Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Anyone ever see or try a mossberg maverick o/u shotgun?

Buds has them for $402 and they come with black synthetic stock and I am thinking about making it into a camo painted turkey gun with iron sights.

My fear is the trigger will be very heavy and regulation will be off if its anything like my mossberg 500A turkey gun experiment.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
BP-B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by humdinger
Anyone ever see or try a mossberg maverick o/u shotgun?

Buds has them for $402 and they come with black synthetic stock and I am thinking about making it into a camo painted turkey gun with iron sights.

My fear is the trigger will be very heavy and regulation will be off if its anything like my mossberg 500A turkey gun experiment.

Then WHY this?

I am thinking about making it into a camo painted turkey gun with iron sights.

Seems you already know the answer, and I have no reason to not believe you are correct.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
There's a chance someone has experience with one to confirm my suspicions. I've seen guys customizing cheap single shots into special turkey guns here.

However I found a couple reviews that said the trigger was heavy.

I may tape up the 725 at this point.

Last edited by humdinger; 04/03/19.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Mossberg has yet to put out an O/U that could be called "poor" on its better days. An O/U offered by Mossberg for a mere $402 is unlikely to live up to being thought of as "crude". Then again, a $402 O/U is cheap enough to be considered disposable so go for it and report back. Who knows, maybe it is a Perazzi equivalent trying to gain market share and name recognition.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Giacomo has two of my Perazzi barrels. The mid-rib shot loose on both of them. Not much of a benchmark for Mossberg to aspire to.

And the top lever spring on one of them went ping relatively early.

Last edited by battue; 04/03/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'll take it off your hands, bad barrels and all for $450. That seems to be pretty reasonable for a used, broken down Mossberg quality firearm with two barrels. You should be able to pick up a Boito or Armscor with a few dollars to spare. I have other firearms of decent quality I can fall back on so there is no reason to worry about leaving me without a shotgun to use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why would anyone want an O/U for a turkey gun?
And yes, chances are the triggers on the 400 dollar gun are gonna suck balls

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
smile smile

Two shotguns, but the one will be gone by the weekend if it shows up today. Plus the barrels got a re-blue at the same time of the mid-rib solder. That shine is worth a couple extra. In addition, deluxe upgraded school desk wood along with a complete rebuild with the top lever spring replacement. I'll probably regret it, but I'm going to have to hold out. However, the other should be back in a 7-14 days which will give you time to reconsider and for me to find an Armscor.

Last edited by battue; 04/04/19.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by passport

two chokes to pick from. Use modified choke for close shots where a extra full choke pattern is the size of a baseball .
Short length is handy in the turkey blind
longer barrels may help velocity
reliable

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by battue
smile smile

Two shotguns, but the one will be gone by the weekend if it shows up today. Plus the barrels got a re-blue at the same time of the mid-rib solder. That shine is worth a couple extra. In addition, deluxe upgraded school desk wood along with a complete rebuild with the top lever spring replacement. I'll probably regret it, but I'm going to have to hold out. However, the other should be back in a 7-14 days which will give you time to reconsider and for me to find an Armscor.

For some reason the face things aren't coming through on my server or provider. Texts come across differently without them.

I would have search pretty hard for an Armscor but Boito shows up now and then as K-Mart carried them until 20 years ago when the store around here closed their doors.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They were smiling smiley faces. All in fun....

P gun went out, K came in.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
K-Gun? NOOOOO You are going to the dark side? Parcours???

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No standard. After 2 P’s came apart, it was time to change. Perazzi said I shot too many too quickly. That I did, but it doesn’t melt the mid rib on others to do the same.

Bought this one hardly used at a killer price, if it doesn’t work I won’t get hurt.

Last edited by battue; 04/05/19.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by humdinger
Originally Posted by passport

two chokes to pick from. Use modified choke for close shots where a extra full choke pattern is the size of a baseball .

This. Plus they are just fun to carry. I've never shot more than twice anyway.

I've shot a couple of the Mossbergs and they aren't bad. Triggers were a little heavy but almost no creep. Fit and function seemed to be decent if not better quality than some of the higher end O/Us I've been around. I'm not a gear snob though. I look at all my gear as tools. Yes I have some really nice and some high dollar tools but they get used to do their designed jobs.

Currently have two el cheapo O/U dedicated turkey guns. I'm happy with both. Both will throw unbelievable patterns! POA/POI is spot on with both barrels in both guns.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Under $500 each and I'm not afraid to use either as a club if needed to fight back Sasquatch if confronted by him. Wouldn't want to do that with a Perazzi or Beretta.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Mossberg has yet to put out an O/U that could be called "poor" on its better days. An O/U offered by Mossberg for a mere $402 is unlikely to live up to being thought of as "crude". Then again, a $402 O/U is cheap enough to be considered disposable so go for it and report back. Who knows, maybe it is a Perazzi equivalent trying to gain market share and name recognition.

+1
wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
I'll take it off your hands, bad barrels and all for $450. That seems to be pretty reasonable for a used, broken down Mossberg quality firearm with two barrels. You should be able to pick up a Boito or Armscor with a few dollars to spare. I have other firearms of decent quality I can fall back on so there is no reason to worry about leaving me without a shotgun to use.

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by SFCSNOW
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Under $500 each and I'm not afraid to use either as a club if needed to fight back Sasquatch if confronted by him. Wouldn't want to do that with a Perazzi or Beretta.

Whats the top one?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tristar Hunter Mag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I assume these are Turkish guns. If so they are probably much better than the prices would indicate, and it makes NO difference who brands them.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
808 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 81 invisible), 3,201 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,714
Posts18,400,344
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.