Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

2.) How many kids did you father before you hit 30?

Just one, but you’ll agree I’m different from the norm.

It’s the mindset of the women that’s different now, which is why the collective West is commiting demographic suicide.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
1.) Seek help.

I might if I had moved of my own free will into a neighborhood where they can charge you “thousands of dollars” and tow away your car over a flat tire in your driveway.

Sounds like a sort of Hell to me.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
1.) Seek help.

I might if I had moved of my own free will into a neighborhood where they can charge you “thousands of dollars” and tow away your car over a flat tire in your driveway.

Sounds like a sort of Hell to me.

I think you're starting to get it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We got a house down the street for sale.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw a guy with a battery powered bicycle. He had fabricated a very small trailer. In the trailer he had a very small generator to recharge his bicycle battery,

Harley is just trying to stay in business. The V-Twins just aren't selling enough to keep them in business.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
One of my favorite street bikes I've ridden was a buddies old BMW R90. Mid 70's I think. Just a cool old motorcycle. When ya hammer the throttle you can feel the bike rotate to one side from the inertia of the crank.

Harley does nothing for me. They look as bad as they did a decade or two, or three, ago. That Indian Scout is pretty cool though.

I like the idea of a lot of the smaller naked bikes. The little Husky's seem pretty cool. You may end up looking like Magilla Gorilla riding the thing though.

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/vitpilen/

Oh yeah. How much is that '97 Indian Scout worth now? Oh that's right. Not worth schit. They went out of business.. again. My '97 Heritage Springer is worth more now than it was the day I bought it.

Dream on , Harley bashers. Dream on. It's an American company that's been around since the turn of the century. Oh yeah, that other century.

Reminds me of a bunch of liberals talking about how America never was great.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
We got a house down the street for sale.

Hope the buyer's like retards and bicycle pumps and drive-by's and great families and streets that are dangerous until they're not depending on the conversation that day.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Reba
I saw a guy with a battery powered bicycle. He had fabricated a very small trailer. In the trailer he had a very small generator to recharge his bicycle battery,

Harley is just trying to stay in business. The V-Twins just aren't selling enough to keep them in business.

Uhhh...

What?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I believe Harley stills holds 50-60% of all big cruiser sales in the US.

They're not going away any time soon. Electric bikes or not.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by MadMooner
One of my favorite street bikes I've ridden was a buddies old BMW R90. Mid 70's I think. Just a cool old motorcycle. When ya hammer the throttle you can feel the bike rotate to one side from the inertia of the crank.

Harley does nothing for me. They look as bad as they did a decade or two, or three, ago. That Indian Scout is pretty cool though.

I like the idea of a lot of the smaller naked bikes. The little Husky's seem pretty cool. You may end up looking like Magilla Gorilla riding the thing though.

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/vitpilen/

Oh yeah. How much is that '97 Indian Scout worth now? Oh that's right. Not worth schit. They went out of business.. again. My '97 Heritage Springer is worth more now than it was the day I bought it.

Dream on , Harley bashers. Dream on. It's an American company that's been around since the turn of the century. Oh yeah, that other century.

Reminds me of a bunch of liberals talking about how America never was great.

What ‘97 Indian Scout are you talking about? Never even heard of one? Didn't see one posted?

Last edited by Dryfly24; 04/18/19.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I believe Harley stills holds 50-60% of all big cruiser sales in the US.

Yes, but that market is going away, the new generation is not buying them. Times are changing and Harley does to seek other markets.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by klondike_mike
There's no point in trying to sell a practical motorcycle because there is no practical reason to own a motorcycle. It's purely an emotional decision. Do you need a 1700 cc V-Twin motor to ride to work? Or a 1400 cc race bike with lights that will tickle if not surpass 200 mph? Of course not but if we were looking for sensible we'd all be driving Honda Civics. How boring would that be? I hope this new Harley tempts some young people to try a motorcycle and live a little.

They’ve been trying to sell “practical” motorcycles for a long time, since before the 650 Honda SilverWing at least. The latest attempt is the Bergman (??). Sales of these various incarnations have always been flat.

Exactly. When I worked in a motorcycle dealership back in the 80's we couldn't give away a KZ400. Probably the very definition of practical in the greater Boston area. Kawasaki would only let us order Ninja 900's and 600's if we ordered a quantity of KZ400's. How about the Honda Nighthawk 700? It was an inline 4 cylinder with hydraulic lifters, electronic ignition and shaft drive. Probably the most trouble free practical motorcycle of the era but a real slug on the sales floor while kids were lining up to buy Hurricanes. If a factory wants to sell bikes they have to realize that practical is the death knell and instead stir the customer's emotions. Harley needs to push the performance capabilities of electric bikes. I still hope it will draw in the younger riders but when people are shopping for a Harley they want a Huge Harley. If that wasn't the case the Kansas City Sportster factory would still be operating.

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The H-D Street 750 apparently sells really well in the Far East....

https://www.bookmotorcycletours.com/news/best-selling-motorcycles-2017

I’m thinking these are made in India.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OK, You got dirt bikes, sport bikes and image bikes.

The Harley rider is an image rider and is going the way of the dinosaur. Harley management knows this and is trying to find another market.

I am in Kalifornia and half the Harley dealerships of 20 years ago are out of business. There are all kinds of big V-Twins on used market for cheap as compared to a few years ago when all the rich urban duds wanted one, so they could dress up and play biker on the weekends. Their girlfriends looked hot in their shinny black chaps.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hope the buyer's like retards and bicycle pumps and drive-by's and great families and streets that are dangerous until they're not depending on the conversation that day.

Drive-by next door, drug sales doen the street and yet I don’t gotta lock my door or my car, and a kid from the next street graduated from college with an Engineering Degree.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, You got dirt bikes, sport bikes and image bikes.

The Harley rider is an image rider and is going the way of the dinosaur.

I’m living in the past, there’s always been the hard core, men and their women, who simply loved their Harley’s. More than an image, it’s a lifestyle.

I expect those people are still there.

I knew a few old guys back then that were Uber cool, nothing to prove, not violent, not criminal, no colors, just bikers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Example, compared to my '97 Harley Davidson.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Drive-by next door, drug sales doen the street and yet I don’t gotta lock my door or my car, and a kid from the next street graduated from college with an Engineering Degree.

LMFAO.

Try on somebody else man.

You and I both know you're a fugking liar.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yes, but that market is going away, the new generation is not buying them. Times are changing and Harley does to seek other markets.

Uhhh.

Ok.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you want to see what the H-D market is like,..stick one up on Craigslist.

Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
690 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,101 guests, and 1,437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.