Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

The Pennsylvania Game Commission has voted 5-3 to open the statewide firearms deer season on a Saturday. The change is effective this year.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Oh man, this thread will be good for at least 30 pages.

When they first started talking about this, there were some people on here that thought the world was coming to an end. They might get an extra day to hunt, but it made opening day on a Saturday instead of Monday. Personally, I always thought the Monday thing was a little off. We open on Saturday here.

Everyone I know up there loves the idea.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Intended to get more college students out to hunt, since the poor dears will be home that Saturday, but can't be around the following Monday. Maybe help a few more adults that can't get Monday off and kids whose schools no longer close on the first Monday. They are desperate to stem the loss of hunters and think this will help? Despite the fact that more than one poll indicated a clear majority of deer hunters didn't want the change.

Our current board of commissioners have decided old goats that still drive hours to hunting camps are dinosaurs of the past and no longer matter.

Even though we probably still make up a third or more of current deer hunters. One stat I read during the controversy leading up to this decision, is that only about 25 to 30 percent of deer hunters still travel to a hunting camp for rifle deer So this will benefit those who hunt close to home and the afore mentioned groups.

For decades we got camp open on the Friday after Thanksgiving, visited a bit with camp neighbors, went small game or turkey hunting on that Saturday and got prepped for the Monday opener. Out the window now.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gah

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dubePA

For decades we got camp open on the Friday after Thanksgiving, visited a bit with camp neighbors, went small game or turkey hunting on that Saturday and got prepped for the Monday opener. Out the window now.

You can still hunt, visit on Monday.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heard about it right away this morning. Nothing but bitching back and forth since. Small business going to take a hit same as when they changed the bear opener. Guys no longer had to take off on Mon-Wed. Schools and employers no longer need to offer Monday off.

All a push for Sundays. Nothing to do with people and time. Dept of Labor statistics dont lie. Majority of people dont use all their vacation, and the few without vacation is just that, minute compared to the majority.

Personally, I hate it and how itll affect not only tradition, but small business. Not too happy that there will be potentially hung over hunters just over the ridge from partying the night before. With Monday starter they could sleep off Fridays/Saturdays escapades on Sunday. Now theyll be out in full force. Yay.

Ill still do my thing, get my deer after the majority will go home. Am afraid ill lose Monday holiday off and have to burn another vacation day, but oh well.......anything to keep the greedy no priority bastards happy.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Is Sunday hunting still prohibited?

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Is Sunday hunting still prohibited?

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Machs nichs to me. I don't bother hunting PA until end of first week or the second week anyway. Most of the PA guys I talked to were for it. They screwed up in not including Sundays in the new regulations, IMO.

One thing it will do for us in MD is yank the PA guys out of our woods that first Saturday, hopefully. Historically there's been a large crew of PA guys that swoop down to the Game Lands I hunt to score an extra day of hunting, and all the while blasting anything that moved and actually put on drives right through where others were hunting. (I mean, c'mon. Drives on opening day morning for pete's sake, on public not private land where it's acceptable?!)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm disappointed. I've previously stated my position ad nauseam.

It is what it is.

added
It's a bummer, that's what it is.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Intended to get more college students out to hunt, since the poor dears will be home that Saturday, but can't be around the following Monday. Maybe help a few more adults that can't get Monday off and kids whose schools no longer close on the first Monday. They are desperate to stem the loss of hunters and think this will help? Despite the fact that more than one poll indicated a clear majority of deer hunters didn't want the change.

Our current board of commissioners have decided old goats that still drive hours to hunting camps are dinosaurs of the past and no longer matter.

Even though we probably still make up a third or more of current deer hunters. One stat I read during the controversy leading up to this decision, is that only about 25 to 30 percent of deer hunters still travel to a hunting camp for rifle deer So this will benefit those who hunt close to home and the afore mentioned groups.

It's change, for change's sake.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by pahick
Heard about it right away this morning. Nothing but bitching back and forth since. Small business going to take a hit same as when they changed the bear opener. Guys no longer had to take off on Mon-Wed. Schools and employers no longer need to offer Monday off.

All a push for Sundays. Nothing to do with people and time. Dept of Labor statistics dont lie. Majority of people dont use all their vacation, and the few without vacation is just that, minute compared to the majority.

Personally, I hate it and how itll affect not only tradition, but small business. Not too happy that there will be potentially hung over hunters just over the ridge from partying the night before. With Monday starter they could sleep off Fridays/Saturdays escapades on Sunday. Now theyll be out in full force. Yay.

Ill still do my thing, get my deer after the majority will go home. Am afraid ill lose Monday holiday off and have to burn another vacation day, but oh well.......anything to keep the greedy no priority bastards happy.

Pretty much it in a nutshell.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
This drives me nuts I’m fairly young and disappointed with the way things are going hate to hear arguments that I love to hunt just don’t want to use my vacation to do it. I believe all this is going to back fire on PGC with not getting them any more license sales because that’s what they are digging for I hope that Sunday hunting doesn’t pass when this gives them no change in license numbers

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
How many College students will head home after classes Fri, to hunt Saturday,then head back Sunday for class Monday? Not many. When my daughter was at university, if she could hunt she did. If it wasn't prudent she didnt. Believe it or not,college came first. Still will I bet. It's 2 to 6 years of your life on average. No body will die missing a deer season of two. Megan usually hunted the first Saturday and a couple days within the two week season. Probably as much as most of the folks that voted to change the opener do.

If this is really about students and folks without vacation,why no Sunday hunting?

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We've got to appease the "get to do everything" generation....

This is just the rifle season opener. They should have left well enough alone.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
During the "debates" on Sunday Hunting what was one of the biggest arguments? "I dont have vacation and work Saturdays" So the GC gives them Saturdays....the more I think about this schit the more pissed I get. If they wanted another Saturday give us a 3rd week. Reduce the doe allocation to reflect the extra week and BOOM everyones happy again. Again, this has not a damn thing to do with time, and everything with setting up Sundays.

Said it a million times, quit phuggin around with Sundays and put it on the ballot!! Along with disbanding the GC and combining agencies. Its time!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
This whole argument never ceases to amuse! same with the sunday hunting arguments. the thought of lobbying to not hunt more is astounding to me.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Denny, im sure as President of PFSC you sat in many meetings. Your opinion, honest question, no BS.....did we, the average hunter ever have a say? Our emails mean nothing?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm delighted. If only obviously.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by moosemike

Im sure you rubbed one out as soon as you heard.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
This whole argument never ceases to amuse! same with the sunday hunting arguments. the thought of lobbying to not hunt more is astounding to me.

There's already a gazillion days to hunt deer in Pa. Plus you could hunt small game and turkeys on that Saturday. Now you can't. Adding one more Saturday for deer ain't gonna do jack chit to increase hunter numbers.

All it does for me is cut family time over the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll have to travel on Friday instead of Saturday or Sunday to get from my daughters house in Berks county to my hunting grounds in Clearfield county. Sucks a big one.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No Sunday hunting without approval from the legislature. Just how it is here. If they'd give that over to the game commission, then maybe a Saturday deer opener makes a bit more sense? I don't give a damn about Sunday hunting for deer anyway, but that's just my view, lots do want it.

The Monday opener was more to my liking for several reasons.

Sundays for pretty much everything else is fine with me, especially woodchucks and turkeys.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Old traditions die hard and painfully. We always enjoyed the Friday ride to camp and taking our time getting ready for Monday. Saturday was a good day to go try for a turkey or some squirrels and grouse. 'Guess that's done. 'Can't believe they didn't get Sundays included in this. Kinda makes that first Saturday look like the ugly stepchild. Like I said, hard to see the old traditions die off, along with the old hunters.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't give a damn about Sunday hunting for deer anyway, but that's just my view, lots do want it.

