Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
lawnman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Hey guys looking for a good flyfishing guide/outfitter for some trout fishing. I posted in the fishing section short while back about going on a musky trip and I might have changed my tune to a flyfish trip. Looking to do this next year for my 50th birthday. Live in Florida so want to go west and get the whole experience. Want to do 3 days or so. Any recommendations?

A man's got to know his limitations!
GB2

L
lawnman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Oh I guess to just doing quick research that some western areas still dealing with snow melt and not prime fishing conditions in the month of April yet looks like

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Are you looking for just a guide or lodging and guide?

Eagles Nest in Hardin Montana is pretty nice and the guide I had there was outstanding. They fish the Big Horn River.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So many options and different water it would be tempting to just travel and spend a couple days at several places. I did fish with these folks 3 years ago for just two days and had a really nice time. https://tetonvalleylodge.com It was late Sept and the fishing was OK but not super hot. I expect in late June through Aug it's great

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
What I did in your situation was to contact Jack Dennis's fly shop in Jackson Wyoming to have them provide a guide to fish the Snake River north of Jackson. Then I went to West Yellowstone Montana and had a guide arranged thru Bud Lilly's fly shop and Fished the Madison River. Both shops hooked me up with great guides. My guide for the Madison River was Dave Williams and he was one of the best I have ever fished with. Dave is gone now but these fly shops typically have a good group of guides they work with.

Now in my case I also fished on my own on the Green River just north of Pinedale WY and the Firehole and Yellowstone in the Park.

So I guess I would suggest where ever you go to just contact a local fly shop for their guide recommendations.

Last edited by VaHunter; 04/23/19.
IC B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Easy!

Missouri River, MT with Headhunters Fly Shop
Big Hole River, MT with Al Lefor of Great Divide Outfitters
Henry’s Fork, ID with Trout Hunter
South Fork of the Flathead, MT with Trapper Badovinac of Lazy J Bar O Outfitters (this would be an EPIC adventure!)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Duranglers in Durango, CO

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A float trip down the Middle Fork of the Salmon is epic. Not monsters but in the fall you will catch a million cutthroat. I did it with Middle Fork Adventures I believe. I did the cast and blast. Great fishing the birds were hit or miss as I thought they were providing dogs, but nope. Still fun and I think I shot 6 or 7 birds on the trip. Great food and the guides were top notch then but it was going back more then several years ago.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I also had a great time Fishing the Conejos River. But I found a local small part-time guide and I don't have his card with me. He was a great guy and loved to tell jokes.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Check out the Bighorn Fly Shop in Sheridan, Wy... They fish all over Wy. and Mt..

Molon Labe
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We are headed out with these folks this summer. They came well recommended and they are close to our place in Idaho so an easy run for us.

https://fishmontana.com/

Conduct is the best proof of character.
L
lawnman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
EDM, that looks like a great fishing outfit. Just looked at there website. What type of trip you doing? Rivers fished and lodging? Thx

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Did a single day float trip out of Jackson while on a Yellowstone, Cody, Tetons trip.

https://www.reeldealanglers.com

We did a float on the Green River in mid-June; the river was running pretty fast at that time of year from snow melt, but had a good time ripping streamers for browns. Very nice young man was my guide; but I forget his name. Did not see another person the entire float. Caught a bunch of these:

[Linked Image]

L
lawnman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Got in touch with an outfit today and had great conversation. Swan valley outfitters/Salmon fork outfitters. Owned by same folks I believe. Talked to the gentleman about a horse pack in and fly fish into the Bob Marshall wilderness. 5 days total. 3 days guided fishing. Not a raft trip. Kinda pricey but maybe what I'm looking for. Gonna do little more research. Thx for all replies

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by lawnman
EDM, that looks like a great fishing outfit. Just looked at there website. What type of trip you doing? Rivers fished and lodging? Thx

We are fishing the Kootenai River for three days and staying in one of their cabins in Yaak. We will cook our own meals. They are about ninety 90 minutes from our place in Idaho.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Got in touch with an outfit today and had great conversation. Swan valley outfitters/Salmon fork outfitters. Owned by same folks I believe. Talked to the gentleman about a horse pack in and fly fish into the Bob Marshall wilderness. 5 days total. 3 days guided fishing. Not a raft trip. Kinda pricey but maybe what I'm looking for. Gonna do little more research. Thx for all replies

If nothing else you will LOVE the BOB!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Kelly Galloup's Slide Inn Cameron Montana top shelf

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EdM

We are fishing the Kootenai River for three days and staying in one of their cabins in Yaak. We will cook our own meals. They are about ninety 90 minutes from our place in Idaho.

That river holds nice trout

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by EdM

That river holds nice trout

That's what I hear. We head north on Wednesday thru end of August. Can't wait.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Drive to Ennis Montana, get out the car downtown, and head to a pub in any direction. No wrong choices.

As the GPS would say: "Proceed to the route"... smile

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Drive to Ennis Montana, get out the car downtown, and head to a pub in any direction. No wrong choices.

As the GPS would say: "Proceed to the route"... smile

Hard to go wrong in Ennis.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Frazier Outfitting

Here at Frazier, we love to hunt, ride, fish, and enjoy this beautiful country any way we can...but what we love the most is meeting fun and interesting people from every corner of the world. These guys were so great to work with, and took away a fantastic bull and some amazing memories!!!

Andrew Longuski recommends Frazier Outfitting.
23 September at 14:14
Frazier Outfitting is the real deal! The experience and effort they put into your hunt is second to none! They are simply a class act. Dick, M.J, Jake and Chris worked harder than we could have ever imagined. We cannot adequately describe their welcoming personalities, their horsemanship, work ethic, or knowledge. Thank you to Team Frazier Andy, Eric, Nathan, Scott and John.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
https://frazieroutfitting.com/

The owners are great friends that NEVER disappoint!.....Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
228 members (257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 34 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.