Campfire Tracker
Won one of these at a raffle last week.

Anyone have one of these ?

Thoughts ?

Advice ?

Pro's ?

Con's ?

Last edited by Owl; 04/17/19.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I have a Mosberg ATR, the predecessor to it in .270 Win.

Never work up a load for it, just using the old standby and it prints 3/4" groups at 100 yards.
All I've done if free float the barrel.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Owl Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thank you.

Dennisinaz is headed out this evening on an unrelated event.

Said he'd put a few rounds through it too see what it will do.

As for an extra "standby" or "loaner", I have plenty already.

If it shoots, I think that I'm going to give it to my little brother.

If it doesn't shoot, I think it's headed down the road.

Anyone else ? Anyone ? Bueller ?

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have a 4x4 in 30-06 with a wood stock. I mounted a Meopro 3.5-10x 44mm scope on it. It shoots almost everything I feed it accurately. I like the 24" fluted barrel. The bolt is a little stiff. I like the stock on it. Felt recoil is less that my .270 Maverick.

I do need to take the bolt apart and clean it. I had a light primer strike shooting at a deer in January. Fortunately the deer wasn't spooked and I was able to chamber another round and get the job done. I switched ammo and shot another deer 30 mins later with no problem. It was the only time I had that happen with that rifle but want to make sure it isn't a problem going forward.

I really like the rifle.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Raffle rifle, nevermind, disregard my previous comment.

If youve got other rifles, (more than you need) yeah- I would send it down the road.

IC B2

Owl Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
It's your rifle man. Shouldn't you be exercising your own 'feel' to it if you're going to call it a "standby" rifle? And if you've got plenty already and will send it down the road before even firing it, then why did you even acquire it?

I have more CF rifles than I can shake a stick at. Dennis is a much better marksman than me. If he can get it to "shoot", then I know it's a keeper.

I don't need another safe Queen. The reason for the inquiry is that my younger brother wants a CF rifle. Has never had one. If it shoots,
I'm going to give it to him.

Would you give your brother a rifle that shoots Sub 6" groups ? or Sub moa ?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The only rifle that I can't group better than with the 4x4 is my Sako L691 300 Wby. .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff, I hope the rifle shoots and your brother enjoys it.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Owl Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thank you Mr. Randy.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,851
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.