Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dooshmike,

You'd do well to take notes and apply same. Congratulations?!?

If I didn't cite it,avoid it.

Hint..........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My first dedicated varmint rig, back in the early 80's, was a sporterized LR Mauser in 220 Swift. It had a beautiful curly maple stock and a McGowen barrel and was sitting in the rack at my local gun store. Couple few cans of flat colored spray paint and it was ready for the woods. I loaded book value Sierra 55 grain bullets and went out and killed a bunch of coyotes with it. There's nothing magical about the Swift, but it does work very well. I wasn't looking for a Swift back then, but I sure liked the rifle it came in! It's good to put thought into all of it, but don't over think it, just get out and use whatever you decide on. Take care and best to you.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sadly...I suffered a Mouser in Swift,along with MK I's,Transitions,Mk II's and 700's. So I feel your pain. Congratulations?!?

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Dooshmike,

You'd do well to take notes and apply same. Congratulations?!?

If I didn't cite it,avoid it.

Hint..........

I haven't seen or even heard of a .22 Creedmoor except in your posts. For all I know it's some damn wildcat. I want stuff with some factory support.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What kind of factory support? The Swift gets very little these days.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dooshmike,

No need to reiterate your Cluelessness...as it goes without saying. Congratulations?!?

Copper Creek "only" offers (11) flavors of 224 Kreedmire ammo and now you can say you "know",which makes it a pretty Big Day for you.

224 Kreedmire Factory Ammo RINK

Hint...............

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This would be a really big day for me if only Copper Creek was "relevant" or even something I had ever heard of before.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dooshmike,

Your version of "means","abilities" and "comprehension",is THE most slippery of slopes. Congratulations?!?

Simply take notes and apply same.

Bless your heart.

Hint...............

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I can't apply it. The local Walmart doesn't carry Copper Creek. I just checked. They do have Remington Green box though but I didn't see any 22 Creedmoor in that. So I don't think it's a going thing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dooshmike,

The INCREDIBLY long list of things you cannot do,are never not funnier than fhuqk! Congratulations?!?

Quit trying to "think",because it ain't in the cards...simply take notes and apply same.

Hint...................

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

I did find this though! This is real. Not like that Copper Creek stuff you try to peddle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dooshmike,

An 18" 223 Krunchenticker will smoke same,with Factory Fodder. Congratulations?!?

As an aside,I do not sell.

Hint................

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You can't beat green box. It's the best. And I've seen 25-20's that could hang with a short barreled 223.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dooshmike,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Congratulations?!?

What you've "seen" in your "life",wouldn't knock 5 minutes outta a slow Wednesday afternoon.

Hint.................

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So I think we can agree the 220 Swift is way superior to this 22 Creed and other outliers of the same ilk.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
dooshmike,

You flatter yourself with "we",but your lofty Delusions are fhuqking HILARIOUS! Congratulations?!?

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute".

Bless your heart.

Hint..................

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I shot the barrels out of 4 Swifts on Rock Chucks, p. dogs, and Jack Rabbits, slow twist factory rifles.

As the accuracy demands got more stringent, investigating Swift brass quality became a night mare. Norma brass, CIP Europe Spec, is much different from American made brass(SAAMI) in Winchester and Remington. Web thickness is much different between CIP brass and SAAMI Brass. Then Neck thickness becomes a total night mare in thickness and taper. Brass flow into the neck on the swift is tremendous, along with constant case trimming on hot loads.

I got rid of all that goat rope by going to a 22/250 AI, sticking with American brass by reamer design, using a unithroater to throat according to bullet length needs. Using a Reamer that is made to SAAMI spec, then using Norma brass(CIP) will give you premature bolt click or premature pressure indications on heavy bolt lift. I have never trimmed the case length on a 22/250 AI..never...I have had a bunch of them.

Now, you can make life much simpler than the 22/250 AI by just going 22 Creed. Uniform brass in the Creed straight out of the box does away with a LOT of headaches, not to mention that COAL leaves a lot of room chasing throat geometry as the throat grows.

Speaking of throat geometry, IF you can learn to monitor doughnuts and deal with them, you can have shorter Freebore on a reamer.

If you are dead set on getting a custom Swift, then Choose your brass, Norma(CIP) or (SAAMI) Win or Rem brass, seat your particular bullet, send to JGS or Dave Manson and have a reamer ground on those specs. Tapered thickness on Swift brass necks can have you chasing your tail as brass hardness creates havoc creating flyers depending on the brass and chamber in the rifle. Huge dimensions in the factory Swift chambers are another goat roping.

22 Creed with proper throat geometry for your particular bullet choice will make for a honeymoon experience with your new barrel and load development.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She "shoots" as "much" as you...which never ain't not fhuqking hilarious! Congratulations?!?

Hint..................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am for any cartridge that spins out Big Stink...... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Urfubar,

Imitation is the most Sincere form of Flattery. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget",that you "can't read this"!

LAUGHING!

Hint..................

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 3,032 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.