Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
https://www.peninsulaclarion.com/ne...chorage-man-for-roadside-grouse-hunting/

YouTube videos lead to arrest of Anchorage man for roadside grouse hunting
Series of videos reportedly showed Xiong getting out of his vehicle and firing his shotgun 20 times

Suckers cut me off before I did a C&P.

Sounds Hmong... had an incident some years ago on the same road when Wildlife Troopers were running a sting.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Vietnamese down here really rape our Fisheries resources 😡

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/16/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There have been a couple big sweeps here over their complete disregard for hunting and fishing regulations.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They establish large camps up here in the fall.

We are getting grouse hunters from OK, KY and even Eastern Europe and most don't know what specie
of grouse they are ground sluicing......I've watched hunters shoot grouse and then ask me what they have just shot......
we got Sharptail limits reduced decades ago because of hunting
pressure in the Barley Project but F&G left Ruffed Grouse limits alone.......a new proposal has been submitted.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Too many times F/G is reactive instead of pro active.

And to many times the ones that abuse it all escape, and someone that has an honest mistake gets hammered.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rost495

And to many times the ones that abuse it all escape, and someone that has an honest mistake gets hammered.

Especially those with an honest mistake who self-report.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by rost495

Especially those with an honest mistake who self-report.

Hammering self-reporters is one of the biggest "cultural" errors the Courts have made. Disrespect for LEO and Courts is extremely widespread and everyone has a story about how badly an acquaintance was treated. Many years ago they claimed they were going to change that. It has not happened yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've run across quite a few of those Hmong while riding wheelers at Eureka, they don't give a s h i t about size or bag limits. We were riding a trail down Tyone Creek a few years back and there must have been 15-20 of them fishing for grayling, they kept every single fish they caught and had buckets full of them. I've also seen a large number of dead caribou laying near Monument that they had shot, cows, calves and small bulls, they just don't give a crap.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I've run across quite a few of those Hmong while riding wheelers at Eureka, they don't give a s h i t about size or bag limits. We were riding a trail down Tyone Creek a few years back and there must have been 15-20 of them fishing for grayling, they kept every single fish they caught and had buckets full of them. I've also seen a large number of dead caribou laying near Monument that they had shot, cows, calves and small bulls, they just don't give a crap.

It would not surprise me if it's some of the same people. The guy that was busted for shooting the grouse has a few caribou hunting videos of them shooting caribou in Eureka. I watched his video of the 2018 caribou hunt (if you want o call it that) a few months back. I figured it was just a matter of time before they told on themselves for doing something illegal. That being said, I've also met some Hmong out in that area hunting that was very nice and respectable as well.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VernAK

We are getting grouse hunters from OK, KY and even Eastern Europe and most don't know what specie
of grouse they are ground sluicing......I've watched hunters shoot grouse and then ask me what they have just shot......
pressure in the Barley Project but F&G left Ruffed Grouse limits alone.......a new proposal has been submitted.

I am glad I have a bunch of essentially virgin grouse woods to wander...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by VernAK

I am glad I have a bunch of essentially virgin grouse woods to wander...

Delta folks that want to hunt ruffed grouse now go to Manley. I hunted nearly 60 days last fall and saw one ruffed grouse and hit
that one in near dark with my truck.....

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My little spot has had no ruffed grouse from the early '80s until about six or so years ago. Suddenly they went from never to rare to common in just a few years.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,255
Posts18,467,016
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.