Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Know some Gentlemen from the South that I sometimes hang with, and they chase Deer with a pack of mixed breed Dogs.

Are they civilized? Are they really Southern gentlemen?
I’m surprised they invite me to hunt with them. Me being a Yankee and all. Odd from what you would gather from some Johnnies on here.

Last edited by battue; 04/17/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by battue
Know some Gentlemen from the South that I sometimes hang with, and they chase Deer with a pack of mixed breed Dogs.

Are they civilized? Are they really Southern gentlemen?
I’m surprised they invite me to hunt with them. Me being a Yankee and all. Odd from what you would gather from some Johnnies on here.

I am no proponent of dog hunting but I will not criticize it. Mixed breed dogs, they must be real necks. Nothing wrong with Yankees I was one for 27 years, your just being a douchebag plain and simple.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The vast majority of the Deer I kill have been between 10am and 3pm while mainly just walking around and trying to catch them out. From scouting I know they are around somewhere in the relative vicinity and for the most part I find them rather then hoping they find me. Damn Yankee that I am. 😇😇😇😇

Have shot some in the evening in a corn or alfalfa field, even while perched. One deadly perch sits in the middle of native grass.

Is one method more civilized than the other?

Yes on your unlimited SGL you can probably roam around , not encumbered by fences and property lines or livestock. 10 to mid afternoon is a good time to find bucks cruising, is this something you just learned recently?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They would be Virginia Gentlemen with their own farms and not farmettes. If they are “necks” then you should be so blessed. Me also.

They got most of what anyone needs and then some, but they don’t try to trump others with the elite card. Like you just did with the “necks” put down.

I’m fairly certain they would look at you as a “Yankee”.

Congrats?😕

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They would be Virginia Gentlemen with their own farms and not farmettes. If they are “necks” then you should be so blessed. Me also.

They got most of what anyone needs and then some, but they don’t try to trump others with the elite card. Like you just did with the “necks” put down.

I’m fairly certain they would look at you as a “Yankee”.

Congrats?😕

LOL

It's all about how Battue hunts, everyone else is wrong . This is your quote , doesn't that smack of northern elitism?
Odd from what you would gather from some Johnnies on here.
. What exactly does that mean?

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
We have fun with each other re the N/S. Since I’m not all that big one calls me a piss ant Yankee. I return the compliment by calling him a goofy looking lanky rebel. Get it. I doubt it but I’ll give you the chance.

You start the N/S deal in earnest and either side will tell you to stick the MD line up your ass.

Get it????

Little doubt, you would be a Yankee, and little doubt there would be more than enough room.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
We have fun with each other re the N/S. Since I’m not all that big one calls me a piss ant Yankee. I return the compliment by calling him a goofy looking lanky rebel. Get it. I doubt it but I’ll give you the chance.

You start the N/S deal in earnest and either side will tell you to stick the MD line up your ass.

Get it????

Little doubt, you would be a Yankee.

There is little doubt that you started with the insults. What could have been a good thread went to chitt .

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Your buddy Jwall started the Yankee insults.There is more than enough room with him also. That’s the trouble with the likes of him. They start the crap, you joined in with him, neither one expecting or liking a come back.

I’ve made my point and with both of your help it wasn’t difficult.

I’ll leave you be from here, Yank.
Happy hunting.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mr. Battue:

How do you boys hunt? Stands? Move around? All day, or morning and evening?

I have NOT been in a deer 'stand' since 2011. I still hunt on 70 acres -- not 1000s of acres. I've killed deer Early, Mid Day, & Late.
**GRANTED** here in the South, a lot of land belongs to Timber co.s, so LEASING is common. I've been a member of at least 3 diff
deer leases. There you don't have the option of 'still hunting' because of other members and stands. You don't know who is where at any given time. I certainly killed my share of WT from stands on leases.

A neighbor identified me to his young daughter as: "he's the one who's always hanging deer behind his house."
He joined that lease ! ! Wonder why ?

Hey Yank ! smile

..... Me being a Yankee and all. Odd from what you would gather from some Johnnies on here.

This plate has been on the front of my truck for 2 years. Pardon me for not washing the truck before hand.

