Print Thread
Hop To
S
SBTCO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S

Would appreciate some insight/opinion of an article I've found, here: https://www.xyz.net.au/nelson-mandela-terrorist/
From what little I've learned about Nelson Mandela and the ANC the article appears to be correct in its content but wanted to hear from those who were/are there.

This request is based on my sons' experience today in his "history" class where they discussed NM and the Apartheid government. During the discussion my son mentioned that NM was considered a terrorist which set the teacher off(yes, she's of the liberal bent) and so she cut the discussion short and moved on. I doubt that there will be any retribution directed towards my son but wanted to get our ducks in a row regardless and thought the article above was a good start.

So set me straight, is the above article a reliable enough source of SA history. No? what better source would you recommend?

Thanks for taking the time.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have several good friends who are South Africans, both English and Afrikaans. What they told me about Mandela and the ANC lined up exactly with the article! He was a Commie! The ANC have always been violent thugs. They bragged that they would "convince people" of their ideology "with their necklaces". What they called their "Necklaces" was to wrap a mans arms to his sides with barb wire, force an old tire down around his shoulders, fill it with gasoline and then light it! Yes Sir!, "fine bunch of Freedom Fighters"...When he got in office he "opened the borders" to everyone. When I visited in '96, Joberg had 17 million people in it! The homeless "immigrants" were everywhere, burning old tires for warmth, so their were black plumes of smoke all over. At that time, unemployment for a white male was around 55%. Slightly better for white women. Incompetents were running the show...and it was looney tunes time! During Apartheid ( which I agree has some bad people in certain places) the economy of SA was booming, people "wanted to come to Sa for work"! After Mandela...many people left, many want to leave and can't, AIDs is rampant...a fine mess.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 04/17/19.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Can't recommend any articles but from personal experience in 1987 Mandelas boys set up a car bomb in my motel and damn near got me. I would say without hesitation his rise to power came through terrorism. The bomb BTW was 56 kilos of Semtex..provided by the Soviet Union, so not only was he a terrorist but a communist.
This was in Windhoek Namibia, as they were struggling with a 10 year plus war for their " Independence"... Went back ten years later and asked how it all shaked out...seems they were a sister nation with RSA and RSA intelligence told them to hang on just a bit longer if they could...With the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1990 came a lack of funding, support, arms etc to the ANC....

Coincidence?

I think not.

The USA makes some kind of social Icon out of Mandela, but he was nothing but a terrorist and a communist.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Amen!

S
SBTCO Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks for the comments, gentlemen.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Slop floppies!

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Not from RSA or Union of SA, but my memory is about the same as the article. And MLK was not a saint either, but after death is. I get you don't speak ill of the dead, but you don't re-write history either.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The winner writes the history. The ANC won, Mandela became a saint instead of a simple terrorist.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Yes, Nelson Mandela was a terrorist. Since then he has been deified because he was fighting and was then imprisoned by one of the most hated regimes on the planet. Often it's hard to pin down exactly who the good guys are in South Africa.

Last edited by CarlsenHighway; 04/29/19.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mandela was no saint and should have been hung right next to the rest of the African terrorists.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
Yes, Nelson Mandela was a terrorist. Since then he has been deified because he was fighting and was then imprisoned by one of the most hated regimes on the planet. Often it's hard to pin down exactly who the good guys are in South Africa.

Funny how the whole world had a lot to say about apartheid, even sporting teams boycotting tours to South Africa, sanctions, you name it. Now, it being reversed, the world is silent.

South Africa is the only country in the world, where Affirmative Action in the work place gets implemented, in order to protect the majority from the minority.

Last edited by KMGHuntingSafaris; 05/01/19.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I haven't visited there since 2002, but it was "eat up" with incompetent unqualified people ( in this case, their only qualifications is they were black) This being the same "Blacks" who discriminated against the so-called "Coloreds" as well as the Whites. What a shame for such a beautiful country with so much "still untouched" economic potential!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I lived there from 92-94 and left 3 months after the election. Apartheid was wrong and so is what they are doing now. They simply replaced 1 racist government with another.

I had a somewhat unique perspective as a white guy who spent many of my days in townships. I saw the ANC intimidate and even kill people before the election for supporting other parties. They worked through intimidation. Many blacks told me the plan was to learn from the whites after they take power. The number I often heard was for 25 years. After 25 years of learning they were told they would drive the whites off the land. Many blacks were promised they could then just take white homes, cars, or farms.

I don't know what came from Mandela and what didn't. I do know he used bombings of civilians to terrorize and intimidate. He also never renounced violence. He was told he would be set free if he would but he chose not to. Many in the ANC were and are openly communist but he publicly claimed not to be. He was openly a big fan and supporter of yaser Arafat and Fidel Castro.

Much of what the whites feared about turning over power was because of the communist ways of the ANC not because of race. It was no coincidence that the first open election was finally held after the fall of the USSR. The fact that history overlooks this and chalks it all up to racism really bugs me. The fear of the communist ANC was huge.

There are many different opinions of Mandela but history will always treat him kindly because most African nations transition from white to black rule appeared much worse. The reality is that many south Africans have suffered and died under ANC corruption and incompetence since 94. They are burning it down just like most other African nations is just more of a slow burn.

It's been 25 years of the same party in power. Is it a coincidence that at 25 years they are now taking land without compensation and have changed their constitution to allow it? I heard that 25 year number from many people in many different regions. I think there was some sort of a 25 year plan... I just don't know what Mandela personally really believed. He preached the rainbow nation but sometimes you have to judge people by the company they keep. Arafat and Castro.

Bb

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 2,981 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,476
Posts18,451,810
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.