Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I have a cz 455 with 22lr and 17hmr barrel. Both shoot very good. Just tired of switching barrels and want to go dedicated 17hmr. Mostly for plinking, occasional varmint control. Don’t mind varmint contour but sporter or mid weight preferred as prefer a rifle easy to carry

What’s the best thing going out there within reason
Cz 457, tikka, ruger 77, ruger American laminate or predator,Ruger precision, etc

Love stainless but not a necessity, spray paint if needs be lol

I don’t like savage rifles so that’s definitely out

Prefer threaded barrel to run my suppressor but a quick chop and thread at the Smith doesn’t scare me either to get down to 18” or so

What’s the recommendations from the guys out there shooting these rifles

Last edited by kevinJ; 04/17/19.
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I would suggest you add the new Tikka T1x to your list.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
It’s on the list of interests for sure. Do you own one? How does it perform ?

Any complaints?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Don't own one but others here do and they shoot very well. As a lefty, I try to stay with LH actions. I may violate my rule with the Tikka though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless they come out with a SS 457, I'd just look for a SS 455. Mine's a .22, but the trigger is quite nice. Cz has the SS barrels in stock now, but like you, I'm not a fan of the switch-barrel thing, so if I get one it'll be a semi-permanent swap.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Duh, the original. ruger 77/17. the rest are johnny-come-lately's.....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No brainer, you already got 17HMR CZ mags go with the CZ. If you didn't the M77 17HMR is also nice. I bought my CZ453 a long time ago HB in 22LR love that set trigger not a big fan of the backwards safety though. I tend not to cycle the action chambering a fresh rd until I'm sure to shoot again. Pappy 348 your old icons were much better. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i'd say CZ also. but, a tikka is on my short list also. look for you a dc'd CZ-452 in the hummer. i have a 452 american that will place (5) 17grain vmax's in 3/4"@100 yds most days.
Big Ed

Last edited by whitearrow; 04/17/19.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
1717 Annie can sometimes be found used. Great guns.

This one really likes CCI TNT ammo. One group, quarter MOA at a hundred.

DF

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bought one of the first Ruger 77/17s to enter the state of Oregon...

it was on the rack for less than 30 minutes... paid $459.00 for it That was list price when I bought it.

Its always been a very accurate rifle..... Stainless, Grey laminate stock, heavy barrel..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Are you set on bolt action rifle or interested in semi auto I love the Volquartsen semis in 17HMR very accurate faster follow-ups they have equaled bolt accuracy for many

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a CZ 457 American in 17HMR back in January. Absolutely love it. There is nothing on your list I would trade my 457 for.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If money were no object for me (in my dreams!), I'd look at an Alexander Arms AR.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
No brainer, you already got 17HMR CZ mags go with the CZ. If you didn't the M77 17HMR is also nice. I bought my CZ453 a long time ago HB in 22LR love that set trigger not a big fan of the backwards safety though. I tend not to cycle the action chambering a fresh rd until I'm sure to shoot again. Pappy 348 your old icons were much better. MB

Been thinking of a switch, but getting them to "take" is a real crapshoot. If I do, be assured it'll be a Chinese or Korean lass, as Yellow Fever is apparently a lifelong condition. I'll try to find one where legs figure prominently!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If money were no object for me (in my dreams!), I'd look at an Alexander Arms AR.

If I were to go really nuts, then a Cooper would be at the top of the list. Doubt it would shoot or function any better than the CZ 457, but they sure are sweet.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Duh, the original. ruger 77/17. the rest are johnny-come-lately's.....

Originally Posted by Seafire
Bought one of the first Ruger 77/17s to enter the state of Oregon...

it was on the rack for less than 30 minutes... paid $459.00 for it That was list price when I bought it.

Its always been a very accurate rifle..... Stainless, Grey laminate stock, heavy barrel..

These answers. I have a Ruger 77/17, "target gray", laminated stock. I worked over the trigger and had my B-I-L shorten the barrel to 20 inches (Bullberry's data shows the MV decreasing after ... 18-19 inches). It's wearing an older Leupold VX II 4-12X at the moment.

