Print Thread
Hop To
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
When the Rifle World when for a [bleep]>> The custom went wild and gave you what you wanted!! As I see the custom is Dead !>> NO?

GB1

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Custom rifles come with wild cat CAL and that was the big thing and longer Barrels when the Man {RAG} said you need a short barrel like a 300 weth ! and most and most said NO WAY >> that's what got the custom going! Your Thoughts!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Ranting
Custom rifles come with wild cat CAL and that was the big thing and longer Barrels when the Man {RAG} said you need a short barrel like a 300 weth ! and most and most said NO WAY >> that's what got the custom going! Your Thoughts!

Back on your drugs and alcohol?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Back on your drugs and alcohol?

Maybe he's off the meds.

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Custom rifles still are needed for us lefties. Factory options are improving but still lacking.

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ejo
Custom rifles still are needed for us lefties. Factory options are improving but still lacking.

Agree...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Agree on the Lefty situation. I also have a hard time calling the synthetic stocked rifles true customs, although some of them do qualify.

I think there needs to be a breathalyzer activated shutdown function on all computers, but then mine would not work past about six O.clock a lot of the time.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

My thoughts are you're full of schit.

Got this in January 2018.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When the Rifle World when for a [bleep]>> The custom went wild and gave you what you wanted!! As I see the custom is Dead !>> NO?

it depends on the type of custom. The notion of taking a tired POS mauser and making it into some kind of amazing rifle, but still with a floppy loose bolt when you have it open, are dead. never got why people would put so much money and effort into an action that was loose and tired just to have a mauser. granted many of these guns are a thing of beauty.

precision accuracy is where customs come in, specific twists, chambers etc. Most gunsmiths don't even offer all the options a guy needs on this. If I am able to wait, the guy I prefer to use, throats the gun to a dummy round, and lets me spec my neck diameter. most smiths just run a reamer and whatever the reamer is that is what you get. Another thing is a lot of custom barrels don't really shoot all that much better either.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Depends on what you want.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
IC B3

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
As I see there is nothing left in custom other then smoke and mirrors! there is nothing new under the sun that has not been done !

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Name me on custom that lite the world on fire in the last year?

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

I have a 22 cz mag that can rip the same hole !> Iff I am up to it!! That's lighting up my world! Enjoy

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I should show you my custom >> when the custom where right in the world and the grass was green and you can build a Real custom RIFLE!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.