Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fredrica,

It's your Imagination...simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint.

Bless your heart..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I’ll not piss on bboys thread. He’s good people.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fredrica,

Cheer up...nobody can make you out to be a DUMBER Fhuqk than you can,by simply doing your best.

I get it,that your Minimum Wage "paychecks" preclude you from gunning much in any boresize.

Hint......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wasn't that you that said, " those that talk about $$$ the most, have the least"??? Just checkin.....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Not 105's but sierra 95 gr. tipped matchkings bc .500 is a very good varmint bullet about as expolsive as a heavier 6mm bullet gets.

MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 105 HPBT and 108 ELD are my favourites. The 105 is 95% of what the 108 is, for 50% of the money.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That Hornie Holler Point,is just plum amazin' and don't give a fhuqk about anything.

LOVE 'em...............

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
For flat out accuracy the 107gr Sierra Match King has been my favorite long range rock chuck bullet. for more explosive results I like the Berger 95gr VLD hunting

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 107 Sugar,is a touch slicker than the Hornie 105. It's just nice to shoot a single boolit,with a single zero and not fret either the near or the far. Using PV,the Sugar is $158.28 per (500) and the Hornie HPBT $100.47 for a like many. Congratulations?!?

It's nice that when using the same boolit,that one nets a $115+ credit,per every 1000 trigger pulls,which equates to barrels being free.

Hint.......................

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
The rock chucks are out and I've about got the loading room in my new house all set up and running. I dusted off an old favorite rifle that Jim See built for me about 12 years ago.

It's an 8 twist brux light Palma interrupted fluted on a trued Rem action. I used to always use 105 amaxes for rock chucks and the rifle was throated to kiss those at 2.80". I've also killed deer with it using 105 Berger vlds. I really liked the 105 hornady match bthp too but amaxes always seemed to give a little more pop early in on varmints.

Should I just go to the 108 eld m or is there a better high bc soft bullet with early upset? I really like 105 g high bc 6mms as a dual purpose long range big game and varmint bullet. I tried some different 115s a few years back but I didn't think they hung with the 105s.

I'm just going to keep using the hornady match 105 bthp's for game but I'd like to find something to replace my old favorite 105 Amax varmint load. I have some 108 elds I'll try first but I know there's some other new bullets to try. Any other good fast opening heavy 6mm bullets out now?

Bb

Hey Burleyboy chucks are one of my favorite things to hunt. I used to shoot Noslers at then in my 243 and while they popped okay it wasn't that exciting. I sold that good shooter to my buddy for his wife, but am now wanting one again. I've read that the 87 VMAX's were awesome but the BC's were all that high IMO. How do you rate the 105 AMX's vs the 87 VMAXs? I'm building a 260 AI specifically for long range chucks and targets. But considering getting another 243 win barrel and matbe even a 22-250 or 22-2350 AI to screw on also. I'm over in Eastern Oregon and my area just doesn't have the numbers you Idahoans seem to have. Roadtrip!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The 107 Sugar,is a touch slicker than the Hornie 105. It's just nice to shoot a single boolit,with a single zero and not fret either the near or the far. Using PV,the Sugar is $158.28 per (500) and the Hornie HPBT $100.47 for a like many. Congratulations?!?

Hold on..... I thought you were so rich that money was no object.

But then, again, all you are doing is breaking rocks.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

I've less than zero Sugar love and certainly in regards to the 107. I realize that given your versions of "means","abilities" and "comprehension",that is impossible for you to keep pace and that you'd do best,by simply taking fhuqking notes and applying same. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING though.

Hint.................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GoForBroke
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
The rock chucks are out and I've about got the loading room in my new house all set up and running. I dusted off an old favorite rifle that Jim See built for me about 12 years ago.

It's an 8 twist brux light Palma interrupted fluted on a trued Rem action. I used to always use 105 amaxes for rock chucks and the rifle was throated to kiss those at 2.80". I've also killed deer with it using 105 Berger vlds. I really liked the 105 hornady match bthp too but amaxes always seemed to give a little more pop early in on varmints.

Should I just go to the 108 eld m or is there a better high bc soft bullet with early upset? I really like 105 g high bc 6mms as a dual purpose long range big game and varmint bullet. I tried some different 115s a few years back but I didn't think they hung with the 105s.

I'm just going to keep using the hornady match 105 bthp's for game but I'd like to find something to replace my old favorite 105 Amax varmint load. I have some 108 elds I'll try first but I know there's some other new bullets to try. Any other good fast opening heavy 6mm bullets out now?

Bb

Hey Burleyboy chucks are one of my favorite things to hunt. I used to shoot Noslers at then in my 243 and while they popped okay it wasn't that exciting. I sold that good shooter to my buddy for his wife, but am now wanting one again. I've read that the 87 VMAX's were awesome but the BC's were all that high IMO. How do you rate the 105 AMX's vs the 87 VMAXs? I'm building a 260 AI specifically for long range chucks and targets. But considering getting another 243 win barrel and matbe even a 22-250 or 22-2350 AI to screw on also. I'm over in Eastern Oregon and my area just doesn't have the numbers you Idahoans seem to have. Roadtrip!

Choke,

Your Imagination and Pretend are fhuqking HILARIOUS. Congratulations?!?

Pass the 224 Kreedmire and hold the Fluff.

Hint.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you have electric in your tar-paper squatter's shack?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Do you have electric in your tar-paper squatter's shack?

Trybone,

I rather enjoy your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude,as you simply do your BEST. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,you MAGNIFICENT Whining Kchunt.

Hint.....................

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Tyrone, you still putting up with the trailer park punk? Ignore works great.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6mm,

I find it that your Imaginary Pretend Ignore consumes you,in such "convincing" fashion. LAUGHING! Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,for doing your BEST...with what incredibly little you "have" to work with.

Hint.................

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wish I had a few more 105 amaxes on hand. Some lots did better for my than others and my better lots are running low. The 105 vld did fine on deer and exited on the ones I shot with it but didn't usually give me the early upset on chuck's the amax does.

I've pretty much dropped the vld in favor of the 105 match bthp which shoots great especially for the price. I have yet to shoot a deer with the match bthp but I'm pretty sure it will work. The match hasn't given me the early upset the amax does either. I'll give the 108s a go on the chucks this spring.

The amax and bthp both shoot to almost the same poa so it's been a good combo. If the 108 does the same I'll go 108s and the bthp. Time to get a 22 creedmoor build for 88s going and give the old 243 some time off.

Bb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I love the 105 Hornie BTHP in everything from 270 to 6-284/6-06 and it hammers Critters happily,throughout that velocity spectrum.

Hint................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like I’ll be trying the 105 hpbt in my Barrett. Thanks for the info guys.

Yup.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

191 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 44automag, 348srfun, 31 invisible), 2,004 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.