It's among the best feeling rifles I've ever owned. Just fits me well.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I like my Savage heavy barrel.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Been thinking of a switch, but getting them to "take" is a real crapshoot. If I do, be assured it'll be a Chinese or Korean lass, as Yellow Fever is apparently a lifelong condition. I'll try to find one where legs figure prominently!

Sounds good, say while back I was watching that "shuffle dance video" on Shrapnel's Big Stick dig thread and got to wandering around. Them Chinese gals group shuffle dancing in mini skirts is some charming. Maybe you should give that a look see. MB lol

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Another CZ.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

What fresh Hell is this?
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Tight chambers

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a T1x. Very, very accurate and smooth. I'm very happy with it.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
CZ m457...

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I’m not opposed to semis but don’t have gophers, prairie dogs, or any varmints in great number hear in east TN. So bolt truly works well.

Switching the gun over to 17 from 22 is really pretty quick, just kinda prefer a dedicated gun. Will keep the 17hmr barrel I have which is a 18” threaded sporter and possibly put it on a cz scout for one of my 3 kids.

I don’t baby doll guns, so cooper is out( I would wreck it and they ain’t cheap)

The 77, cz 457, and tikka would need a chop and thread to a more loving length. 18” I like in 17hmr. So that’s really a wash

I thought 457 was nitride finish? So stainless really a improvement?

Local shop has a ruger American predator they would take 270$ for. Just not sure the quality and accuracy? Plus they feel cheap to me.

Browning T-bolt? Any love

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Browning T-bolt?

WMR, not HMR. Newer one, not the older version.

I like this one, like the mags. Spare fits in the rifle butt.. With one in the gun, 20 rounds ready to go.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DF, It's obvious you've been reading Rantings work. he always says the 22mg.(whatever the fugg the mg. is...) is superior to the .177 hmr. The only thing the .177hmr is good for(according to Ranting) is popping paper and shooting fruits.... It is VERY <<intro>>!

***<<<ENJOY>>>***!!!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by huntsman22
DF, It's obvious you've been reading Rantings work. he always says the 22mg.(whatever the fugg the mg. is...) is superior to the .177 hmr. The only thing the .177hmr is good for(according to Ranting) is popping paper and shooting fruits.... It is VERY <<intro>>!

***<<<ENJOY>>>***!!!

Not a Ranting fan... wink

Those rounds each have their attributes. The WMR hits harder with more bullet.

The HMR is generally more accurate and stretches the range a bit. A FMJ .17 bullet will kill a hog, BTDT. Ranting can add hogs to his "paper and fruit list".

.22 Mag probably a better hog round, I still use FMJ bullets.

Of course, I'm comparing my WMR T-Bolt with my HMR Annie. Probably not a fair side by side for accuracy. T-Bolt is a very handy and light packing around rifle, Annie for more deliberate, precise shooting.

IMO.

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
...Browning T-bolt? Any love

I have the LH versions of the 3 rimfire calibers of T-bolts. Nice, light and point well. As Dirtfarmer says, not as accurate as an Anschutz but not the same cost either. I've used my 17 HMR on a prairie dog town with great success out to 230 yards.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All good choices. Probably couldn’t go wrong with either. Not into the looks of the Ruger precision personally so I would go CZ or tikka I think. Ruger has the best magazine hands down and that laminate American is short stubby and threaded.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

I have the LH versions of the 3 rimfire calibers of T-bolts. Nice, light and point well. As Dirtfarmer says, not as accurate as an Anschutz but not the same cost either. I've used my 17 HMR on a prairie dog town with great success out to 230 yards.

You have the newer or older versions?

DF

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
They do make the American laminate target in stainless also which looks nice. Do any of you own or shoot the American in 17hmr?

