Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#13756456 04/19/19
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
HB 62

The 20th anniversary of the Columbine High School massacre is Saturday.

I hoped, when it happened, that a tragedy like that would never occur again. Instead, we’ve seen one mass shooting after another, and the threat of gun violence at schools has become something that school personnel, students and parents worry about every day.
[Police, firefighters team up to prepare for SWAT situations]

Many young people can’t even remember a time when this wasn’t true. But I remember. It doesn’t have to be like this. We can enact reasonable gun laws that help prevent guns from getting into the hands of people who shouldn’t have them.

House Bill 62, currently pending before the Alaska Legislature, is that type of reasonable gun law. It would authorize courts to issue Gun Violence Protective Orders, allowing temporary removal of guns when there is an elevated risk that a person will use a gun to harm themselves or others.

These laws make a significant difference in preventing deaths by suicide. A law like this might also have prevented the Parkland school shooting. So far, 15 states and the District of Columbia have passed similar Extreme Risk Protection Order or red flag laws.

Please contact your legislators and ask them to pass HB 62. It’s one step we can take to build a better world for our children and grandchildren.
Ann Gifford,
Juneau

https://www.juneauempire.com/letter...er-states-in-passing-reasonable-gun-laws

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Please contact your legislators and ask them to pass HB 62. It’s one step we can take to build a better world for our children and grandchildren.

For the children, so that's a good thing.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WRONG! The main reason these mass shootings occur in the first place is due to out of control Marxist political correctness – specifically the shuttering of mental health institutions and psychiatric hospitals nationwide, which has resulted in a deluge of mentally unstable people in every city and almost on every street corner. The very term “Common Sense Gun Control” is offensive and presumes dimwitted Americans need to be lectured and taught like children.

These “Red Flag” laws are blatantly unconstitutional and deny Americans their Constitutionally guaranteed right to due process and their 4th Amendment rights. These laws are nothing more than an excuse to disarm Americans, while circumventing their Constitutional rights and is a “solution” to a problem which was caused by the very people (idiot liberals) who created the problem(s) in the first place. These laws are yet another stepping stone in an all-out effort to reach the Marxists’ real goal – totally disarming the AMERICAN PUBLIC. Who gets to set the standard for these laws? Who ensures that law-abiding citizens aren’t targeted by some lunatic leftist neighbor with a grudge against Conservatives? Who will guarantee that these red flag laws aren’t abused? I’ll tell you who – NO ONE! That is the point of these laws: to incrementally disarm those that are deemed a danger – a danger against the Progressive Machine and the globalist agenda. These laws have nothing whatever to do with protecting our children or the American Public – WAKE THE F*CK UP AMERICA!

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/19/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No such thing as reasonable gun laws.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Nope. Restrictions on an inalienable right preclude it from being a right and reduce it to an act of magnanimity by the “state”.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Nope. Restrictions on an inalienable right preclude it from being a right and reduce it to an act of magnanimity by the “state”.

You mean like Constitutional Carry and such? Or doesn't your State trust you enough for that yet?

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
This law recently passed in NY. all someone has to do is call the police and say they think someone might do harm. AUTOMATIC taking of all guns then occurs. No legal process. Can you imagine the abuse this will cause by people screwing with others. Nope, not reasonable.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I thought dog whistles were silent?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
This law will assume you are “guilty” until you hire a lawyer and prove otherwise before a judge in court. Your child drawing a picture of you hunting with a gun can be deemed “scary” by a teacher and reason to take your guns. Several of the 15 states you mention are also attempting to outlaw gun raffles as fund raisers fro fire companies for instance because some one will illegally get a gun. They are also trying to ban any contest where animals are harvested......think fishing derbies, squirrel hunting contests, biggest deer contest etc because “ they promote scary guns” . Be very careful what you wish for.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'm against animal harvest contests (including record books) as a rule, but not for that reason.

Last edited by las; 04/20/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by High_Noon
WRONG! The main reason these mass shootings occur in the first place is due to out of control Marxist political correctness – specifically the shuttering of mental health institutions and psychiatric hospitals nationwide, which has resulted in a deluge of mentally unstable people in every city and almost on every street corner. The very term “Common Sense Gun Control” is offensive and presumes dimwitted Americans need to be lectured and taught like children.