[Linked Image]

You can call me Johnny Reb anytime. I'm not offended.

Hank Jr said it quite well,

" If heaven's not a lot like Dixie, I don't want to go "

"Just send me to hell or N Y C , it'd be about the same to me". EDIT: correct lyrics

"I've got a shotgun, rifle, and 4 wheel drive, A Country Boy can survive."

I'm not offended being called "a johnny", like you are being called " yank "

NOW, I'll extend an 'olive branch'. I apologize for offending you, sincerely.

I can go on and exchange pleasantries with you. We've had many friendly discussions in the past. I prefer that.

Johnny Reb, aka Jerry grin

Last edited by jwall; 04/18/19.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Feeders have been legal here for years. If you don't feed and your neighbors do you won't see many deer. It is just where hunting is going. You can sit and listen to the neighbors shoot the deer you want or you can compete.

Or you can ban feeding deer. It is illegal to feed deer where I hunt. Supposedly it is about the spread of disease but it might be to stop poachers too. If you get caught hunting over bait in Pennsylvania* or Vermont, you get fine and your license suspended.

*A few urban/suburban areas in PA with limited hunter access allow baiting. Otherwise, the deer would stay inaccessible and the population would not be able to be controlled.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jwall
Mr. Battue:

How do you boys hunt? Stands? Move around? All day, or morning and evening?

I have NOT been in a deer 'stand' since 2011. I still hunt on 70 acres -- not 1000s of acres. I've killed deer Early, Mid Day, & Late.
**GRANTED** here in the South, a lot of land belongs to Timber co.s, so LEASING is common. I've been a member of at least 3 diff
deer leases. There you don't have the option of 'still hunting' because of other members and stands. You don't know who is where at any given time. I certainly killed my share of WT from stands on leases.

A neighbor identified me to his young daughter as: "he's the one who's always hanging deer behind his house."
He joined that lease ! ! Wonder why ?

Hey Yank ! smile

..... Me being a Yankee and all. Odd from what you would gather from some Johnnies on here.

This plate has been on the front of my truck for 2 years. Pardon me for not washing the truck before hand.

[Linked Image]

You can call me Johnny Reb anytime. I'm not offended.

Hank Jr said it quite well,

" If heaven's not a lot like Dixie, I don't want to go "

"If heaven's like N Y C, just send me to hell, it'd be about the same to me".

"I've got a shotgun, rifle, and 4 wheel drive, A Country Boy can survive."

I'm not offended being called "a johnny", like you are being called " yank "

NOW, I'll extend an 'olive branch'. I apologize for offending you, sincerely.

I can go on and exchange pleasantries with you. We've had many friendly discussions in the past. I prefer that.

Johnny Reb, aka Jerry grin

Jerry,

You are being entirely too nice

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
O E H

Thanks but I'd rather be nice. Obviously I won't be battered around needlessly. I RE read all of the thread PER our discussions.
As I said earlier, There are other things I could have said but I opted not to go there. They would have only inflamed the situation.

Overall these forums and threads are interesting, fun, and informational. IMO there is too much UNCALLED for verbal abuse.
We CAN agree to disagree -- pleasantly.

I'd rather be know as Nice as a Curmudgeon or WORSE ! ! !

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You didn’t offend me in the slightest. However, it became necessary to point out you did start the N/S insults.

Remember, I’ve been called a piss ant Yankee by die hard Southerners who I consider friends. You think being called Yank by an internet poster I barely know offends me. Think again. You started the insults, all I did was put it in the proper perspective.

You can wrap yourself in the Confederate flag and sit in front of the fireplace and sing Dixie and it is fine with me.

Now if the two of you want to hold hands and tell each other how nice you are, that is fine with me also.

Happy hunting

Last edited by battue; 04/18/19.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mr. Battue

I'm on record: I apologize to you.
We can be friendly........it's up to you.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Jerry,
No need to apologize, you didn’t offend me. Neither has OEH for that matter. I can see how I offended him, but we look at that differently. However, your gesture is appreciated, acknowledged and accepted. Thanks.

Harry

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thank you. I appreciate that too.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Jerry, Harry let's put this one to rest. Ed

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Done !

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
👍

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
526 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,401,021
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.