Now wait a second....YOUR name was signed on the HUSH lawsuit! You dont give a damn about Sunday hunting? Pfft!!! Tell me thats not your name and signature Denny!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Please explain that better with actual dates as an example. did they shorten your season by a week by opening it the saturday before? I will be honest, I never understood how hunting was done on the east coast, even when I lived there. it was so screwed up as a whole I didn't even hunt. To me is seems like a soup sandwich that ya'll are trying to organize and rationalize. Where I live our season(s) run about the same every year. a few are the whole month of november (or october) regardless of when the 1st starts, and the regular rifle for west river runs so the last of the 3 weekends it's open is thanksgiving weekend. Now I get that people bank on these dates and expect them, but to whine about it opening the saturday before, or complaining that it's not closed on sundays seems absolutely retarded to me. I don't know the whole story, nor do I care except for what I see here when I scroll and it intrigues me enough to click. but as an outsider, it looks to me like the overall season hasn't changed aside from the saturday before the "normal" opener is the new one, so in effect you gained A day of hunting, on a weekend... and many are pissed about it. forget the whole "sunday hunting" which you still fight for keeping. I wonder what kind of stupid they put in the water there. You do realize the deer have no idea what day it is right? now if someone can explain it in a rational matter, I'm all ears, but this really seems like you all have been eating [bleep] for so long, that now when they offer you piss, you complain that it isn't more [bleep]. I honestly feel very sorry for you all to not know what it's like to live free, at least to the degree we are allowed out here. You have my prayers

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Please explain that better with actual dates as an example. did they shorten your season by a week by opening it the saturday before? I will be honest, I never understood how hunting was done on the east coast, even when I lived there. it was so screwed up as a whole I didn't even hunt. To me is seems like a soup sandwich that ya'll are trying to organize and rationalize. Where I live our season(s) run about the same every year. a few are the whole month of november (or october) regardless of when the 1st starts, and the regular rifle for west river runs so the last of the 3 weekends it's open is thanksgiving weekend. Now I get that people bank on these dates and expect them, but to whine about it opening the saturday before, or complaining that it's not closed on sundays seems absolutely retarded to me. I don't know the whole story, nor do I care except for what I see here when I scroll and it intrigues me enough to click. but as an outsider, it looks to me like the overall season hasn't changed aside from the saturday before the "normal" opener is the new one, so in effect you gained A day of hunting, on a weekend... and many are pissed about it. forget the whole "sunday hunting" which you still fight for keeping. I wonder what kind of stupid they put in the water there. You do realize the deer have no idea what day it is right? now if someone can explain it in a rational matter, I'm all ears, but this really seems like you all have been eating [bleep] for so long, that now when they offer you piss, you complain that it isn't more [bleep]. I honestly feel very sorry for you all to not know what it's like to live free, at least to the degree we are allowed out here. You have my prayers

You’ve obviously never been in the PA deer woods at dawn on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The "got to have it now" generation has no time for foreplay. This decision devastates a lifetime of tradition. This is only one season of many.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Nothing says you HAVE to hunt that opening Saturday. Guys I've talked to plan to continue their driving/kibitzing/drinking on Saturday and Sunday and heading into the woods on Monday. Big deal. It just adds a little more flexibility to some people's seasons, that's all.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Nothing says you HAVE to hunt that opening Saturday. Guys I've talked to plan to continue their driving/kibitzing/drinking on Saturday and Sunday and heading into the woods on Monday. Big deal. It just adds a little more flexibility to some people's seasons, that's all.

PA gets dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Hell, we just recently were granted the privelage to buy a six pack between noon and 5 on Sundays ...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It's the no Sunday hunting that makes this a dumb move,I'll likely skip driving 5 hours each way to hunt Saturday and not be able to hunt Sunday
NY did this a few years back but it wasn't as big a deal since you could hunt Sunday
IF PA was really interested in getting more people/youths involved they would allow Sunday hunting

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Exactly.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Poconojack

You’ve obviously never been in the PA deer woods at dawn on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Nope, I sure haven't, nor would I want to from how it sounds.

It must be more magical than opening day in other places..... you know, with it being monday and all....

Like I said earlier, the deer don't know what day of the week it is.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Exactly.

When someone says they get less time with family because they have to leave for camp on Friday, I say BS. Do it as you always had.

Some seriously stuck individuals here. I bet the switch from paper to plastic gave a few wives black eyes.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Paper or plastic? Now there's an issue worth pulling out the pistol over. grin grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe it's an apple and oranges kinda thing, comparing deer hunting traditions from one state to another? PA manages to sell roughly 900,000 licenses per year, despite a national trend of declining sales and the number of hunters, but that's down from what it was a few decades ago.

PA measures a tad over 46,000 square miles and still has lots of rural land, not to mention millions of acres of forested, mountainous land, primarily in the northern parts of the state. Within that acreage is over 2.5 million acres of public access land to hunt on, plus lots more private land open to public access with permission. We probably have roughly 700,000 people that hunt deer. Estimates put the majority of those out on opening day of firearms deer season.

Deer numbers are not spread evenly across the state, but there are areas with huge deer numbers, most areas have adequate numbers and still some areas that hold few deer. People argue endlessly about how many deer we have, but we seem to always rank high in deer/vehicle accident rates, so I'd say we have plenty of deer? Annual deer kill numbers from the various seasons, have stayed in the 300,000+ range for years.

Hunting camps were the thing here, going back to the 1920s, because the deer were primarily in the northern areas. Hundreds of thousands of hunters went to those camps to hunt each year. Not the big deal it once was, partly because deer are now more common in other parts of PA, but that camp thing is still an important part of our deer hunting traditions. May not be the same in other states, can't say?

J
J
I couldn't agree more pa game commission just sees $$$$$

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Denny, im sure as President of PFSC you sat in many meetings. Your opinion, honest question, no BS.....did we, the average hunter ever have a say? Our emails mean nothing?

The average hunter is a whiny bitch and this thread proves it. LMAO. Some of you guys would squawk about getting hung with a new rope.

Camp is where you make it.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
During the "debates" on Sunday Hunting what was one of the biggest arguments? "I dont have vacation and work Saturdays" So the GC gives them Saturdays....the more I think about this schit the more pissed I get. If they wanted another Saturday give us a 3rd week. Reduce the doe allocation to reflect the extra week and BOOM everyones happy again. Again, this has not a damn thing to do with time, and everything with setting up Sundays.

Said it a million times, quit phuggin around with Sundays and put it on the ballot!! Along with disbanding the GC and combining agencies. Its time!

I assume you mean turning everything over to the polititions would be preferable?
In my 72 seasons of hunting in PA ive witnessed quite a few changes, and not all I agreed with including this one.
But this just might be one whose time has come. That said I don't think it will change much, especially in license sales numbers.
I don't think Sunday hunting will either other than for maybe a year, but it will no doubt shift the days some choose to hunt.
So we could look for the big exodus on Sunday afternoon instead of Tuesday afternoon?
That might not be all bad.
Bars at least initially will probably see more business with a weekend opener, especially those that offer freebees.
I mean where else is there to go to complain about seein no deer? lol

ARs and brown goes down weekends cant be very far off.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Holy schit...why would you want to with this many screaming children in the woods?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
HAHAHAHA, that's my thought. then with the apparent lack of deer for many, oh man. sign me up!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Holy schit...why would you want to with this many screaming children in the woods"?

