Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Stag 8L piston system:

https://imgur.com/a/l8ArU1o

A little heavier than the basic impingement models, but not obnoxious. Not a great market and I paid too much at the time, but it’s distinctly mine!

Old Navy guy, happy grandad!
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Good looking rigs, BSA. Tell me about the one in the middle. Do you have any experience with side discharge uppers?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
One thing for sure, the Stags can shoot. I took my Varminter .223 to the range to sight in with some left over ammo loaded with Berger bullets. Had two different loads, both with different powders. Thought I would just use it up to sight in the scope. Both loads shot around .30-.35 at 100 yards. Came home from the range and listed my two Savage varmint rifles for sale.

Like all rifles it is easier to shoot the "opposite side" version from the bench. By this I mean a right handed bolt is easier for a lefty to bench because the loading port is easier to reach. I will gladly put up with a little inconvenience to insure nothing will come back and hit me in the face or eyes.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
All this talk is making me think I might need a LH Stag...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The stags do shoot well. If i were going to buy another lefty, id buy a stag again.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
RH forward assist is LH, too. Not that the thing is useful for much, but you can sure hit it with your LH thumb easily. Most of the time, you might as well have a slick side upper and not bother with forward assist. The one time I have used it is when quietly chambering a round.

The thing is that I have had varying success getting the bolt to go home over the round smoothly enough to be quiet, no matter how I do it. Either you get lucky or learn to tune the bolt. I have not completely learned yet!

I'm against side charging uppers as one of the benefits of the AR is that it can be a sealed system when carrying it around. This makes it extremely reliable.

'nother thing is I haven't decided if an ambi safety is the thing. Taking a RH safety off is about the same as the other to me. 45 degree ambi safeties with a short one of the off side seems best so far.

Building AR uppers is easier than lowers once you spend the $100 on tools.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Good looking rigs, BSA. Tell me about the one in the middle. Do you have any experience with side discharge uppers?

OSU, the one in the middle in the pic is my Noveske. It has a 20" 1 in 8 twist heavy/varmint stainless barrel. Everything on the upper is Noveske and built by Noveske.. The lower is also Noveske, but I built it. She's pretty sweet and a great shooter. I feel guilty though, as I don't shoot it much... It's a great rifle though, thanks for asking...
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All this talk is making me think I might need a LH Stag...

You do.

One of the two i have is the Varmint model. 6?
Bull barrel. It’s not light. But shoots great.

Other one is an 8 maybe. GndMtn was going out of biz.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Will a LH upper work with any standard lower?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Will a LH upper work with any standard lower?

Yes it will..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Is there a certain company you LH Stag users recommend to shop?

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
That is the cool part of an AR15 for me. Less than 2 minutes to change uppers to change chamberings. Also, did my first barrel swap a few weeks ago. Fairly simple if you pay attention.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is there a certain company you LH Stag users recommend to shop?

Also interested in this question....

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Looking at LH uppers less barrel, there was a mention of barrel lock up not being chamfer,d for LH bolt carrier ? And the need for a LH barrel extension?

So I want to use my existing barrel and handguard and change out my upper to LH and have bolt lock up work.

Last edited by kk alaska; 02/25/19.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I am left-handed and course grained enough that I do not put up with right hand guns unless absolutely necessary. I am a lifelong California resident and on July 1, 2016, our former governor, Jerry Brown, convinced me to buy two AR-15 rifles by signing a bill that outlawed sale of un-neutered AR-15 rifles. The next day I ordered two left-hand Stag Arms (3L and 6L). I am very happy with the way they shoot. I also like the hot brass going away from me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (219DW, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 62 invisible), 2,073 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,081
Posts18,463,897
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.