Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Theres a reason i refer to them as lowyers.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What lawyer is conservative?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
LMAO

Bullschit article.

I'm inclined to agree. If you've got a lawyer that pulls that kind of stuff on you either:

1) You're an obvious danger to yourself or those around you, and the referral is legit.
2) You've failed to vette your lawyer properly before engaging him.

If your lawyer rats on you to the cops for lawful gun ownership, then your lawyer is unnecessarily prejudicing anything coming up against you. If it happened to me, I'd seek disbarment.

Don't ever say to your lawyer: "I've got a gun and I'll use it to get my way."

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

I know several. Family and friends. My guns are already set aside. Florida requires no records of ownership, or proof of what you do with them.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I know several. Family and friends. My guns are already set aside. Florida requires no records of ownership, or proof of what you do with them.

I know several too Sam.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by viking

Originally Posted by smokepole
I cant think of any context where my attorney would ask or I would answer that particular question.

Divorce

Like I said.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think that article is total crap. I known a lot of liberal attorneys and can’t think of a single one that would rat a client for the scenario presented in the article. I’m also confident that every state bar would discipline an attorney who breached client confidence in that scenario. And that includes in states that require reporting, not just those that allow reporting like the ABA rule.

I don’t particularly like attorneys, though I happen to be one. It worries me greatly that medical professionals and psychotherapists seem increasingly eager to break privilege (see the aftermath of the Aurora theater shooting), but the bar still takes privilege pretty damn seriously.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the article is crap too. Most lawyers/judges I know would more likely strike up a conversation about guns or hunting.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Something to consider, for sure. I am getting ready to put together a will and family Trust. This is something I will check out before selecting a lawyer. Thanks for posting.

Seek out an attorney who is known for establishing trusts for NFA firearms. Your local gun shop should know who they are.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I’ve actually bought a shotgun from my attorney 🤠
He’s a big bird hunter.

?! What th ehell man. Why would anyone hunt Big Bird?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My attorney is a gun nut and also the Prosecuting attorney . He carries as does his wife who is a partner in the firm as well . Both travel to hunt upland and bow hunt deer and he’s expressed interest in going elk hunting with us. I trust him completely. There’s only 10,000 people in our whole county and it’s rare a Democrat even runs for local office.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My attorney is the Executive Director of the Tennessee Firearms Association. I am the West TN Board Member, I am good here...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
I got my permit from some boys with 19th judicial task force. More of a jurisprudence training than paper punching.

Only a douchebag wanders around lowes with a 1911 in a drop rig and a pit bull on a leash, and a My Wounds Are On The Inside t-shirt on.

+1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
What is an “enhanced carry license”?

Depends on the state. Usually allows you to carry in places that have restrictions, like public schools.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Almost every single one I know, including my wife.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 450yukon, 257_X_50, 15 invisible), 1,910 guests, and 799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,381
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.