Aw, go out in the shop and lean on a Furd or something? We don't pick on yinz like that. ;O)

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The amount of b!tching over this law change is upsetting.

This is the start, Sunday hunting legal by 2020 season. Great job PGC!

Hunt...
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CBB

I don't understand why everyone there isn't thinking like that. But damnit!!! They don't want to hunt on Sunday. lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bout F'N time the PA Game Commission got in the 21 century

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by CBB

I don't understand why everyone there isn't thinking like that. But damnit!!! They don't want to hunt on Sunday. lol

I'll hunt every chance I get, hell told the wife I may hunt NY pn Thanksgiving. She told me to be home in time for dinner

Hunt...
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Here's another good one. Lots of non res campers have been b!tching about not being able to get doe tags. Allocations are up all over this year 8000 in my wmu. Now you will hear them cry about killing all the deer!

Hunt...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Machs nichs to me. I don't bother hunting PA until end of first week or the second week anyway. Most of the PA guys I talked to were for it. They screwed up in not including Sundays in the new regulations, IMO.

One thing it will do for us in MD is yank the PA guys out of our woods that first Saturday, hopefully. Historically there's been a large crew of PA guys that swoop down to the Game Lands I hunt to score an extra day of hunting, and all the while blasting anything that moved and actually put on drives right through where others were hunting. (I mean, c'mon. Drives on opening day morning for pete's sake, on public not private land where it's acceptable?!)

I don't hunt on public land if I can help it, but I'm with you gnoahhh, this might keep all of those "Penntuckians" from comin down here a scarin all of our deer. Man, you drive past the parking areas for the public land on Saturday, and 3/4 of the vehicles are from PA. They can get here and be in the woods in about an hour or so. Them guys up there in Southern PA ain't goin to no deer camps because they know that they can come down here and shoot more in one day than they can in a whole season in PA.

I can see where this might upset the traditions of those guys that go to "Deer Camp" to hunt. But I bet the majority of the hunters in PA don't. I've talked to a handful of guys that I deal with from up around the Scranton area, and none of them go to a hunting camp. They all sleep in their beds at home, get up bright and early on opening day and drive down the road a few miles to where they hunt on private land and go wait for a buck to show himself. ALL of those guys are delighted with this news.

We've always had opening day on Saturday. I always thought that no hunting on Sunday gave the deer a "cool down day" so that we could catch them off guard on Monday. Now that we can hunt on Sunday, it hasn't made a hill of beans difference. We can still shoot the hell out of them for the next 2 weeks just like we used to.

If it's the tradition you guys are worried about, or the logistics of getting to where you need to be on a certain day, keep doing what you do. I'm sure you'll still kill just as many deer as you used to. For those of you that don't have any traditions of going somewhere special, go shoot a deer on Saturday and have fun doing it. All of the rest of those guys will be sitting around their deer camp getting drunk and waiting for Monday to roll around. If I was from there, I'd be having a celebration for the extra day of deer season. It's hard for me to comprehend people complaining about more hunting time, but I'm not from there.

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by CBB

They are thinking like that. I think there's probably more people in PA that want this, than don't. If they ever open on Sundays, I guarantee you that they'll change their ways. It's probably only the Amish and Mennonites that won't be out there on Sunday if they do change it.

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slowly, bit by bit, this all changes...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Them guys up there in Southern PA ain't goin to no deer camps because they know that they can come down here and shoot more in one day than they can in a whole season in PA.

Youre a phuggin idiot. 3 local townships around my camp are dominated by southern PA folks and their camps. Fulton, Franklin, Adams, York, Lancaster, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lebanon, Chester.......generations of families from southern PA, where I live, made the drive north. And though members have passed on, those camps are still in use today. A few are just summer camps, but the majority still see at least a few for a day or 2. Usually after Tuesday theyre heading home.

Cross over 6, and the majority of non local owned farms in potato country are owned by southern PA folks, Jersey and New York. I lived there for 4 years. I worked and socialized with these folks. Maybe you outta get out of your small world and actually learn a little about a place you know not a damn thing about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's a strange way of saying "rolled a number". smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Holy schit...why would you want to with this many screaming children in the woods?

PA is "bitch baby central" as far as the Sportsman here go.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i think is long overdue. i love tradition but this makes the most sense. hunt saturday, celebrate saturday night and butcher on sunday or pack up and go home without blowing half a day of hunting or driving twisty mountain roads in pitch black winter conditions.

My diploma is a DD214
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The Saturday opener hasn't helped in NY. No more visiting with neighboring camps back and forth. No more saloon hopping to buy gun raffles. Breakfasts and dinners at the fire halls is a thing of the past, as is the traditional game feast at camp and late hours card games. Local businesses are suffering, from sporting goods stores to restaurants to grocery stores.There used to be a pretty substantial amount of money pumped into these economies. Not anymore. And all in the name of getting more people involved in the sport. Guess what - I haven't seen a single new hunter in our camp or any of the many camps around us. And it's the same everywhere when I talk to guys in restaurants, bars and around town.
Guys used to take a week vacation. They'd come up Friday night and stay till Wed. before Thanksgiving or the whole week. Now, they come up, hunt Saturday and Sunday morn then split for home. All the tradition and comradery is gone. I, for one, don't like it. Even guys that initially thought it was a good idea, have changed their minds.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't care what day they open it. Lord willing I'll hunt it.

Now with regards Sunday hunting, here is the reason why it hasn't happened. Hunters want it, but the Farm Bureau, which has more than a little clout didn't....

Pennsylvania Farm Bureau Testifies in Opposition to Expanding Sunday Hunting
Mark O’Neill, Media and Strategic Communications Director
510 S. 31st Street , Camp Hill, PA 17001 • 717.761.2740 • Email • @pfbmediaone

For Immediate Release: May 18, 2016
(Harrisburg) – Pennsylvania Farm Bureau (PFB) restated its overwhelming opposition to any legislative effort that would directly or indirectly lead to the expansion of existing Sunday hunting laws in the Commonwealth, during testimony before the Senate Game & Fisheries Committee.

“Farm Bureau members have considered the issue of Sunday hunting on multiple occasions over the past two decades. Each time, farmers expressed their unequivocal opposition to any expansion efforts,” said Joel Rotz, PFB State Government Affairs Senior Director.

Although it opposes additional hunting on Sunday, PFB supports hunting and the role hunters play in managing wildlife in the state. In fact, Farm Bureau has worked for decades to build constructive relationships with the Pennsylvania Game Commission (PGC) and its staff to help keep privately-owned lands open and accessible to hunters.
“Farmers and other private landowners, who account for about 80% of all land used for hunting in the state, voluntarily allow hunters on their property to pursue game. It would be unfortunate if efforts to force more hunting on Sundays damaged positive relationships developed between hunters and landowners,” added Rotz.

Farm Bureau notes that most Pennsylvanians support keeping the status quo on Sunday hunting, including many licensed hunters in the state. In addition, outdoor enthusiasts of all kinds support PFB’s position.

“Several years ago, hikers, bikers, horseback riders, naturalists, bird watchers, fall foliage fans and others joined Pennsylvania Farm Bureau in opposing legislation that would have opened the door to expanded Sunday hunting,”### continued Rotz.

Farm Bureau has a history of actively embracing efforts to increase opportunities for youth hunters in Pennsylvania and has worked in conjunction with the PGC, sportsmen’s groups and others to provide youngsters more chances to hunt.

“Farmers have suggested that the state Game Commission allow youth hunting during the rifled deer season on the Friday and Saturday following Thanksgiving, when schools are closed. It is a rule change that the Commission can implement without action from the state General Assembly,” concluded Rotz.

