Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the High Priests at NASA have a fine line to walk. i believe they'll walk it as long as possible. when changes come, we'll hear about it on major network news at 6 pm.

until then, they'll hold the line as best as they can. so far, so good.

GB1

bcp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by bcp

That's some wild stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Definitely fast moving.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
It is incredibly nieve and ethnocentric to believe that, with the 100s of billions of other planets out there, that we are simply alone. There are over 100 Billion galaxies observable and 300 some billion stars per galaxy. To say that there isn't any way feasible for another intelligent, and far more advanced society to ours is simply inane.

I can't say that I have any evidence of flying whatever...but the numbers are just far too vast to cast off the possibility of other creatures out there. I believe it is feasible for some to be able to travel and collect data...but I could just be a kook!

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
the DOD isnt rushing to ID it because its ours.

Experimental aircraft, monitoring, drones, etc come from experimental projects.

ever thought maybe its not really there, either? Just becaus it shows up on a screen doesnt mean its real. It'd be just as nice a hack to make stuff not look there when it is, than to make [bleep] look like its there when its not.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It's amusing how we instantly identify unidentified objects. Doubly so when we conclude that anything we can't explain gets explained as space aliens.

Four out of five jackwads in this country carry a cell phone camera that takes crystal clear stills and movies. Yet, the alleged photos and vids of these these are always blurry, out-of-focus, and shaky.

The guy that helped blow up the space shuttle is calling smart phone users "jackwads"

No wonder you can barely negotiate a flip phone

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
It is incredibly nieve and ethnocentric to believe that, with the 100s of billions of other planets out there, that we are simply alone. There are over 100 Billion galaxies observable and 300 some billion stars per galaxy. To say that there isn't any way feasible for another intelligent, and far more advanced society to ours is simply inane.

I can't say that I have any evidence of flying whatever...but the numbers are just far too vast to cast off the possibility of other creatures out there. I believe it is feasible for some to be able to travel and collect data...but I could just be a kook!

I have no problem with the idea that other intelligent species evolved in other solar systems. But those species have not evolved concurrently.

When you consider the age of each system in the universe, and the hundreds of millions of light years distance across the universe. You can eliminate the vast majority of the universe from the possibility of having life forms which could visit Earth.

Remember that we are not seeing the stars in the sky today. We are seeing the stars at the time the light left that star. The pictures we take with the Hubbard Telescope are actually, in most cases, millions and millions of years old. Even the pictures of stars on the edge of our own galaxy are 50,000 years old.

This solar system is estimated at five billion years old. Of those five billion years, man crawled out of the caves about 6000 to 8000 years ago. We actually have had a recognizable mechanized society for about 100 years.

100 years out of 5 billion, that is less than a blink on the geological time scale. And how long before Man either pushes himself to extinction, or at least back into the caves to start over? Maybe another 100 to 200 years? Perhaps 1000 years with some luck?

Our own galaxy is over 100,000 light years across with an estimated 100 to 400 billion stars in it.

So, really, what are the odds that another mechanized society exists at this point in time, and that they can make a journey of 50,000 years, and that they will stumble across our humble little planet among all the billions of other planets out there? And the chance that we have detected absolutely no trace of these voyagers or their communications with all of the radio telescopes aimed at the heavens?

But then, I do not buy lottery tickets either.

It is not like you can just sail west until you run into another continent which spans the width of the globe.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

366 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 37 invisible), 1,918 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,655
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.