MIGA! Build the wall!

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
GB1

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Exchipy

To all of you who have participated in this thread, particularly the skeptics and naysayers:

Please understand that I am at a distinct disadvantage when discussing the particulars raised in this thread, because I am not at liberty to say in print how it is I have come to know all that I have said here, or to provide further details.

However, if you should find yourself at the NRA Meeting and Exhibits in Indianapolis, and are willing to share an adult beverage or two with me, I will tell you the "rest of the story." You may find it worthwhile.

Anyone interested?

Don't worry. Should I receive any messages accepting my offer, I will not disclose them. Not in this hostile environment.

Every day’s an adventure.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
gitem 12,

You don't know even ONE Texas Ranger, do you?
(MOST of our Rangers carry a PAIR of 1911 pistols.)

And YEP, our Rangers are just as dedicated/tough/deadly as their legend says that they are.
(ALL that bothers me in 2019 about the Rangers is that to me, at 72YY, they mostly look too young to BE a Ranger. = Old age ain't for sissies.)

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 04/09/19. Reason: add

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by Steelhead
No one willingly goes to Indiana.

...or says "I'm not at liberty to say..."

Or is really not at liberty to say...

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Maybe I’m mistaken , but I thought in the real world , people who truly weren’t at liberty to say , didn’t go flapping gums about it .

Probably just me being confused though .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
jmd025,

Pardon me for saying that you are WRONG. - Many or most of us old soldiers, sailors, LEOs, Marines, USAF vets, etc. have MANY things that we cannot talk about. - Personally, I prefer saying, "I cannot talk about that." or "no comment" to saying "NOYFB",which is the other obvious alternative.
(I've been retired since 2006 & I still cannot discuss any number of diverse subjects from my AD era, even though it was long ago.)

MANY of us "old-timers" still cannot reveal where/when/in what job (and in some cases, not even what our MOS/AFSC & "job title" was) that we served because "NDA" have no expiration date.. - I know of a case where a former E-7 was "visited by government agents" & "strongly cautioned" for talking about his usual duties in "a place far away" & more than 5 years before.
(It just so happens that I was stationed in that area & as far as I know NOTHING very sensitive, much less classified, was being done by any of the "allied forces training group" members.)

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 04/10/19. Reason: clarity

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by Steelhead
No one willingly goes to Indiana.

...or says "I'm not at liberty to say..."

Or is really not at liberty to say...

Or says, "I'm not at liberty to say..." because they want to appear to be something they never were.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
ExC, I of course no nothing of your service, but, did learn from my Gramps [1940-1981, WW-II, Kor, Viet] who retired a roguey old ornery E-9 SGM that carrying a 1911 cocked and locked on a loaded chamber was the way they should be carried if you figure on using the damn thing. smile he had just retrieved it and it's leather holster from an old cedar chest of drawers, iirc it was a Colt or Springfield 45 ACP, his issue pistol.

I was 8 or 9 years old in Gramps' bedroom standing at his gun cabinets when that lesson was taught, he then swung his old big hand pointing across his rack of guns, M-1's, 30-06's and 30-30 hunting rifles, with a brace of 12 and 20 gauge shotguns, as well as his dads old '94 32-40 WCF, he reached down and pinched my chin pulling my face up, looked me dead in the eyes and said, "every weapon here is loaded, don't EVER! touch them" you want to shoot, come get me, and we'll go shoot! yessir I squeaked. grin

Something about lessons taught like that are NEVER forgotten, and that was near 50 years ago.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by gunner500
ExC, I of course no nothing of your service, but, did learn from my Gramps [1940-1981, WW-II, Kor, Viet] who retired a roguey old ornery E-9 SGM that carrying a 1911 cocked and locked on a loaded chamber was the way they should be carried if you figure on using the damn thing. smile he had just retrieved it and it's leather holster from an old cedar chest of drawers, iirc it was a Colt or Springfield 45 ACP, his issue pistol.

I was 8 or 9 years old in Gramps' bedroom standing at his gun cabinets when that lesson was taught, he then swung his old big hand pointing across his rack of guns, M-1's, 30-06's and 30-30 hunting rifles, with a brace of 12 and 20 gauge shotguns, as well as his dads old '94 32-40 WCF, he reached down and pinched my chin pulling my face up, looked me dead in the eyes and said, "every weapon here is loaded, don't EVER! touch them" you want to shoot, come get me, and we'll go shoot! yessir I squeaked. grin

Something about lessons taught like that are NEVER forgotten, and that was near 50 years ago.

I can't imagine you ever squeaking lmao!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I can't imagine you ever squeaking lmao!

OH CHIT Buddy, I went weak in the knees, I was face to face with the Devil. grin

Trump Won!
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by satx78247
jmd025,

Pardon me for saying that you are WRONG. - Many or most of us old soldiers, sailors, LEOs, Marines, USAF vets, etc. have MANY things that we cannot talk about. - Personally, I prefer say, "I cannot talk about that." or "no comment" to saying "NOYFB",which is the other obvious alternative.
(I've been retired since 2006 & I still cannot discuss any number of diverse subjects from my AD era, even though it was long ago.)