Pennsylvania Farm Bureau is the state’s largest farm organization with a volunteer membership of nearly 61,400 farm and rural families, representing farms of every size and commodity across Pennsylvania.
###

Category: News Releases

Now the last sentence tells a little hidden secret. Farms of all sizes, and you can have a little farmette and be a member. And many of them are against hunting, so when the farm bureau takes a vote on Sunday hunting, there are enough of the little anti-hunting farmeette owners to sway the vote to against. Then there is this: “Several years ago, hikers, bikers, horseback riders, naturalists, bird watchers, fall foliage fans and others joined Pennsylvania Farm Bureau in opposing legislation that would have opened the door to expanded Sunday hunting,” continued Rotz. Between the farm bureau and the leaf peepers they backed the legislature into a corner. The leaf peepers are for the most part anti-hunting and will side with anything that limits days afield.

I say forget about Sunday hunting on the farms, but there is no reason not to Sunday hunt on the 1,000,000 plus acres of Game Lands bought and paid for by hunters. Most farmers today don't let the majority hunt when asked anyway. Deer especially. "No we like to keep the Deer hunting for family and friends." Forget them, with the exception of a few farmers, and most of them want Does wiped out on their grounds, it has been a long time since the Pa hunters and farmers have been a coalition working together for the benefit of each other.

The GC wants Sunday hunting along with the hunters, but they don't always get to make the rules.... But those who know little about the reason, jump all over the GC. Nor can you just blame the out of staters. Most of the in staters are just as clueless. Sunday hunting in 2020. Wave the flag, but don’t hold your breath and at least know the why not you are up against.

Last edited by battue; 04/10/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
The people that weren’t born and raised on this tradition won’t understand why no one likes it and apparently never heard the jerry reed song about the preacher and the bear. That said if you think we are whinny bitches you can swing by my place and let me know personally what a whinny bitch looks like
Pat Mcpeak
121 Borden road
Towanda Pa 18848
Sunday’s are for drinking and cutting up the deer you killed that week

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Dam...where else can you get all this entertainment! We even got wrastlin’

I hear you guys on the tradition, but I’ll take the additional day.

Last edited by TomM1; 04/10/19.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Oh boy, now the BAMF are coming out against Sunday hunting. Now we are not only up against the Farm bureau and leaf peepers, but ourselves. Nobody said you can’t drink and cut up Deer on Sunday. You want to do that instead of hunt fine with us. Some would like to hunt. Why the problem?

BTW, I was born to the tradition and most likely before you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PFB has welcomed the support of those "hikers, bikers, equestrians and others", because those groups also oppose more SH. That's because they want to continue to have use of State Game Lands on Sundays, as they have for decades and no hunters around. While the hunters that helped pay for those SGLs, can't hunt on them. Unless they're hunting foxes and crows in season, or coyotes?

While PFB likes to boast about those membership numbers, only those actively farming on a commercial basis, are entitled to a vote..

Over the years, PGC, often with urging from Legislators, has given PFB just about everything they've asked for, when it comes to dealing with crop damages from wildlife. DMAPs, Red Tags, higher doe tag allocations, longer deer and bear seasons and so on. Ask them for one more day of hunting on a weekend, when most have time to hunt and it's 'Oh, hell no".

I don't favor more SH only on SGLs and other public lands. I would favor being able to hunt on my own land, too. From conversations with my kin and camp neighbors that are farmers, so would they.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Agree completely Dube. In addition farmers get to hunt 365 if they desire. GC asks what is going on and all he has to say is crop damage take it. Or hassle me and I will let none hunt here. I’ve seen it.

On my little 56 acres the rules are much different.

Let’s not leave out various farm subsidies, a portion of which comes out of hunters taxes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read most of the posts on this and find it a bit incredible.

I understand sentiment on tradition - been doing it since 1973 or so, '75 as a 12 year old with a license. I shot my first deer just outside of Marienville in Elk County. My moms famy is all from Clearfield. We hunted Turkey, deer, bears up there for years. I get it.

I also recall the days of the pumpkin army invading the woods, 100 shots in the first hour, deer running everywhere, and any buck larger than a 3" spike getting shot. 80% of the buck kill in those days were 18 month old deer.

I recall the 'horror' over antler restrictions. Woods be littered with dead bucks too small to tag, never shoot another buck again, etc. Last year I saw 5 bucks on the first day, including a legal nice 8 pt that didn't present a shot right after daylight. Shot an 18" 8 pt on Weds of the second week. My dad shot its twin the same evening.

I am now an out of stater. I drive 600 miles to hunt their because of the tradition involved. Wouldn't miss the first day for anything. This year I'll do something really crazy. Drive up Thursday, hang stands on Friday, hunt Saturday, drive 600 miles home on Sunday. I'll repeat the following Friday to hunt Saturday and stay the following week when does are legal and guys are home bitching about the lack of deer, crappy weather or some other complaint. I'd be willing to bet I hang a decent buck and a doe or two by the end of the season.

Suffice to say, I'm ok with a Saturday opener, antler restrictions, and hopefully Sunday hunting next year. We only have so many seasons on this earth. Let's savor what we have. Carry on.

Last edited by bwinters; 04/10/19.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There is NOTHING like opening day in PA. I am sure the guys in Michigan, Maine, Wisconsin etc. have the same sentiment As has been said before it's about tradition. I have lived opening day in PA and CO, no comparison, just sayin. Do I love Colorado absolutely but it doesn't have the mystique for me Pennsylvania did. I think it has a lot to do with the lead up to opening day the weekend before afforded it. I will probably never hunt opening day in PA ever again, but I will never forget the wonderful times and experiences I had when I was there.

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
This thread is pure gold!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
This thread is pure gold!

And like Yogi would say. "It is deja vu over again" Come Deer season it will repeat. Waa, I like Monday, waa I'm happy with Saturday, waa I want to cut up Deer on Sunday, waa I want to hunt on Sunday, waa Grandpa is really pisssed about this Saturday thing and I have to drive to camp with him, waaa Grandma is pisssed that the GC upset Grandpa and she is going to post the farm.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And to top it off, Christmas is on Wednesday this year.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

I'm retired, and a long time PA resident, so it doesn't matter much to me, but if they do this without allowing Sunday hunting, I feel it will have a negative effect. As an old fart who has hunted every PA opener for 57 years, I think the northern tier hunting camps and small retailers will suffer, again.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They don care about the northern tier. 36% increase in doe kill last year in 2G. Stabilization my ass. 13% reduction in tags this year.....wont even make a dent in last years loss. Its about the trees man, the trees. Failed experiemnt. Oh, cant forget gas, need that revenue. Drill drill drill. Maybe Wolfs gas tax will put a stop to the drillin.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Ok, so did anybody think to ask the deer for their opinion? Easiest way would be to set up a polling station outside The Deer Cave* at 8AM opening day.

* The Deer Cave- that secret hidey hole all the bucks disappear to when the first shots are heard. They contain bunks, lavatories, corn stockpiles, and hooker does. Choice bunks and hookers are on a first-come-first-serve basis, usually claimed by the 10-pointers who are smart enough to arrive the night before.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

PA is "bitch baby central" as far as the Sportsman here go.

