Very nice indeed.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ruger Bearcat and new Wrangler today.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Really like that '16 .44 Special!

Picked up a Hank's Extreme 1.75" gunbelt.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Last trip to the farm for shooting was with a new to me Ruger bisley vaquero in 500 Linebaugh built by John and stocked by Roy Fishpaw. Shooting this gun makes a guy wonder why folks shoot 500 Linebaugh Longs or Maxs!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Went back to semi-autos after a couple of years of shooting revolvers exclusively for bullseye. Training hard for probably my last season of competitive shooting. Lessons learned? It's tougher to shoot as well later in life than I did in my 20's and 30's, but it's do-able. Keep up on your eyes (glasses/prescriptions) and work out. It CAN be done. I resumed match shooting again 5 years ago after a 12-year layoff. Progress was sometimes slow and frustrating, but the results are worth it.
Bob

25 yard rapid fire, service pistol
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
BCM 11.5" upper on an H&R A1 lower (new guts obviously).

Those are great uppers. I bet it was crazy soft with a rifle lower.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Picked up a S&W 66-2 a few weeks ago and shot it some, shot a friend's MP5 with happy switch and forgot all about the 66 and whatever else I brought with me...

Shot a pocket pistol match 2 Saturday's ago with my S&W 640-1, shot my MK IV 22/45 lite in Steel Challenge this past Saturday. After it was over I shot a buddy's 2.0C with Apex Flat faced Forward trigger, have 2 kits on the way for mine now. Shot an STI 9mm and tonight I shot a Kimber Target 9mm along with my 2.0C. A 1911 9mm might be in my future.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bushmaster1313
I am the old guy at the range with a wheelgun
This .44 Special left the S&W factory on October 31, 1916

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The 1943 Ithaca M1911A! gets the job done at 7 yards
[Linked Image]Both pistols are very nice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I got the boys' new 10/22 set up with a fiber optic front sight so it'll be a little quicker to pick up for steel challenge. It was short stroking with Federal Automatch so I clipped a few coils off the recoil / charging handle spring and it seems to be running better now.

That ammo must be some of the most worthless .22 ammo available. I had a round of it blow up in one of my guns a few years back and it jams incessantly. Unfortunately I have plenty of it due to its being one of the most plentiful variants available during the .22 shortage.

I shot at some damned varmint way off with open sights on my boy's 10-22 the other day. That's the only shooting I've done for awhilst.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
BCM 11.5" upper on an H&R A1 lower (new guts obviously).

Those are great uppers. I bet it was crazy soft with a rifle lower.

It's an M4 configuration. I should have been more clearer.

H2 buffer.

Shoots very well. Should have a few hundred more down range today.

After coffee.... Fugk it's early.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yes it is.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
"What do you think of the GP-100 MC 10mm? I picked one up a few weeks ago and so far it's really impressed me. I have about 500 rounds of plinking loads using 220gr plated bullets and Trail Boss through it so far while breaking it in and the 25 yard double action groups have been better than I expected for a thrown together load."

The more I shoot it the more impressed I become...

If this gun had been around in the early 1960s when the .41 Magnum came out there would have been no need for the .41...would have been the perfect LE revolver.

Easy to carry size
Fast speed loads
Interchangeable grips
Wide range of loads from mild .40 S&W to hot 10mms

Now if Starline would just bring out 10mm Auto Rim brass.....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That Linebaugh Vaquero is fantastic. I'm such a sissy, I could be happy as a clam with one in 480.

Last edited by SargeMO; 04/30/19.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Finally able to shoot my new glock 48 after getting rid of my 19, more comfortable grip for me, but dang it, I can't hit anything with it either. I shoot my smith m&ps a ton better.

Also just picked up my first k22, can't wait to put some rounds through it.

Last edited by killerv; 04/30/19.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I got the boys' new 10/22 set up with a fiber optic front sight so it'll be a little quicker to pick up for steel challenge. It was short stroking with Federal Automatch so I clipped a few coils off the recoil / charging handle spring and it seems to be running better now.

What barrel did you wind up getting? The Tac Sol? You can get a spring pack from Kidd that has 3 different springs/ratings as well.

My 17 yr old and I shot a steel challenge match on Saturday using our 10/22's in the RFRO class. His is mostly Volquartsen set up and mine Kidd. Both ran flawlessly. After a lot of trial and error, I run CCI SV exclusively through them for matches with the Kidd lightweight recoil spring. Not a single hiccup yet.

Have shot 4 USPSA matches in the past month (west Texas and New Mexico) with my Sig p320 X5 in carry optics. I am really liking the Sig so far.

Have been shooting about 500 rds a week through a CZ 75B that CZ Custom did a full action/trigger job on. Been putting about the same through my G19 that I carry daily.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RyanTX

What barrel did you wind up getting? The Tac Sol? You can get a spring pack from Kidd that has 3 different springs/ratings as well.

My 17 yr old and I shot a steel challenge match on Saturday using our 10/22's in the RFRO class. His is mostly Volquartsen set up and mine Kidd. Both ran flawlessly. After a lot of trial and error, I run CCI SV exclusively through them for matches with the Kidd lightweight recoil spring. Not a single hiccup yet.

Have shot 4 USPSA matches in the past month (west Texas and New Mexico) with my Sig p320 X5 in carry optics. I am really liking the Sig so far.

Have been shooting about 500 rds a week through a CZ 75B that CZ Custom did a full action/trigger job on. Been putting about the same through my G19 that I carry daily.

I just finally bought a stock SS Ruger and bought a Magpul stock for it and Ruger trigger for it (whatever their good trigger is called). We put a (TruGLo?) fiber optic front on also. With the money I saved by getting the factory gun we bought a 22/45.

I'll check out that Kidd spring kit. That sounds like what I need. The Automatch has been reliable in every other gun we've got and I really need to make it work. Found a good deal on it and bought 10K rounds last week.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=Bluedreaux]Have shot 4 USPSA matches in the past month (west Texas and New Mexico) with my Sig p320 X5 in carry optics. I am really liking the Sig so far.

You should come shoot the Double Tap match in Wichita Falls this summer. Shouldn't be too far from you.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I shot Double Tap last year. This year, just can't make it happen. And, Area 4 championships is when I'll be on vacation. Shooting the NM sectional championships in August (and RO'ing that match).

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I shot Double Tap last year. This year, just can't make it happen. And, Area 4 championships is when I'll be on vacation. Shooting the NM sectional championships in August (and RO'ing that match).

Very cool. I've heard that NM match is top notch.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
CZ P-07
Dan Wesson V-Bob (45 ACP)
CZ Shadow 2 with a Cajun trigger. That thing is sweet.

He went over yonder way
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

717 members (1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 19rabbit52, 72 invisible), 3,102 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,167
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.