I have only handled a ranch 300 blk and never even considered the rugers much. I used to want a 223 but the mag length issue changed my mind. Haven’t found anyone selling mods for mags so gonna pass that opportunity unless I do

Back to rimfires, I was excited when I saw Norma had 17 hmr ammo, till I found out it is most likely just relabeled cci and probably not any better than what’s currently available. Oh well

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They do make the American laminate target in stainless also which looks nice. Do any of you own or shoot the American in 17hmr?

I have only handled a ranch 300 blk and never even considered the rugers much. I used to want a 223 but the mag length issue changed my mind. Haven’t found anyone selling mods for mags so gonna pass that opportunity unless I do

Back to rimfires, I was excited when I saw Norma had 17 hmr ammo, till I found out it is most likely just relabeled cci and probably not any better than what’s currently available. Oh well

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

My 22LR is the Belgian made. The 17 HMR and 22 Mag are new versions. I also took my 22LR new version and rebarreled it to 17 Mach II.
the 17 HMR is the target model, the others are the shorter models, all walnut stocked.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 04/18/19.

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
So stick with CZ I guess. Not many people chiming in for the tikka or ruger American

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If I were going to buy a new 17 HMR today, I would buy the Tikka.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Savage.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

My 22LR is the Belgian made. The 17 HMR and 22 Mag are new versions. I also took my 22LR new version and rebarreled it to 17 Mach II.
the 17 HMR is the target model, the others are the shorter models, all walnut stocked.

What's your impression, new version vs. the old, Belgium one?

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The new model is a bit trimmer and the helix magazine is a real plus. Shooting either one well is easy. The new model has an adjustable trigger although I've not attempted to mess with it. I also like the scope mounting possibilities on the new model. I'm using Warne 2 piece bases and have had no issues. The old model has a lot of romance associated with it, being made in Belgium but I can't say it shoots any better than the new models.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My own choice, not particularly precision oriented, is the Steyr labeled - Action: Straight-Pull, Olympic Style (Made by ISSC) - Cub Scout, currently available from CDNN in .22 rimfire, 22 mag and 17 HMR.

A straight pull toggle bolt like the Browning T Bolt or one of the Russian biathlon rifles. 20 inch threaded barrel and 10 shot magazine. Extra magazines at about $20.

Not yet fired and I have no idea about handling beyond knowing that it is light and handy and no idea at all about accuracy. Rail for a forward mount scope and Weaver style bases for a receiver mount scope. First time to the range I plan to use a lever type quick detachable Leupold forward mount scope off my Steyr Scout in .308.

Mostly because at CDNN it's half the price of a heavier wood stocked bolt action and because I do have a Steyr Scout and Dragoon and like those very much so an understudy is welcome.

If somebody else were paying then sure Anschutz or Cooper or another fine rifle would be nicer and much appreciated as a gift.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Kevinj: I own both models of heavy barrel Rugers Rifles in 17 HMR.
I absolutely LOVE them both!
Like Seafire, I bought the first 17 HMR Rifle I saw in Montana - it is the stainless finish (not matte gray!) heavy barrel Ruger 77/17 V/T.
It has shot wonderfully well from day one (back in early 2,003!).
The other Ruger heavy barrel model I have and love is the Ruger American Varmint (in 17 HMR).
I have had this Rifle for over 2 seasons now and it is a handy, accurate and very reliable small game and Varmint Rifle.
I won't venture a guess as to which of these is the most accurate as I seldom shoot them at the range - once sighted in and trajectories verified, they have been dedicated as Varmint and small game guns.
The Ruger 77/17 V/T with Weaver V-16 (4 to 16 power variable) shot a 5 shot group at 100 yards measuring .502" back in May of 2,003!
That IS outstanding accuracy (Remington ammo).
My Ruger American Varmint in 17 HMR also has a Weaver V-16 on it and it is a pleasure to shoot in every respect.
The shorter heavy barrel (18") and the significant savings over a Ruger 77/17 V/T is the ONLY reason I would recommend the Ruger American Varmint over the Ruger 77/17 VT.
I have other guns in 17 HMR but the Ruger rotary, flush fitting magazine and correct American style safeties (as opposed the the bassackwards CZ's) are the main reasons I won't critique any of them for you.
Go with the Ruger American Varmint or the Ruger 77/17 V/T.
Best of luck to you with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I love my 452... I don't fool with the safe very much, but it has never been a problem.. Never could warm up to Ruger rifles.. Had a few, but all have gone down the road but one.. My pick would be the older 452, but it may not be what you like..