It must be. Folks wanted to start shooting bigger bucks. So, PA changed the rules so a bunch of does can be shot and let the little guys grow. Then, they started whining about not being able to shoot spikes and forks. Now I've seen some damn fine bucks coming out of PA for the guys that put their time in. Hell, I know a few guys that hunt PA, and their camp butts up against public land. One guy that's never been there, went into those big scary woods with the other hunters and shot a 9pt on his first day. Huh? Who'd a thunk it?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Nepahunter
The people that weren’t born and raised on this tradition won’t understand why no one likes it and apparently never heard the jerry reed song about the preacher and the bear. That said if you think we are whinny bitches you can swing by my place and let me know personally what a whinny bitch looks like
Pat Mcpeak
121 Borden road owanda Pa 18848
Sunday’s are for drinking and cutting up the deer you killed that week

Oh I've been part of hunting traditions my entire life. Camps, opening day's.... You'd have a hard time convincing me that WI's opening day/deer camp tradition isn't as strong as any state in the country. And... hold the phone, it opens on a Saturday!!! It's the week of Thanksgiving. Schools are closed, bars and restaurants get a good portion of their yearly revenue in those 9 days.

Some people even hunt on Sunday. But we all have fun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't done so lately, but when deer hunters here in PA were on our boards moaning about this and that, I looked at similar boards from MI, WI and OH. Seemed like some of the same "end of the world" crap was going on there, as well, if there were changes coming? Perhaps not as much, but seems like as a group, hunters who like to fuss, ain't in short supply.

Maybe we just look worse, because there are 700,000 of us, instead of smaller numbers in many other states? ;O)

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by CBB
Here's another good one. Lots of non res campers have been b!tching about not being able to get doe tags. Allocations are up all over this year 8000 in my wmu. Now you will hear them cry about killing all the deer!

That's BS. Last two years I was able to get two doe tags each year (as a non resident). Should be able to get my two this year.

Last edited by OrangeDiablo; 04/11/19.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They don care about the northern tier. 36% increase in doe kill last year in 2G. Stabilization my ass. 13% reduction in tags this year.....wont even make a dent in last years loss. Its about the trees man, the trees. Failed experiemnt. Oh, cant forget gas, need that revenue. Drill drill drill. Maybe Wolfs gas tax will put a stop to the drillin.

Keep voting Communist. They appreciate it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but seems like as a group, hunters who like to fuss, ain't in short supply.

[Linked Image]

pahick, did you ever pick up your venison from the butcher? whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo
Originally Posted by CBB

That's BS. Last two years I was able to get two doe tags each year (as a non resident). Should be able to get my two this year.

Not in 2f you didnt. They were sold out first week. Like I said 8000 in my wmu.

Hunt...
J
J
I like the communist comment it's very true in pa as well as the deer cave

J
J
Anyone hunt on gl 66 ??

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Interesting debate.. I hunted Pa. until I moved in 1972... Later when I retired in 99 I hunted it every fall until 2015 when the camp was sold.. There is an excitement about Pa.s deer season that is lacking other places.. Here I have units that I can hunt from Sept. til Dec.. Great, but it is not as exciting as that Pa. opener.. I guess if I were still able to hunt there, it would not make much difference to me either way.. Still an exciting time.. Enjoy!!

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Keep voting Communist. They appreciate it.

Lifelong Republican here, sorry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
but seems like as a group, hunters who like to fuss, ain't in short supply.

[Linked Image]

pahick, did you ever pick up your venison from the butcher? whistle

You know I did...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't done so lately, but when deer hunters here in PA were on our boards moaning about this and that, I looked at similar boards from MI, WI and OH. Seemed like some of the same "end of the world" crap was going on there, as well, if there were changes coming? Perhaps not as much, but seems like as a group, hunters who like to fuss, ain't in short supply.

Maybe we just look worse, because there are 700,000 of us, instead of smaller numbers in many other states? ;O)

You did more than look Denny. You and old Chuck made sure to ban anyone that raised a stink over the Commission, or anyone who brought data from other states that refuted your agenda. If it wasnt for Mack protecting your identities youd have all been flogged in public.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Look what the Saturday opener for bear did to bear hunting in state before the Saturday opener and all of the first week of deer to sit on your lazy but and wait for first thing to run by and start shooting you couldn’t find a spot to park around any mountain by my house now there’s no one. I’m not against more hunting time just rather see it later in the season when the good weather is starting to take over you wouldn’t hear a complaint about longer season if you didn’t ruin first day

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The PGC themselves polled hunters about changing opening days twice and both times results came back hunters did not want to fug with the switch. Yet they voted in favor of it anyway going against their own cash base.
Truth be told it was because one Commissioner wanted his and his brother's college kids to be able to hunt over Thanksgiving weekend. He went on record saying as much at a public board meeting. Just like the Commissioner who wanted baited dove hunting legal in Pa like he pays to do down south.
It is POLITICS PLAIN AND SIMPLE. The day will come when one of those azzholes wants baited deer and bear hunting statewide and will push that thru, too.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Jjc284
Anyone hunt on gl 66 ??

Yep!

Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
The PGC themselves polled hunters about changing opening days twice and both times results came back hunters did not want to fug with the switch. Yet they voted in favor of it anyway going against their own cash base.
Truth be told it was because one Commissioner wanted his and his brother's college kids to be able to hunt over Thanksgiving weekend. He went on record saying as much at a public board meeting. Just like the Commissioner who wanted baited dove hunting legal in Pa like he pays to do down south.
It is POLITICS PLAIN AND SIMPLE. The day will come when one of those azzholes wants baited deer and bear hunting statewide and will push that thru, too.

Youre right, politics. Ask dubePa...Denny Fillmore, president of PFSC. Him and his buddies pushed for it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You did more than look Denny. You and old Chuck made sure to ban anyone that raised a stink over the Commission, or anyone who brought data from other states that refuted your agenda. If it wasnt for Mack protecting your identities youd have all been flogged in public.

And the HuntingPA.com hate has even shown up here!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No it's common sense plain and simple. All our other seasons open on Saturdays but the world is ending because they moved this one to Saturday?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Why do a couple polls if you are not going to listen to the very people you are polling. Little wonder hunters have no respect for an agency that once was revered!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The PGC was once thought one of the best game orgs if not the best and today they have lost the confidence of the back tag buyers. Why because of failed programs, out right lies, getting caught giving sweetheart retirement buy outs to each other,. Still hunters overlooked all of that until they feared getting sued over PaWilds and ordered the drop in deer numbers DCNR wanted.
Those are facts not anecdotes! Many long time sportsman gave up the sport over them and would not give the PGC the spit it takes to wank off with.

Last edited by 1bigdude; 04/11/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What is a "back tag buyers" ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Its shown up everywhere due to a$$holes like him and Chuck banning everyone. I have a folder I kept of all the screenshots I took right before many were banned.

But thats neither here nor there. What really matters is the lying [bleep] actions. Legislators dont like that very much. When Dennys crew, especially Melody, got up in front of the legislators they made an ass of themselves. I saved that video too. Total disgrace. GC biologists and PFSC got knocked down a few pegs that day.

What makes you think they stopped their deceiving ways?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Back Tag is what Pa call a general licence then you buy additional licences such as archery, mz, bear, pheasant,etc.

Last edited by 1bigdude; 04/11/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Its shown up everywhere due to a$$holes like him and Chuck banning everyone. I have a folder I kept of all the screenshots I took right before many were banned.

But thats neither here nor there. What really matters is the lying [bleep] actions. Legislators dont like that very much. When Dennys crew, especially Melanie, got up in front of the legislators they made an ass of themselves. I saved that video too. Total disgrace. GC biologists and PFSC got knocked down a few pegs that day.

I got a permanent ban from HPA myself but it wasn't because of Denny. It was because Roosterbooster had a hard on for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
What is a "back tag buyers" ?

We used to have to wear our hunting licenses on our backs. They became known as "backtags"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

But thats neither here nor there. What really matters is the lying [bleep] actions. Legislators dont like that very much. When Dennys crew, especially Melanie, got up in front of the legislators they made an ass of themselves. I saved that video too. Total disgrace. GC biologists and PFSC got knocked down a few pegs that day.

