24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My echo trimmer and blower start 100% of the time on the second pull. The way you load new line into the head is worth the cost of admission alone.

BP-B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rem shooter: "Honda" is the answer to the question you should be asking (whats the best trimmer for the money, easiest starting, most dependable, best harness, easiest to string, longest lasting, best performing etc etc etc!)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have two Stihl chainsaws and a Stihl weed eater. Next one will be Echo.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
RoundUp is better than both of them.

I got 6 foot wide yellow patches of dead grass along all my fences and down my entrance road.

Life is good

Ahhh, good ol Roundup... Haven't gotten around to contacting those lawyers on TV yet. Still breathing and not blind so maybe I'm alright.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Stihl or Echo both good. My echo chainsaw is over 30 yrs old and going strong. Stihl weed trimmer about 25 yrs old.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I had an Echo Extended reach(10') hedge trimmer with a articulating head that I used for 12 years trimming over 400' of cedar hedgerow, both sides and the top. The thing ran like a top all those years, and I sold it with the house when we left. Buy the Echo!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a Troybuilt that I'm very happy with. Around $150 or so, electric start (using a power drill), and I've got a leaf blower attachment and a tiller attachment. I use it pretty hard, and got no complaints. I use Startron fuel additive to combat the damn ethanol gas.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have an Echo SRM 3100 weed eater that is well over 35 years old and still running, its my brush blade weed eater.

Also have a Stihl FS-130 (my second one, first one blew up after about 5 years, dropped valve through the piston) that I use most of them time now, its a brute.

Can't go wrong with either one.

NEVER GIVE UP
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Echo is want the lawn services use over here. see them on there rigs all the time. I have the Echo weed eater / brush cutter and the brush cutter is king for busting trials in the swamp. I have the Echo pole saw too, they both start every time.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Rem shooter: "Honda" is the answer to the question you should be asking (whats the best trimmer for the money, easiest starting, most dependable, best harness, easiest to string, longest lasting, best performing etc etc etc!)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I run string trimmers a couple hundred hours most summers at work.Had a Honda Honda might be the answer for a lot of things but its not the answer for trimmers slow throttle response have to warm up I gave the one I had away.I would say Echo or Stihl I like Echo better another thing about a Honda you better have a very good pair of gloves if you run one for a couple hours your hand will sting for a long time.Funny thing is the dealer who I bought my Echo from knew that when I said I was replacing a Honda first thing he said was makes your hand numb don't it?

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I have the Echo Lithium-Ion battery trimmer and it's a beast.

My next trimmer and mower.

You won't be disappointed, Ed.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Echo. Don't overlook shindaiwa either.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Echo. Don't overlook shindaiwa either.

Echo and Shindaiwa share technology. I have a Shindaiwa set up for cutting weeds or brush and the 22 cc Echo set up for string trimming. The 5 year homeowner warranty on the Echo is a deal maker. Homelite sells on former reputation at the big box stores and is only a shell of its former self.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I’m all for high powered internal combustion engines, when needed, but for a 60x90 lot, the lithium battery jobs are the ticket. Don’t have to mess with fuel. Quiet. Hell, you can weedeat at sunrise and the neighbors won’t care. Get one that shares batteries with a blower, and you’re really set.

It’s not about having the “best tool”, it’s about having the “best tool for the job”. No real need for a high-powered gas model, unless that’s just your thing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
710 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,956 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,495
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.