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Salvage,

LAUGHING!

Hint..............

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I just installed a Boyd's Pro Target stock on Savage A17. CCI Green is giving 3/4" groups at 100. This is with a less that crisp trigger pull. The A17 has a lot of potential and fun to shoot. I would like to find a better trigger. My Savage model 93 is slightly more accurate due to better trigger. I do find both guns sensitive to ammo. All of the ammo (CCI, Hornady, Winchester) I have tried functioned properly. Accuracy is where the group sizes at 100 yds varied by as much as 1 1/ 2 ".
I might add the A22 22lr by Savage prefers CCI 40 gr Target ammo followed by Remington Golden Bullets. Mini Mag ammo shows the best groups in higher velocity bullets.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I am a bit reluctant to recommend the Ruger American Rimfire in 17 HMR but I have put about 200 rounds through one and it has been flawless. The one I have is the base model in the black synthetic stock, I just adjusted the trigger a bit lighter, snugged the stock screws down somewhere between very snug and farmer-tight and it is shooting Hornady 17 gr ammo inside of one-inch at 100 yds (in calm conditions).

My reluctance for recommending is that brotherand I both had the same rifles in 22 LR and neither could be counted on to keep 5 in one-inch at 50 yds, and that included multiple brands of ammo from plinking grade through mid-level match. I suspect with the RAR it is a case of "luck of the draw".

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

BMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a RAR .17 HMR four years ago and have shot hundreds of rounds through it. I got the trigger adjusted to 2 lbs., 15 oz. and a Bushnell Trophy 4-12x with adjustable objective mounted. It'll shoot 10 rounds into an inch at 100 yards on a calm day, with 17 gr. V-Max being the most accurate. I've been very pleased with this rifle, especially for the price of around $250.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have several 17HMRs. Some are factory specs from Anschutz, Marlin, and Savage. Some are parts guns. The Anschutz, like every other Anschutz that I've ever owned, is very accurate, in an almost boringly consistent sort of way, with its preferred ammo, but it is not significantly more accurate than the Marlin and Savage rifles.

If the Anschutz fits your budget, buy the Anschutz.

If the Anschutz is beyond your current budget, either wait/save until you can afford the Anschutz or buy a stainless/laminated Marlin 917VS. There is currently a 917VS with the barrel cut back and threaded for a suppressor on GB with a starting bid of $350. You can usually find the 917V, blued with a hardwood stock, for under $250.

I've had around 20 rifles chambered in 17HMR and only 1 wasn't capable of shooting MOA at 100 yards with its preferred ammo. That rifle was a Savage 93R17F that I rebarreled with a reworked GM 77/17 barrel and installed in a pink Savage laminated stock.

Even the light/sporter contour barreled 917 and 917S are MOA capable with their preferred ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had the 1717, Cooper 57M Classic and the 452 American.

The 1717 was the most accurate, the Cooper fit the best by far.

Buying one today, I would look hard at the new Tikka.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
If we had more varmint shooting opportunities around me I wouldnt hesitate to invest in a Annie or cooper. Unfortunately we don’t, this was mainly just because I like the 17hmr and rimfires. Plus the dead air mask suppressor makes you wanna buy more things to shoot suppressed.

Guess I’m gonna get Cz or tikka at this point. Ruger American just to many problems I have read about with accuracy.

Plus the CZ I can upgrade barrels down road if I chose to. And I already have a extra 22lr and 17hmr barrel for the CZ. Might get it in 22magnum and then I will have the ability to run any of the three.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've had a Ruger 77/17 since they first came out and have no complaints.