I got a permanent ban from HPA myself but it wasn't because of Denny. It was because Roosterbooster had a hard on for me.

It was hard to piss John off. Dont mess with the owner...lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A clown named "TaterDavid" issued the ban on me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

LMAO..thats funny. I wont go into why. Casey, Chuck Lombaerde, Dennys buddy and PFSC VP banned me the last time. With a smart ass comment added to it. Neither would talk like they did in the comment to my face and walk away. Why John befriended these phuggs ill never know.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

"TaterDavid"..........Amish? 😀

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You know who this bitch is? You should.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

I probably know her name but not her face?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Otter6

"TaterDavid"..........Amish? 😀

IDK. He was just some joke of a Moderator.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]

I probably know her name but not her face?

Why thats Melody Schell herself. PFSC Consultant.

I took a minute to upload a nice video for you...from '14, but you can see our pros in action with special guest from PFSC. It is long, 2 hrs. Just FF to the good parts...theres many....lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup. I know the name!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yup. I know the name!

You should know other popular names also. Remember GalThatFishes? Kathy Davis...Miss QDMA.....(or did she and Brad Gehman"Dutch" get married?)

She liked the spotlight also...

How about JohnS, remember him? ID is now WoodsWalker.

Any other names ring a bell...
Steve Smith
Joe Neville
Gene Schang(huge jerkoff!)
Lowell Graybill..........

Just a wee bit out of all the knob slobbers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know Kathy and Brad personally. Brad is a friend of mine. As for John S. I've been dealing with him online for years. Some good, some bad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know Kathy and Brad personally. Brad is a friend of mine.

That explains much.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That the same Brad "Dutch"Gehman from Pa.Bowsite.com , QDMA idiot self appointed spokesperson for every hunter in the state of Pa. ?

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Yep that is him! Your description is spot on. Whom is he or QDMA or PFSC to speak for me or anyone else, I am perfectly capable of having my own opinions about the deer herd in Pa. ...and it sucks in 85% of the state. The Game department made up of people whom rarely step out from behind a computer and into the woods ruined it all for the sake of their health and retirment plans.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That the same Brad "Dutch"Gehman from Pa.Bowsite.com , QDMA idiot self appointed spokesperson for every hunter in the state of Pa. ?

The same. Isnt it a coincidence Brad, with his 420 acres, was a "major" stakeholder for one of the CACs. Kathy was what? Director of a PA branch of QDMA. She ends up on Outdoor Life IIRC bear hunting, rounds up backing from agencies to push for Sundays. Gets HUSH started, with backing from PFSC, lawsuit with PFSC(see earlier post with Dennys(dubePa) signature.......spent a lot of time commuting from Charleroi to Harrisburg. Maybe thats why she hooked up with Brad, save gas money laugh

I could post a lot, along with names, money, lobbyists, etc etc etc.....but it would go over most folks heads, here. Most dont have a peersonal interest in PA, or the politics surrounding game management. But ill say this, the deceving thieving sobs would make for one helluva made for tv movie.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That explains much.

Oh really? Just what does it explain? Are you getting kghunty again?

Last edited by moosemike; 04/12/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That explains much.

Oh really? Just what does it explain? Are you getting kghunty again?

Not at all. Just sayin, a friend of theirs...really isnt worth much.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup. You went back to being kghunty.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
This thread is almost as much fun as bum fights.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
If you don't have a dog in the fight why comment at all?
I make my stance perfectly clear for everyone to see...THE PGC CAN NOT MANAGE A GOOD CRAP LET ALONE THE DEER HERD... I do not hide behind goup names or private adgendas, etc. can you say as much?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp
Yep that is him! Your description is spot on. Whom is he or QDMA or PFSC to speak for me or anyone else, I am perfectly capable of having my own opinions about the deer herd in Pa. ...and it sucks in 85% of the state. The Game department made up of people whom rarely step out from behind a computer and into the woods ruined it all for the sake of their health and retirment plans.

The Dutchess really did have a high opinion of herself, I thought her and her multiple personalities was banned from most "hunting" sites. Wasn't she a maid or house cleaner of some sort ?
Along with being a doe slaying b*tich?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
J
Any luck up there

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If he didn't, I did !!!

I am jumpin up and down happy to see a Saturday opener !!!!!!!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The PGC was once thought one of the best game orgs if not the best and today they have lost the confidence of the back tag buyers. Why because of failed programs, out right lies, getting caught giving sweetheart retirement buy outs to each other,. Still hunters overlooked all of that until they feared getting sued over PaWilds and ordered the drop in deer numbers DCNR wanted.
Those are facts not anecdotes! Many long time sportsman gave up the sport over them and would not give the PGC the spit it takes to wank off with.

Hear, hear. I left Pa 45 years ago, recently moved back. They have royally fugged up ALL Pa hunting, not just deer. I'm in Erie. A buck has to have 3 up, so essentially an 8 point. There flat out are not a lot of those on public land. I counted 2 on my game cameras, on the 1700 acres I hunt.

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by benchman

Hear, hear. I left Pa 45 years ago, recently moved back. They have royally fugged up ALL Pa hunting, not just deer. I'm in Erie. A buck has to have 3 up, so essentially an 8 point. There flat out are not a lot of those on public land. I counted 2 on my game cameras, on the 1700 acres I hunt.

Sorry to hear that, travel east to the ANF and you will find plenty

Hunt...
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by CBB
Originally Posted by benchman

Sorry to hear that, travel east to the ANF and you will find plenty

Might have to do that. It's frustrating.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yoder409

If he didn't, I did !!!

Geez, another HPA knob gobbler...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If he didn't, I did !!!

PAhick, I've heard all about you from my sources. I had forgotten how big a douche you actually were.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If he didn't, I did !!!

PAhick, I've heard all about you from my sources. I had forgotten how big a douche you actually were.

LOL....I bet you did. laugh Glad I made your day wink

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
This has really been a let down the last few days. Then I saw a news story that they were opening up PA to sunday hunting, and going to a preference point system and only allowing 1 tag a year maximum. something about the doe population needing rescued and providing more opportunity for nonresidents.

you guys hear anything about that???

laugh

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The "Redflag" laws are going to the real game changers for the Dutchess and a few others with known mental illness issues that scream the loudest and most often about things that they know so little about.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
This has really been a let down the last few days. Then I saw a news story that they were opening up PA to sunday hunting, and going to a preference point system and only allowing 1 tag a year maximum. something about the doe population needing rescued and providing more opportunity for nonresidents.

you guys hear anything about that???

laugh

Absolutely. The catch is,the non residents have to buy a general license,a bear tag,and a Sasquatch license just to buy a preference point. With a 3% charge for credit card purchases. Don't forget. The cost of said licenses will increase yearly as demand escalates. But only for non residents. Bout time PA starts cash cropping our nation's wildlife. Like the big western states have.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimy
The "Redflag" laws are going to the real game changers for the Dutchess and a few others with known mental illness issues that scream the loudest and most often about things that they know so little about.

Who is this "Dutchess" you keep whining about?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If he didn't, I did !!!

Pretty brassy statement from a fellow who, not only, knows not chit from Shinola, but doesn't know me, either.

With all respect due you, sir.........eat a dikk.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If he didn't, I did !!!

Pretty brassy statement from a fellow who, not only, knows not chit from Shinola, but doesn't know me, either.

You guys get riled up way too fast...funny as phug! laugh Youre right, I dont know you Don. Relax.... smile

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I see reading comprehension is not one of your strong points.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If he didn't, I did !!!

