it. And he was wrong about the escalation-when confronted with the truth, the cop caved on everything but the initial lie...I mean "traffic citation".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think the guy at some point said he had a dash cam or the like and implied he could PROVE he wasn't speeding. If that was the case, it would look like a slam-dunk in court. The problem is, he should be compensated for his time and trouble going to court and also being pulled over and threatened, not to mention, lied to-with it all on tape. This is assuming he's right about all the traffic stop stuff we've been told on YouTube videos and the like. There should be big penalties for cops doing this and it would stop some of the horse shixt that's been going on for decades and that most of us have just quietly went along with because usually it's not happening to us and because it's easier than fighting.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What a DICK WITH EARS. Granted, the cop was a DICK as well for
A. lying about the man speeding
B. Lying about "the next intersection" bullshit.

Still, the guy shoulda gotten a wood shampoo

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
What a DICK WITH EARS. Granted, the cop was a DICK as well for
A. lying about the man speeding
B. Lying about "the next intersection" bullshit.

Still, the guy shoulda gotten a wood shampoo
I understand what you're saying because I've heard it lots of times before, many of them, right here. For the record though...why? The guy was ostensibly riding along, minding his own business. A cop pulls him over for no reason and starts shouting at him through a bullhorn. Then the cop comes up, lies about why he stopped him, lies about their initial interaction and then further lies about what the guy has to do such as roll down the window. Then the cop calls another cop which the guy took as a signal for a possible trip to jail and/or beatdown. Obviously he's had trouble with the cops before-we don't know why or if it was of his own making, etc.

Now to that point the guy had been perfectly reasonable with the cop. After he started cussing the guy, I stopped the video. While I stopped being as sympathetic, why does the guy deserve a beatdown even after cussing the cop? It's not like the cops are random people the guy is interacting with. They are state officials, above his normal reach as far as them molesting him during the course of his day and getting away with it. It is understandable he'd be mad.

In any confrontation, Dick #2 gets a pass because Dick #1 started it. IOW, Dick behavior due to Dick behavior is justifiable whereas simple Dick behavior isn't.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was speaking from a personal point of view. You tell me to go f u c k my mother and you're gonna get a beatdown...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by akasparky
He is as stupid as this guy but on a lesser level...but he'll get there one day.

Cops were too nice. I'd have dropped him after the first refusal to drop the weapon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I was speaking from a personal point of view. You tell me to go f u c k my mother and you're gonna get a beatdown...
Personal point of view aside, if a cop does that, he should lose his job and probably go to jail. You're not out pulling somebody over, lying to them multiple times and issuing veiled threats. If you are, you possibly deserve to get cussed. Is it a good idea given current sociological type circumstances? Hell no, but I wasn't the one risking a beatdown from it.

Point of order: I'd have to have a lot more hard legal info before I trusted what the lawyer that's all over the internet telling people to handle traffic stops this way said. The guy had obviously listened to his advice. When you are pulled over in this state, you are essentially under arrest until you are released. So I'm not sure how refusing to roll down your window would play out. I don't agree with that, but there it is. I'm pretty sure you'd also have to appeal your conviction for some sort of assault after you got the beatdown way farther than I want to go money-wise, after you cussed the cop.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I got pulled over the other day for running a red...and I was guilty.

The cop was courteous and respectful. So was I. He asked me if I knew why I'd been pulled over and I said yes. He let me off with just a warning. Great cop.

They're out there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Of course they are out there. In fact, even VA Highway Patrol, the biggest DICKS of ALL state troopers are courteous. My only run in with a DICK and a lying cope was a MD state trooper who ws lying about me speeding. I went to court in my uniform (and basically called the cop out) and the judge let me off. I have a few cops here that work for me Part Time (GA) city, county and state and they all say the same thing. Tickets are just revenue generators.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
smile smile smile smile smile

And if they wanted to dance I would teach them a few new steps!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All you have to do is be polite, hand over your License, registration and proof of insurance. Answer yes this is my current information, so simple a caveman could do it! Sheesh, I hate these [bleep] that are confrontational from the get go.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T LEE
All you have to do is be polite, hand over your License, registration and proof of insurance. Answer yes this is my current information, so simple a caveman could do it! Sheesh, I hate these [bleep] that are confrontational from the get go.

Amen!!!!!!!! And, how do we know this guy was only going 54? Wouldn't surprise me if he was fudging a little just because he needed some material for a new video. He needs someone to teach him some civility. I couldn't do that job. No way.

Jim

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just a azzhat. Pulled over hundreds of times, why? In my 45 plus years of driving I've never been pulled over for nothing.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I stopped a guy once that was a no person from the start accusing me of everything from lying to having an affair...When I wrote his ticket out in the comments section on the front of the citation I wrote "A/H". The guy saw it and asked what that meant and I replied that it meant he was an ass hole...We ended up in court and he had an attorney that asked me if I was the officer and if I wrote the ticket. I replied yes and finally he asked what A/H meant. I said "aggressive and hostile". The attorney said didn't this mean my client was an ass hole? I replied well you know your client better than I do...The judge found him guilty...

Last edited by sgt217; 04/01/19.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Assuming it was a 50 mph zone, the guy says his cruise was on 54, he was speeding. The rest, he's just looking for an incident and the cop bit.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
If a cop wants for find something...anything at all, they will. Some jurisdictions are solely out for the revenue. That said, be polite and deescalate the stop if you can.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My opinion? Just another day for the cop. The biggest day of the other guys life.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First Cop,

repeated BLUFF attempts to get motorist to wind-down window and declare a firearm.

Motorist;

doesn't buy his bluffs.

First Cop;

calls back-up to INTIMIDATE motorist to comply with his persistent unlawful demands.

Motorist;

doesnt give in to police intimidation.

Second Cop;

doesn't backup the azzhole jackboot approach taken by first cop, instead in good sense he keeps
that schitbrain cop in the background and attempts to de-escalate the unnecessary interrogation
and subsequent aggravation of motorist caused by first cop from the get go.

Motorist;

should have thanked the second cop for being civil and reasonable and for showing the other cop
how to deal with a traffic stop, especially when being recorded.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I thought the kid did alright, considering the nature of the set-up. It's not like Adam Schiff conspiring with Russian comedians or something...

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.