One option not mentioned yet is the Steyr Zephyr II.

At first I was a bit disappointed in the light color of the stock, but once I shot it I was hooked. It groups a bit better than the old Ruger
and handles better in the field IMHO and I happen to like the Euro look.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I bought an early Marlin 17V in 2002, and it's been a keeper. I've also owned a Savage and a 455 in HMR, and that old Marlin outshot both of those rifles. I still have it, and it averages 5/8" at 100 yards with the original Hornady 17 VMax load. The Marlin doesn't like the 20 gr. loads at all, the Savage shot everything "fairly well", but nothing as good as that Marlin shot the 17VMaxes. The 455 was the combo gun, and it never shot anything particularly well, but it favored the 20gr. load.

Based on that limited experience, I'd say look up a Marlin, save a wad of money, and have a rifle that shoots as well as any of the others, and better than most. I think I paid $220 for that Marlin in '02.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That 77/17 in the classifieds

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Funny you don't want a Savage. Both of my Savage 17s shoot lights out. One is a semi auto A17 sporter, the other is a heavy barreled stainless 93R17. I wouldn't trade either one for a CZ. My buddy has a CZ that is a problem child...... To each their own....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bsa1917hunter: Indeed I have been admiring the accuracy of savage Rifles for decades now - both rimfire and centerfire.
I have shot numerous models of both centerfire and rimfire savages both afield and at the range and again am impressed with most all of them, accuracy wise.
BUT... the horrific cheapness and disgusting styling by the folks at savage actually often makes me ill!
I have never owned a modern (newer than 1950'ish) savage and more than likely never will!
savage puts the cheap and gaudy in cheap and gaudy guns!
PERIOD!
Like your examples demonstrate they often do indeed shoot well though.
Life is just to short to own and take afield ugly, cheap, gaudy guns - epitomized by savage!
I own wonderfully accurate rimfires produced by Ruger, Remington, Winchester, Anschutz, Kimber, Marlin (39's!), Browning, Sako and Weatherby - and each and every one of them are pleasingly styled and built with care and quality components.
But again, I have never and will never own a savage. It seems to me that the only thing that savage rimfire Rifles have going for them is accuracy and that is important, but does not outweigh (in my opinion) their clunkiness, awkwardness and unsightliness.
To each there own I always say - enjoy your savage.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I know savage makes accurate rimfires, they just do not appeal to me and I know I would find myself unhappy with it no matter how well it shoots. Which would mean I would probably give it to my best friend( did this once before with a 22lr). So no offense but not a savage fan

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bsa1917hunter: Indeed I have been admiring the accuracy of savage Rifles for decades now - both rimfire and centerfire.
I have shot numerous models of both centerfire and rimfire savages both afield and at the range and again am impressed with most all of them, accuracy wise.
BUT... the horrific cheapness and disgusting styling by the folks at savage actually often makes me ill!
I have never owned a modern (newer than 1950'ish) savage and more than likely never will!
savage puts the cheap and gaudy in cheap and gaudy guns!
PERIOD!
Like your examples demonstrate they often do indeed shoot well though.
Life is just to short to own and take afield ugly, cheap, gaudy guns - epitomized by savage!
I own wonderfully accurate rimfires produced by Ruger, Remington, Winchester, Anschutz, Kimber, Marlin (39's!), Browning, Sako and Weatherby - and each and every one of them are pleasingly styled and built with care and quality components.
But again, I have never and will never own a savage. It seems to me that the only thing that savage rimfire Rifles have going for them is accuracy and that is important, but does not outweigh (in my opinion) their clunkiness, awkwardness and unsightliness.
To each there own I always say - enjoy your savage.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

This !

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
My Savage is high dollar compared to the other one I just got. Picked it up and liked the feel. RB17 $159

[Linked Image]

B17G, full size, though I have found no clunks. Carry-on.
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
336 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 35 invisible), 2,008 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.