MANY of us "old-timers" still cannot reveal where/when/in what job (and in some cases, not even what our MOS/AFSC & "job title" was) that we served because "NDA" have no expiration date.. - I know of a case where a former E-7 was "visited by government agents" & "strongly cautioned" for talking about his usual duties in "a place far away" & more than 5 years before.
(It just so happens that I was stationed in that area & as far as I know NOTHING very sensitive, much less classified, was being done by any of the "allied forces training group" members.)

yours, tex

You missed my point , but made yours .. it’s ok . I somewhat agree with you . But I’m far from WRONG.

OP just wants to feel special , therefore he’s gonna hint that he’s some operative then shut it down with “not at liberty to say “ , because there probably nothing TO say .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
JMD, I hope the OP returns, I have a question for him about the unknown/spoken. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never understood why a person brings up a subject just to say "I'm not at liberty to say....whatever."

just sayin'

or not at liberty to be sayin'

if you follow what I'm sayin' not sayin'

Last edited by David_Walter; 04/10/19.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
gunner500,

Sounds like your grandfather KNEW how to get a young boy's attention. = FYI, my grandfather said something similar to me when I was about 8YO.

Comment: My grandfather passed away in 1962. SADLY, I must tell you that I doubt that hardly any young boys will see the equal of your grandfather or mine. = They seem to all be gone now.- Such men really were "the GREATEST generation".
(Fwiw, my grandfather was born in 1873 & was a survivor of the last Comanche Murder Raid into Northeast Texas. - He was about "a babe at the breast" at the time.)

Btw, when I was 12YO he gave me a 12-gauge single barrel "Long Tom" so that I "could hunt with the men". I felt VERY "grown up" that day.
(As it's nothing more than a "hardware store shotgun" by RIVER ARMS of MS, I seriously doubt that I could sell that old shotgun for more than 20 bucks but money wouldn't buy it, as it was once his & now mine. = It's PRICELESS & in my will.)
I'll never forget what my mother said when I came home carrying it, "Daddy, you didn't give that CHILD a REAL gun, did you? PLEASE tell me that you didn't." - My grandfather said, "Glynn, I gave it to him because he's going to hunt with the men. He's plenty old enough to hunt. This is men's business."
(As my Grandfather was THE family patriarch, Mother said nothing else about it & I got to keep MY gun. - It's one of my few TREASURES.)

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 04/10/19. Reason: grammar/spelling errors

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

LMAO! My four boys got the same treatment. Three of them grew up to be career cops or soldiers and thus far, haven't shot anybody that didn't need shootin'.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
SargeMO,

Your sons are LUCKY, imVho.

Fwiw, when I was issued/carried a 1911A1 every day as a 31D35, I carried it loaded in a LH Bianchi holster & "cocked & locked".

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 04/10/19. Reason: add

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To All,

To me, SHOW, rather than TELL me, what a CF rifle will DO if used carelessly, my grandfather set a gallon "tin" can of ketchup on top of a fencepost & shot it with my "new to me" deer-rifle when I was just 14YO & not long before his passing.

WOW!!, was all that I could think to say, when the ketchup (the COLOR of fresh blood, btw) went all over the yard. - The "tin" can EXPLODED.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I've never understood why a person brings up a subject just to say "I'm not at liberty to say....whatever."

If you all were to re-read what I actually wrote about what I'm not at liberty to do, you would find that it was:
"I am at a distinct disadvantage when discussing the particulars raised in this thread, because I am not at liberty to say in print how it is I have come to know all that I have said here, or to provide further details."
I realize that this can leave me looking like a BS artist to those who don't pay close attention to what they read.

But, notice the words, "particulars raised" and "in print." Those words are important. The subject I originally brought up was Cocked-and-Locked versus variations of Condition Two, and the risks associated with carrying in Condition Two. The "particulars raised" were the supporting statistics and the (intentionally vague but still illustrative) examples, the surrounding details of which are revealing but sensitive. While I am at liberty to verbally discuss those details, "I am not at liberty to say in print how it is I have come to know all that I have said here, or to provide further details" beyond what I have already written. Accept that, or not.

If you should have some interest in hearing additional details, and how it is I know them, there is always NRA Indianapolis later this month. The offer remains open.

Every day’s an adventure.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is it that you are sharing is exciting and/or new information? The 1911 has been around for a long time. The manual of arms for the 1911 got worked out a long time ago. Your original post wasn't exactly a set of stone tablets in a burning bush. You don't have to be a super secret squirrel ninja to know anything that you have posted so the cloak and dagger thing just comes off as ridiculous.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
EXCHIPY=LAWYER. Building an information data base to either help or hurt someone. It would have to be one or the other.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (444Matt, 450yukon, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 22 invisible), 1,999 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,371
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.