These “Red Flag” laws are blatantly unconstitutional and deny Americans their Constitutionally guaranteed right to due process and their 4th Amendment rights. These laws are nothing more than an excuse to disarm Americans, while circumventing their Constitutional rights and is a “solution” to a problem which was caused by the very people (idiot liberals) who created the problem(s) in the first place. These laws are yet another stepping stone in an all-out effort to reach the Marxists’ real goal – totally disarming the AMERICAN PUBLIC. Who gets to set the standard for these laws? Who ensures that law-abiding citizens aren’t targeted by some lunatic leftist neighbor with a grudge against Conservatives? Who will guarantee that these red flag laws aren’t abused? I’ll tell you who – NO ONE! That is the point of these laws: to incrementally disarm those that are deemed a danger – a danger against the Progressive Machine and the globalist agenda. These laws have nothing whatever to do with protecting our children or the American Public – WAKE THE F*CK UP AMERICA!

PC has little to do with it. Half are probably committed by people under the legal age to buy a firearm. So the mental hospital angle is just blather. I agree with the dimwitted forum members comment.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The mental hospital angel is definitely not blather. Take a look at Seattle or any other large, progressive run (or otherwise) city, where you can find mentally disturbed people on almost every street corner. These people commit crimes with impunity and law enforcement is powerless to do anything about it. If these mentally disturbed people are arrested, they're back on the street in a day, if not within hours. Sure, a lot of the problem is due to idiotic liberal policies that have decriminalized theft, drug use, etc., but the closure of mental institutions has resulted in these offenders simply being turned loose - there's nowhere to house them so that they can get the medication and treatment that they need. This is direct result of PC/liberal policy.

And if you're calling me dimwitted, then you can GFY.

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/20/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by High_Noon
The mental hospital angel is definitely not blather. Take a look at Seattle or any other large, progressive run city, where you can find mentally disturbed people on almost every street corner. These people commit crimes with impunity and law enforcement s powerless to do anything about it. If these mentally disturbed people are arrested, they're back on the street in a day, if not within hours. Sure, a lot of the problem is due to idiotic liberal mandates that have decriminalized theft, drug use, etc., but the closure of mental institutions has resulted in these offenders simply being turned loose - there's nowhere to house them so that they can get the medication and treatment that they need. This is direct result of PC/liberal policy.

And if you're calling me dimwitted, then you can GFY.

None of that has jack [bleep] to do with what was said anywhere in this thread, except by you.

School shootings and gun violence were the topic of discussion, till you started blathering.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually, Clydesdale, HB 62 was the original topic of discussion, which promotes Red Flag laws and advocates for “reasonable gun laws” as a means to prevent mass-shootings.

My discussion takes the premise of these laws, including the entire premise of the OP, and draws direct conclusions regarding the series of circumstances that led to these laws in the first place. In following this reasoning, we can logically draw the following conclusions:

1) Most mass shootings are committed by mentally unstable people.
2) There are many more mentally unstable people on the streets now, than prior to the liberal policies which resulted in the closure of mental institutions.
3) More mentally unstable people with very little to no means or obtaining treatment results in more shooting incidents by unstable individuals.
4) The sudden onset of these “Red Flag” laws is a direct result of problems caused by liberal policy.
5) Red Flag laws are unconstitutional and deprive Americans of Due Process and their 4th Amendment rights.

I can probably correctly presume that the OP posted the information in an effort to start a discussion regarding the proposed legislation. My posts have done just that.

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/20/19.

- Del Gue
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
High noon
Were all better off by just not responding to the mental midget with deep-seated anger issues.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
High noon
Were all better off by just not responding to the mental midget with deep-seated anger issues.

Duly noted.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
High noon

Had you been born "half-cocked Clyde" you would be just as angry.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wow, you are brilliant. Mass shooters are mentally unstable. Profound statement.

How many of the mass/school shooters were street bums that social health care would have saved? How many were denied mental health care because of PC bullshit? It’s two separate issues there [bleep].

So you are blaming liberal policies, but social mental hospitals would solve it. You need to be committed.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Clydesdale
Wow, you are brilliant. Mass shooters are mentally unstable. Profound statement.

How many of the mass/school shooters were street bums that social health care would have saved? How many were denied mental health care because of PC bullshit? It’s two separate issues there [bleep].

So you are blaming liberal policies, but social mental hospitals would solve it. You need to be committed.

In short, you think feces and blood ARE lubricants

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Clydesdale

In short, you think feces and blood ARE lubricants

If they work for you keep using them. No one else gives a [bleep].

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.