Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Anyone here try Jagemann brass ? Found some for a decent price and thought I would give it a try.

Thanks in advance

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
HR IC

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I steered clear of it due to spotty reviews.

I bought some 6.5 Creedmoor Peterson brass to try (Hopefully soon, whenever OpticsPlanet finally gets the Forester sizing die I've been waiting for). frown

Starline has good prices and reviews. It may be worth a try. I bought some for my 260 Rem. Hopefully, i can keep the two separated by headstamp.

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 04/11/19.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
best brass made is Lapua brass ,i see no reason to use anything else unless your either P.dog shooting or varmint huntin.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For brass that you're likely to lose in the weeds, Hornady bulk brass has been good for me, after annealing it.

For any application where I want the good stuff, Alpha LRP is the one-stop shop, for me.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I like Hornady, cheap enough, good quality

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Alpha has no equal.

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by hanco
I like Hornady, cheap enough, good quality

In helping the Son in Law reload some once fired brass for his Ruger Precision I was surprised by the quality of the batch of Hornady 6.5 CM brass we worked with. We put the brass to an RCBS concentricity gauge and it said very good things. Zero banana brass here by my standards and was no need to sort either. Not match grade but pushing that direction IMO.

The price doesn't come close to representing the quality

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hornady brass is simply Dog Schit and now you "know" too.

Pass the Alpha and hold the fluff.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Alpha has no equal.

Hint..............

Sounds good, I’ll look for some.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It'll RUIN you.

Hint...............(grin)

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Anyone here try Jagemann brass ? Found some for a decent price and thought I would give it a try.

Thanks in advance

Funny thing. I just ordered 50 Jageman cases for my 6.5CM not five minutes ago. I have no idea what it's like. I only ordered it because I've never seen it before.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
For brass that you're likely to lose in the weeds, Hornady bulk brass has been good for me, after annealing it.

Ditto

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hint...........

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
6.5 prc available???

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
No, and they don't have stock for a lot of what they make now, since a lot of shooters are getting out of winter.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Alpha. Nothing I've tried comes close.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Peterson is fhuqking HILARIOUS though,in all fairness!

[Linked Image]

Hint.................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

For any application where I want the good stuff, Alpha LRP is the one-stop shop, for me.

I have not had issues with Hornady brass. If I was a hair splitter, maybe I would up the expense and try something else. I have gotten several loads out of brass and 1/2 moa, or less, for accuracy. For my purposes, the Hornady has served me well.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sbhooper

I have not had issues with Hornady brass. If I was a hair splitter, maybe I would up the expense and try something else. I have gotten several loads out of brass and 1/2 moa, or less, for accuracy. For my purposes, the Hornady has served me well.

^^^^ same here ^^^^

Easy to find, inexpensive, and sufficiently accurate in every rifle that I've shot it in.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I picked up a few creedmoor brass that someone dropped at the range. Had a little triangle with dots in the corners on the headstamps.

Took them home and looked them over and it looks like good stuff. Any idea who makes it?

I missed a bunch of shooting and loading last year and I'm a bit behind on stuff.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/21/19.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
647 members (1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 72 invisible), 2,936 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.