Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I know there are better options. But I did not want to drill and tap and it is only a 243. Not worried about recoil problems. I have used the same mount on a 600 in 350 mag with no troubles.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The XP 100DD 1 piecer smokes it,if forced to suffer 3 fasteners. Recoil is but a single facet of puking a STD rear................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I sipped the Talley LW KoolAid and like the results. Am at 7.1 pounds now. D&T on the kitchen table went smooth. Have posted in the gunsmithing forum in that regard. These Talleys are Low and the scope, as mounted, lines up perfect with my eye, a great fit that I look forward to getting out in the field. Will likely use this M8 4x long-tube scope on a long action and get a shorter one, when I can, for the SEVEN. OT
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Pretty sure Conetrol still makes a 1 piece base. Conetrol is second to none.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never was a fan and would greedily take Posilign DD's in an XP 1piecer,over it.

Hell...I'd prolly even mechanically center windage and pad ele...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
what 2 piece dual dovetail....not the std with the windage screws would fit a rem 600...i know i will have to d&t the 4th hole but is not a problem....just dont like the windage screws
Thanks
Al

"When it's over I want to hit the ground like a spent shell"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not enough room on the rear base to allow for a DD two piece. Talley LW's work. DNZ one piece works. Both are light.

Now with even more aplomb
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
For actions with only three base screws it's hard to beat the DNZ mount. They're light & strong.

[Linked Image]

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
They're light & strong and UGLY as sin

[Linked Image]

Fixed it for ya wink

Life is just one damned thing after another
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thank you. laugh

I used one set of Talley LWs and I thought they were as ugly and didn't like how I had to crank in way too much windage. I changed to Burris Zee rings and a Warne one piece base on the same rifle and the windage went to the other side but only slightly off center. The Talleys are sleek compared to the DNZ but the LWs aren't for me. YMMV wink

One man's pearl is another man's turd. crazy

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Option 1) Talley Lightweights (Model 7)

Option 2) Leupold 1pc. Dual Dovetail base (XP-100)

Option 3) Ken Farrell Picatinny/Weaver base (XP-100)

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

http://www.kenfarrell.com/scan/st=d.../se=Scope%20Mount/op=eq.html?id=puYszgv6

"Then join in hand, brave Americans all!.....By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall"
C
C
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am having this same issue and I was wondering if anyone has used a Ken Farrell XP-100 base on a 600? I'm assuming the holes will line up just concerned about the extended front clearing the raised recoil lug on a 600? Another option is the EGW HD Rem 7/XP-100 base.

Any help would be appreciated.

Conor

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scorpion
I'm in need of some new rings/bases for both a 600 Mohawk as well as my XP-100, and I'm pretty sure they both use the same, though I could be wrong. Does Talley make a set of lightweights for these actions? If they do, I must've missed it. If they don't, what's the next best option? I'm looking for a 2 piece mount, not a 1 piece.

Thanks!

don't know about the lightweights but I do know they'll take their 600/660/model 7 one piece mount, cut it, machine it & reblue it at no extra charge. They did mine for my XP100 recently and it looks great.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Just to add another option, but the Gentry steel, two piece bases work if one D&T's a second hole for the rear base. They are steel, and they weigh 2.8 ozs. I've had them on my custom 660 for several years now. They hold up fine even if the rifle gets knocked around pretty hard.
I didn't like the one piece bases. They are heavy and partially block the loading port. E

C
C
Found this:

Murphy Precision

It's a bit more expensive but i've read reviews on other forums about them and apparently their work is flawless and extremely precise. Their 600/XP-100 base only runs the length of the receiver so there is no issue with it clearing the recoil lug on a 600. I emailed him to find this out and he even offered to custom machine one with an extended front which would clear the lug if i wanted more mounting room. Titanium is an option as well. Price wise may not be an option for everyone but I don't mind paying for quality so I think i'll go for one of these in titanium.

CT

C
C
I understand some people won't like them and prefer two piece bases etc but I was looking for a picatinny rail as it gives you a wide range of mounting options and i'm a fan of burris signature rings (Weaver style) so this base is perfect for me.

S
S
Old thread but I'd like to revive it. Is there a new and old type M7?

Be very careful what you say about a man's wife and kids, but be damn careful what you say about a man's bird dog!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Old ones only had one scope base hole behind the action port, while newer ones have two holes. As a result, most people use a one-piece base on the old ones, to avoid the predicament of a rear 2pc base being held on with just the one screw. A gunsmith can always drill and tap another hole on an older model.

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Conetrol [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

424 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,982
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.