Are ya relaxed now Don, oops I mean Strut, er uh ...Yoder? Can we talk this Saturday thing over now? Im not brassy anymore laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I see reading comprehension is not one of your strong points.

Well I can't see that you're speaking about Dutch. All he ever did was fight for Sunday hunting. If that's what has you and Hick bent out of shape then you have problems.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well I can't see that you're speaking about Dutch. All he ever did was fight for Sunday hunting. If that's what has you and Hick bent out of shape then you have problems.

Thats not what has many of us, not just me and jimy, pissed off about. The Commission never listens to hunters. 2/3 opposed this move. A majority was against Sunday hunting, and your buddy Brad, his skank, PFSC and many many more pushed passed anyone that got in their way. Took money from foolhearted naive individuals for a lawsuit that was hell bent to fail. Put themselves in positions(CAC) to skew data. Your friends, Denny, Chuck, etc etc, filled message boards pushing QDMA, Sunday hunting, and more under hidden identities.....some still on THIS board. Acting as an average Joe, spewing BS to mold minds to their liking. Banning anyone that dared question their agenda or motives. Lobby the capital, lying, deceiving, bribing and harassing legislators.

If the common man, hunter or non hunter, knew of their doings they'd be hung in public. The reason why they hide behind IDs, many times multiple. They will use anyone and anything to get what they want. Fortunately, some know who they are and what they do. And some folks have been lucky enough to be informed, through friends and politicians, of their actions. Most dont want to believe theyve been deceived by people who are supposed to be conservationists, true stewards of the land.

The deceivers wish you to believe theyve moved on, no longer involved in their mischievous endeavors. Some never forget.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I thought the dutchess was most convincing when he went to bat for the 2&3 year olds that had no voice of their own in allowing them to hunt spring gobblers with the rest of the big girls.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of phaggotry going on around here.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Are you bringing the voice of authority to the discussion or speaking only from your own personal experiences ?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Are you bringing the voice of authority to the discussion or speaking only from your own personal experiences ?

I was shocked to learn of the mancrush you have on Dutch.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I see you're a Justin Beiber fan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I see you're a Justin Beiber fan.

Better change your blade. It's not cutting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

You ladies are a HOOT!! laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LMMFAO!! I have never went rounds with you dooshmike on HPA, lying sack of schit!!!.....You gals are a special sort. Denny, now we have had a few. And by all means, let us have it "bushmaster" laugh

Last edited by pahick; 04/16/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

I never got the boot, and im still there. And HPA, I still have privileges. Brad, its no secret I dont like you or your hunny. I know youll see this, so I want you to know that you have no worries me having you clean my carpet...lol..nah seriously. I could post a lot of schit it would make your head spin. Bank on it bud! The piddly schit I posted earlier is nothing. Believe that.

Now, I didnt go there because of you, but Denny playing behind his screen name here again. I dont play. Hes phuggin scum and if him or anyone else thinks the same "Pretty sure you'd have a great time in the woods hunting with him? But I doubt he'd come back out again in the same shape he went in." theyre welcome to try. I can guarantee it wont go as planned for them.

As far as your past dealings, and those you associate(d) with, thats in the past and this is a new day. I am still very close with whats at hand. Kathy got it wrong years ago with Alloway and Moul, thats all ill say. I still know whats up and its all you personally need to know.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
?

Last edited by jimy; 04/16/19. Reason: There was [bleep] posted between

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
most of em I reckon by how passionate they are. just my .02

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
A little too much steel city for the Pa girls tonight. PAchick is in rare form.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A little too much steel city for the Pa girls tonight. PAchick is in rare form.

Hardly...I didnt get to the point I wanted to head to Lititz to kick anyones ass grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Please call me by my preferred name, dooshmike. Gosh I just love Stick! Hes so sweet...

OK dooshmike, err uhh, triggercreep, turning off your sig line isnt going to hide your identity...lol. You a sly one though, not laugh

D
D
I'm not sure what Brad Gehman,Kathy Davis,Denny Filmore or even the PFSC has to do with a saturday opener.I'm almost 100% sure that the PFSC or whatever their name is,was against a saturday opener.I personally don't give a royal flying crap whether the season starts on a saturday or a monday as far as my selfish,self centered interests go.My house is my camp so an earlier start will give me an extra day but unless if benefits more people than it hurts,I would be against it.The PGC did a small survey,showing 65% against and I personally feel it was kick right in the nads to most hunters,if in fact the survey was a reasonable cross section of what most hunters wanted.As far as sunday hunting goes,I've yet to see a rational argument as to why we can't hunt on sunday.Those taking the initiative to move that forward deserve credit my my opinion.I'm personally not motivated enough to really care much about that either,even though I feel it's a baseless law,

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Bottom line;
The Saturday opener was the backdoor to Sunday hunting in PA. The Commissioners know it, the PGC knows it, the DCNR knows it...Hunters didn't have a say but it's part of "the agenda". Gotta love the politics of PA hunting. Sunday hunting will be added in 2020 and the squeaky wheels will be greased. All will be happy, as the numbers of PA hunters continues to plummet.

Last edited by Barnstorm; 04/19/19.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've 'heard' that Sunday hunting might lead to dancing.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
So... "dancing's" a good thing Steel?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No Sunday hunting, whether only on public land or not, would be an absolute deal breaker for me.

I'd be moving ASA Modda Fück'n P.

That's just me though. Folks can have their "traditions".

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by T_Inman
No Sunday hunting, whether only on public land or not, would be an absolute deal breaker for me.

I'd be moving ASA Modda Fück'n P.

That's just me though. Folks can have their "traditions".

Well... there you are... we have that.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Barnstorm

Apparently not, ask the people of Bomont, Utah.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Originally Posted by Steelhead

Well fill me in on Bomont, Utah Steel....

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Google is your friend.

But if Sunday hunting happens in PA, the next thing you know there will be dancing. Before long that damned Rock n Roll music will take root.

It's a slippery slop.

Shalom.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Ahhh. Steel; Yep, got it... Lord knows where this will all end; We be "dancing"...Right? Wouldn't want to "change" anything.... But they did, and in a way that will alter the course of hunting in PA forever... But then, you don't really care about "tradition" ...Am I right?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I love tradition, but not for tradition's sake. Sheit's always changing, it's the way of the world.

Shouldn't matter what day deer season opens. Old guys can still get together on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, eat fish, drink whiskey and complain about arthritis and taxes.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Shouldn't... but it does for some. Those "some" just happen to be a majority of PA hunters... You don't give a rat's ass... but some do...So there you have it; a difference of opinion.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Shouldn't... but it does for some. Those "some" just happen to be a majority of PA hunters... You don't give a rat's ass... but some do...So there you have it; a difference of opinion.

Good to know you know what the majority want. Of course our country was not built on mob rules.

Enjoy your extra day of hunting, even if it is apparently one of the Seven Seals

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
The "majority" spoke, it's documented in the PGC poll... and were ignored Steel. "They" didn't want a Saturday opener nor Sunday huntin.... Not "mob rule". Yep I like your "twist"....And what... You be get'n religious on me. lol

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The "majority" spoke, it's documented in the PGC poll... and were ignored Steel. "they" didn't want a Saturday opener nor Sunday huntin.... Not "mod rule". And what... You be get'n religious on me. lol

EVERY hunter was polled? The poll don't mean much, if you want it to mean something have it go to a public vote.

