Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Actually not a fan of coffee.
Drink about a half cup to get a jolt, splash of 1/2-1/2 and I'm done.

FJB & FJT
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Famous Grouse is a fine basic blend.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mathman
Famous Grouse is a fine basic blend.

I have a Famous Grouse T-shirt someone gave me... laugh

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Bald1
While I posted earlier a picture of Glenlivet 18 (which I do have on hand), my favorite nectar is the Irish single pot still Redbreast. My tastes changed after going cold turkey quitting smoking after a heart attack well over a decade ago. Switched from great scotch malts to the aforementioned Irish. If you haven't sampled it, it should be on your "must" list!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great whiskey, but the price has climbed up past what I'll usually pay. I'll buy another bottle someday frown

1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
While I posted earlier a picture of Glenlivet 18 (which I do have on hand), my favorite nectar is the Irish single pot still Redbreast. My tastes changed after going cold turkey quitting smoking after a heart attack well over a decade ago. Switched from great scotch malts to the aforementioned Irish. If you haven't sampled it, it should be on your "must" list!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Plan to try that. I have a bottle of plain old Jameson I like it it, it is pretty smooth but is plain tasting. This is best as I can describe it. But I still like it.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Jameson has some upper tier offerings that are really good.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MikeL2

Great whiskey, but the price has climbed up past what I'll usually pay. I'll buy another bottle someday frown

Agreed. Seems that once so many discovered it the price was jacked up. Originally it was around $40 a bottle here for the basic 12 yo. Now its $65.

-=[Bob]=-
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MikeL2

Agreed. Seems that once so many discovered it the price was jacked up. Originally it was around $40 a bottle here for the basic 12 yo. Now its $65.

Yeah. Maybe I'll buy some when I get my first social security check next year, might still be under $80 by then.

Last edited by MikeL2; 05/03/19.
W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I like Pendleton and Crown Black. My go to whisky is George Dickel. I actually prefer the No. 8 since it is a little smoother at 80 proof. I have noticed many folks in the Pacific Northwest drink Canadian whisky although a few drink the wolf pi’sin Jack. I have a bottle of 25 yo Macallan awaiting celebration of a grandchild, 375 bull elk, or finishing our retreat cabin. Whichever comes first, your mileage may vary. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
That stuff is responsible for my second kid.

Who is the dad?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Canadian Hunter.....Better than 7 Crown, CC even Crown Royal

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am Canadian, and now drink Forty Creek. It is the nicest rye whiskey ...it can be called a sipping whiskey

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My everyday whiskey is Black Velvet, but I buy Canadian Hunter when ever it's on sale.

Usually $8.95 on sale here in Oregon.

Can't tell any difference between the two, when mixed in my Irish coffee.

Both are cheaper than Irish Whiskey.

For sippin, I prefer Single malt Scotch.

Virgil B.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by mathman
There's all kinds of Scotch whisky. If you want to try it again I suggest staying away from the really smoky Islay whiskies to start. Stuff like Laphroaig, lagavulin, Ardbeg and the like. A good starter would be the garden variety 10 year old Glenmorangie. Give it a small splash of spring water.

Thanks
I'll git a try again.

If none of them are agreeable, I'd try an Ardbeg or Lagavulin. I tried quite a few scotches and was not a fan until I tried the peaty Islay offerings.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Tonight would be a good night to have a bit of whiskey. Be nice to have a big fat girl to share it with!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We diss miller lite and natural light beer on here yet we have micro-orgasms over crown royal?

Wtf

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it's safe to say this thread is no longer about Canadian whiskey, can I ask a serious question? Redbreast 12 vs Yellow spot. Anyone tried both? Clear winner?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
We diss miller lite and natural light beer on here yet we have micro-orgasms over crown royal?

Wtf

Don't get 'em started on the "hints of vanilla" and "tobacco notes" bullshit...

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by drover
Black Velvet.

Yeah, I know it is a blend, it is not expensive but it is smooth and has a pleasing taste. I have tried a great many of the Canadian whiskeys and I keep coming back to it, day in and day out it is just a good whiskey.

drover

Yep that was my favorite for those reasons.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by slumlord

Wtf

Don't get 'em started on the "hints of vanilla" and "tobacco notes" bullshit...

Ohhh, I'm very good at these

[Linked Image]

Review: Crown Royal

Presentation: Pretty cool, box and a bag, looks expensive and impressive, especially to people who have tasted less than 3 whiskies over $30 a bottle (American)

Nose: Strong presence of Rubbing alcohol, cigarette butts, dried fruit, Uncle Larry

Palate: Heavy rubbing alcohol, second-rate oak, hints of hockey sweat and whisps of garbage

Finish: Burning in an unpleasant way, garbage a bigger player here, socialized medicine, mispronounced words. Lingers in the belly but not the tongue

Six rocks of ice added: Smooth. I could drink 7 of these and tell you all about how cool I was in 12h grade

Overall: Pretty palatable on ice or mixed with soda, extreme lack of value, half as good as any American bourbon or rye priced $Wild Turkey 101-$30. Bonus: the blue sack is pretty handy

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

712 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 72 invisible), 3,136 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,268
Posts18,467,295
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.