Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Popapi
Originally Posted by Puddle
Lilja will flute as low as a #4 barrel.

Correct I called Lilja on yesterday and that's 2what they said Krieger said #4 as well.

Yup, that's the way it is. It took a lot of discussion (most of it irrelevent) to get the information I related in the very first answer to this post. Four-contour.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

BP-B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
But wasn't it fun getting here?

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootinurse

To some folks, it's all about the journey and not the destination.

My concern was that the original poster, PopEye or whatever, would get terminally confused or make the wrong decision, based on a bunch of nonsense.

It IS irritating, for an old phart like me, to see a clear question, answer it totally/correctly, and then GREAT discussion about absolutely nothing follows. I guess that's the Internet!!!!!

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

P
Popapi Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by dogzapper
Originally Posted by shootinurse

To some folks, it's all about the journey and not the destination.

My concern was that the original poster, PopEye or whatever, would get terminally confused or make the wrong decision, based on a bunch of nonsense.

It IS irritating, for an old phart like me, to see a clear question, answer it totally/correctly, and then GREAT discussion about absolutely nothing follows. I guess that's the Internet!!!!!

Steve

DogSnapper take a chill pill it's ok just because you made a post that was probabaly correct it MAYBE or COULD HAVE been a barrel maker out there that would have fluted a 2, Mark Bansner flute 2's on his ultimate 1's and Mickey is fluting me a 2 lilja on my custom I know these Kats aren't barrel makers I was just trying to find a maker that did because I didn't won't to get the barrel then take it to a smith for fluting....chill out it ain't that serious I'm not gonna even mention Krieger Criterion fluting 1's on the UltraLites for Weatherby... O yeah it's not PopEye it's POPAPI......DIG?

P
Popapi Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
You might get someone other than a barrel maker to flute something skinnier- but the flutes won't be very deep!!!
Yes it's looking like that's what I'll do because I want the same contour on my Weatherby Super Predator Master in a 12 twist 2 contour and not 14 twist with the 2 contour for 22-250 I'm sure I MAY can get Steve Baldwin here in Ok. to do it if not then I'll just settle with what I got..

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The people on this site are so nice and considerate of each other. Nobody gets offended easily and we all welcome new posters with a warm hello.

Politicians and Diapers both need to be changed often, and for the same reason!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
188 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 15 invisible), 1,509 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,909
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.