Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I am struggling to maintain vision of the reticle when on a target. I have followed the directions in the manual; but once I get on a target (even a white paper target at 50 yds), I lose sight of the the reticle. This is my first time with NF (this is also the nicest scope I have owned). I have never had this issue with any other scopes; just seems like the cross hairs are to thin/narrow? I assume I am doing something wrong.
Any thoughts / suggestions?
Thanks.

GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Yep. Eye piece still needs adjusting. The NXS line does not have a "quick adjust" diopter. It may take many turns to get the reticle clear ON the target. Make sure parallax is dialed out first ( if applicable), then adjust the eye piece.

My first NXS drove me nuts in the same way. Once someone helped me out, now the reticle looks like its painted on the target.

Hope this helps.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Final eye piece adjustment at 100 yards.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Deep_In_The_Rut
I am struggling to maintain vision of the reticle when on a target. I have followed the directions in the manual; but once I get on a target (even a white paper target at 50 yds), I lose sight of the the reticle. This is my first time with NF (this is also the nicest scope I have owned). I have never had this issue with any other scopes; just seems like the cross hairs are to thin/narrow? I assume I am doing something wrong.
Any thoughts / suggestions?
Thanks.

is the scope first focal plane?

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 04/15/19.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Second focal plane

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Mildot xhairs in my 2.5-10x24 are very thin. Absolutely love that scope, so clear and light and tough but if i could change anything about it i would make the reticle 50% thicker

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Cross
Mildot xhairs in my 2.5-10x24 are very thin. Absolutely love that scope, so clear and light and tough but if i could change anything about it i would make the reticle 50% thicker

Good to hear that you like the scope. I'm nervous about it; being that it cost a lot, I really want to like it!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the reticle should be the same as my 2.5-10x32, mildot, I personally have never had an issue with it, the battery has been dead on mine for years, never needed the illumination. sounds like the reticle is out of focus deep in the rut, aim it at the bright blue sky and adjust the rear eye piece until the reticle is the sharpest to your eyes.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can't speak to all versions of NF NXS models but I know the 2.5-10x42 is very touchy on focus, parallax, and power settings with regard to the clarity of the reticle and whatever is being viewed. It makes me angry to use it.

Originally Posted by Cross

I'm partial to bolder reticles. I really don't care for many of NF's reticles for the hunting I do. Their forceplex is about the best IMO.

I really want to like more of their scopes but I can't mix/match options available on certain ones to get what I'd like. The 3-10 SHV w/Forceplex and 1-8 NX8 fit my use the best but I'd still change a few things on each of them.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Your eye will compensate for it being a little out of focus. But it will eventually fatigue and not always maintain focus. To help get it right, view against a blank background, and open your eye and quickly evaluate if it’s in focus. Do not stare at it, very quick glance only. I know when focusing the diopter on a night vision device you turned it counter clockwise until it was blurry, then slowly clockwise just to the point it became clear (multiple adjustments quickly glancing each time). Any further and while it was still clear your eyes were having to accommodate resulting in eye fatigue and a headache. I think scopes go the same direction.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (338reddog, 673, 444Matt, 6MMWASP, 257robertsimp, 450yukon, 15 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 1,000 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,184
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.