Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I've never owned a Bansner stock but am planning on buying one. I see he is making and selling them again but I also see Legendary Arms Works sells them too. Does anyone know what the difference is? Is there a reason to go with one over the other? I believe buying from LAW will be a bit less expensive.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Might want to call Mark before you get too far down the road. I don’t think they are actually available yet. I suspect they will be worth the wait.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've lost track. Are those the Pacific Research/Rimrock/Borden stocks?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Might want to call Mark before you get too far down the road. I don’t think they are actually available yet. I suspect they will be worth the wait.

Originally Posted by Brazos
I've lost track. Are those the Pacific Research/Rimrock/Borden stocks?

No Borden’s different. It was high tech / bansner. Then law something if memory serves. I had just set up a industry account when the changes took place.

I’m interested in the answer if anyone knows the ops question I enjoyed the high tech stocks once law got Involved I lost track.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll save you from the rabbit hole that I fell into trying to unravel the same question that you're asking. Mark Bansner sold lightweight stocks and rifles at some point under the High Tech Specialties banner. At some point he partnered with Legendary and he did work under that label and they produced his stocks. When they parted ways, it looked like they ended up with his molds and his stock production. He is now getting his own stock production operation up and running though I haven't heard of anyone with one of his stocks yet. You can still get stocks from LAW, but I'd make sure you do your due diligence. There's a ton of stuff out there.

Last edited by ChrisF; 04/13/19.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ChrisF
I'll save you from the rabbit hole that I fell into trying to unravel the same question that you're asking. Mark Bansner sold lightweight stocks and rifles at some point under the High Tech Specialties banner. At some point he partnered with Legendary and he did work under that label and they produced his stocks. When they parted ways, it looked like they ended up with his molds and his stock production. He is now getting his own stock production operation up and running though I haven't heard of anyone with one of his stocks yet. You can still get stocks from LAW, but I'd make sure you do your due diligence. There's a ton of stuff out there.

This pretty much sums up what I've been able to discern. The "Bansner" stock is highly reviewed everywhere I read about it but you're right, there are a lot of mixed reviews on LAW out there as well. Seems odd the stock has the popularity it has given those reviews but maybe people are referring to the pre-LAW stocks. And then again, from what I've seen, those mixed reviews don't seem to be directed at the stocks themselves.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I had similar questions as i’ve read several reviews that recent LAW are pretty sloppy, with poor inletting and very rough mold lines. I had checked with Mark last year and it seemed most of his new stocks would be “ready at the end of the month”. I just checked with him again for a 70 short action and the response was the exact same “end of this month”. He’s asking about $100 for them vs LAW. Still haven’t heard of anyone getting a stock from him so i’ll probably wait until they are actually ready before ordering.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I spoke to him a few months ago and he told me they are making all new molds . The new stocks will have improvements over the previous models. I have always liked his stocks and I will wait until he starts making them.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I spoke to him a few months ago and he told me they are making all new molds . The new stocks will have improvements over the previous models. I have always liked his stocks and I will wait until he starts making them.

Good information thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have both the Bansner version and the Legendary arms version and can tell you there is no difference in the quality etc...... the Basner was purchased ten or so years ago and the Legendary maybe 6 months ago? at the time of the Legendary purchase the rumor mill was that Bansner was tooling up to build them again. I could find no contact info for Mark at the time but the Legendary web site still listed them.
I called them up talked to the owner and ordered a stock, it came within 8 weeks and the quality was as I remembered the old Bansner.....

Legendary...
[Linked Image]

Bansner.....

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any substantial difference in the ones on Howa Alpines?

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Irfubar, was the LAW inletted for 1 or 2 pc bottom metal?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KU_Geo,
It is a pre64 M70, two piece bottom metal

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I really like the Bansner stock on My Howa Alpine .243 win and i would love to have another one for My Howa .308 Win (if they aint too pricey that is).....Hb

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I ended up going with a LAW. I'm going to put a 1 inch Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad on it. Anyone know what size i.e. small, medium, or large is the best fit for these stocks?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by irfubar
I have both the Bansner version and the Legendary arms version and can tell you there is no difference in the quality etc...... the Basner was purchased ten or so years ago and the Legendary maybe 6 months ago? at the time of the Legendary purchase the rumor mill was that Bansner was tooling up to build them again. I could find no contact info for Mark at the time but the Legendary web site still listed them.
I called them up talked to the owner and ordered a stock, it came within 8 weeks and the quality was as I remembered the old Bansner.....

Legendary...
[Linked Image]

Bansner.....

[Linked Image]

info on the rifle with the Legendary? Looks sweet! I have no experience dealing with stocks, would it be a difficult endeavor to do the work myself?

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 62 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.