Besides, the deer belong to the state, seems the king should decide what is best for his herd.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
LOL. You are special Steel... Does it take "every hunter" (100%) to make a poll valid? Does every US citizen take a political poll? Do your statistics Steel... And "the king"? Who is the King? lol. Oh, and this is Good Friday don't 'cha know... You still be get'n religious on me here... lol

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bout tired of this no Sunday hunting crap. I can go to the gas station fill my truck and buy a 6 pack, or go to the state store and buy a 5th of whiskey but I cant legally hunt with my kids. Wtf???

Bunch of fuggin puzzies anyways. Oh they gave us another day to hunt deer!! Good lord..

STAY THE HELL AT YOUR CAMP AND DO WHAT THE FUG YOU WANT!!

OR ARE YOU JUST AFRAID SOMEONE WILL SHOOT "YOUR" DEER ??

IF YOU DONT WANT THE SATURDAY OPENER DONT PHUGGING HUNT IT!! SIMPLE!!

Last edited by CBB; 04/19/19.

Hunt...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CBB
Bout tired of this no Sunday hunting crap. I can go to the gas station fill my truck and buy a 6 pack, or go to the state store and buy a 5th of whiskey but I cant legally hunt with my kids. Wtf???

Bunch of fuggin puzzies anyways. Oh they gave us another day to hunt deer!! Good lord..

Too simple. They're not going to be happy until everyone is as miserable and bitter about it as they are.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
LOL. You are special Steel... Does it take "every hunter" (100%) to make a poll valid? Does every US citizen take a political poll? Do your statistics Steel... And "the king"? Who is the King? lol. Oh, and this is Good Friday don't 'cha know... You still be get'n religious on me here... lol

Seriously? You're the jackwagon that stated the MAJORITY of PA Hunters. If there are 900,000 deer hunters and you poll 5000, is that the majority of PA hunters?

Once again, you can't stay on a single train of thought, perhaps you shouldn't own a gun, considering your dementia.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Well... You Steel don't know a damn thing about statistics... Again, do some homework. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. And yes, I am a bit crazy Steel; but do your homework and check the poll that the PGC/Com did... the majority didn't want a Saturday opener... And no, I shouldn't own a firearm... I'm a bit crazy... And you? Yep... lol

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by CBB

Too simple. They're not going to be happy until everyone is as miserable and bitter about it as they are.

Who is they? The 65% who didn't want the Saturday opener?

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by CBB

For the hearing impaired?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CBB

Who is they? The 65% who didn't want the Saturday opener?

I have no beef with anyone who didn't want the Saturday opener. I only take issue with the adult babies who are still crying about it.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
So... we have no voice? You wanted it. You got it. Those of us who didn't... Just shut up? Hardly. Take issue with the opposition maybe but they're not "cry babies", they're the majority voice of PA hunters.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So... we have no voice? You wanted it. You got it. Those of us who didn't... Just shut up? Hardly. Take issue with the opposition maybe but they're not "cry babies", they're the majority voice of PA hunters.

Should Hillary be President then? After all, the majority of people voted for her.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Point is, sometimes you do the right thing regardless of what the majority want.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Do you understand How a president is actually elected? Electoral... What?

Last edited by Barnstorm; 04/20/19.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Point is, sometimes you do the right thing regardless of what the majority want.

So... You just do what you want to do regardless because you can... for the "peoples sake"... Those in power know best... Sounds like... ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you understand the How a president is actually elected? Electoral... What?

Way better than you understood my point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So... You just do what you want to do regardless because you can... for the "peoples sake"... Those in power know best... Sounds like... ?

They say a large percentage of PA hunters are baby boomers. And they were mostly opposed to the Saturday opener. That means the hunting landscape will be changing drastically here within 15 years. So we're going to need some new blood in the ranks. This was an effort to achieve that.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B

So.... What's your point. Enlighten me...

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B

They say a large percentage of PA hunters are baby boomers. And they were mostly opposed to the Saturday opener. That means the hunting landscape will be changing drastically here within 15 years. So we're going to need some new blood in the ranks. This was an effort to achieve that.

"They say".... Well, then let's just kick these "Boomers" out the door.. Yep... let's just do that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It was about the majority not always getting their way. In this case a large percentage of those who oppose this are baby boomers. Should they be deciding the future of hunting when in 15 years it will be hard finding a boomer afield?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I’m not a baby boomer.

If only the right thing was a certainty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"They say".... Well, then let's just kick these "Boomers" out the door.. Yep... let's just do that.

Nobody needs kicked out of anything. But if folks over 55 years old are heavily against changes that might bode well for the future of hunting, how much consideration do we give that? They aren't the future of hunting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston

I’m not a baby boomer.

The right thing is not a certainty. This is an attempt but it might not work.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It was about the majority not always getting their way. In this case a large percentage of those who oppose this are baby boomers. Should they be deciding the future of hunting when in 15 years it will be hard finding a boomer afield?

I can’t imagine this is representative of the commissioners’ actual position.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have no way of knowing whether it is or isn't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I’m not a baby boomer.

The right thing is not a certainty. This is an attempt but it might not work.

To some extent, the Commission is inherently prescriptive.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I have no way of knowing whether it is or isn't.

Determining the preferences of today’s hunters proves challenge enough, let alone speculating what and how future generations are going to think and feel. To then justify policy based on said speculation is insane.

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by CBB

For the hearing impaired?

Yep

Hunt...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just read that for next year the PA Game Commision is proposing to move Good Friday to Monday.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Obviously the GC worded the poll question wrong. Should have been: "Are you in favor of an extra Saturday to hunt Deer?"

It probably would have passed 99%+ laugh

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
just checking. we still bitching over here? ok carry on.

My diploma is a DD214
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by battue
Obviously the GC worded the poll question wrong. Should have been: "Are you in favor of an extra Saturday to hunt Deer?"

Or maybe it should have read... "Are you willing to give up a day of small game/turkey after Thanksgiving" ... Deer hunters gained a day, small game hunters lost a day... Was a good day for family and sons and daughters to be together and just simply hunt small game after a day of Thanksgiving; no more... It's all about kill'n deer... have at me...

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by rem141r

Yep still "bitch'n"... gonna be that way for a while... Some just don't like the way we been screwed... go figure? ... And yes... we'll carry on ...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Or maybe it should have read... "Are you willing to give up a day of small game/turkey after Thanksgiving" ... Deer hunters gained a day, small game hunters lost a day... Was a good day for family and sons and daughters to be together and just simply hunt small game after a day of Thanksgiving; no more... It's all about kill'n deer... have at me...
Shyt, Pa. must be alot different than NY if anybody is worried about losing a day of small game hunting. I know tons of hunters here in NY and all anybody hunts anymore is Turkey and deer. I still do a fair bit of squrrel and rabbit hunting myself but I haven't run into another small game hunter afield in like 25 years. No antlers, no beards, no glory, ain't worth it, seems to be the attitude.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Shyt, Pa. must be alot different than NY if anybody is worried about losing a day of small game hunting. I know tons of hunters here in NY and all anybody hunts anymore is Turkey and deer. I still do a fair bit of squrrel and rabbit hunting myself but I haven't run into another small game hunter afield in like 25 years. No antlers, no beards, no glory, ain't worth it, seems to be the attitude.

Yep. That’s why there is exactly one thread in the small game forum. Pretty representative of the level of interest.

Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Small game is the gateway for young'ns to deer...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Used to be, not so sure anymore.

Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rem141r

Yep still "bitch'n"... gonna be that way for a while... Some just don't like the way we been screwed... go figure? ... And yes... we'll carry on ...

Brainstormer,

Does the PA deer season open on Monday?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Nope.. not anymore; And we be happy.... No?..

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (11point, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 55 invisible), 2,981 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.