Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
My Lab ate something and clogged himself up again. Who knows what it was. Labs eat everything. Occasionally he eats something that plugs him up.

He wouldn't eat for a day or so. Finally he started nibbling at stuff again, so I gave him a can of pork & beans with a tablespoon of Miralax stirred up in it.

A few hours later he wanted to go outside so I let him. He walked out a little ways,...started trembling, then took about a 2 lb schitt.

He's back to normal now.

I shoulda been a vet.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Didn't find your keys by chance did you? grin

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
lol,...no. It wasn't my keys. I don't know what it was and I'm not interested enough to dissect that big dump he took.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Years ago I took my lab camping. Later that night he puked by the campfire. In his puke was a whole hot dog, a bird, confetti, and a D sized battery.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Years ago I took my lab camping. Later that night he puked by the campfire. In his puke was a whole hot dog, a bird, confetti, and a D sized battery.

Doesn't surprise me a bit.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last week Dillon, the Boxer, ate a new SOS pad.
Gave him some peroxide, and he hurled it in the yard.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a standard poodle in the kennel that puked up it's owner's panties. Tan color they were. I hosed them off and put them in a big baggie and gave it back to her.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My lab has been chewing up our solar powered landscaping lights. I think he got at least one battery if not more. Anyway earlier in the week the guy had the [bleep] something terrible. Unfortunately it wasn’t always outside.its been a long hard week.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
My lab has been chewing up our solar powered landscaping lights. I think he got at least one battery if not more. Anyway earlier in the week the guy had the [bleep] something terrible. Unfortunately it wasn’t always outside.its been a long hard week.

Mine doesn't like doing his business in the house. When he's got to go he'll carry on something awful until you let him out.

It's usually not an issue. He spends enough time outside during the day to take care of matters. But a couple of times he's had to go early in the morning and he'd fuss at the door until I got out of bed to let him out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

D cell battery?!? That is a badass Lab. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10

He was a badass Lab. Championship bloodline. In his prime, he was 97 lbs. of solid muscle. He would follow any command I gave him. He lived to be 16, but I had to put him down - he could barely move at the end - it was a sad day. I've got a photo somewhere in storage. Next time I get a chance I'll see if I can find it.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Finally he started nibbling at stuff again, so I gave him a can of pork & beans with a tablespoon of Miralax stirred up in it.

A few hours later he wanted to go outside so I let him. He walked out a little ways,...started trembling, then took about a 2 lb schitt.

He's back to normal now.

Honest gawd that's been MY diet for the last 2 days.

Have yer guy call me. We'll talk. grin laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Finally he started nibbling at stuff again, so I gave him a can of pork & beans with a tablespoon of Miralax stirred up in it.

He's back to normal now.

Honest gawd that's been MY diet for the last 2 days.

Have yer guy call me. We'll talk. grin laugh

LMAO!!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Energizer lab.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Canned pumpkin.

F
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
F
bowl of vanilla ice cream and hydrogen peroxide if you want the Lab to vomit immediately after swallowing somthing. Youll see stuff you thought you lost years ago.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Momma dogs lick their pups [bleep] to stimulate them to cshit. 😁

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
About a month and a couple days ago, my collie girl stopped pooping, then slowed waaay down on eating. One of her anal glands was swollen up bad, doc expressed it, but that wasn't the problem. She had some cancer going on, which actually explained a few things. We ended up giving her enema syringes and those worked, massive dark poops everywhere in the back yard. (The first "expulsion" was at the vet's office!).
But then she quit eating all the way, including hand cooked, hand fed "people" food (burger, bacon grease, chicken). And at 15+ (a rescue, indeterminate age), there was not much else to do.
She is now on the bookcase, along with her brother, who preceded her by about a month with a stroke, that rendered him blind and unable to walk within about a half a day. He was already deaf.
Normally we bury our dogs, but when he went, it had been raining so hard, I couldn't stick a shovel in without hitting water, so we cremated him, and then her when she went.
It would be an epic understatement to say that I do deeply grieve their passing, they were fantastic dogs...
[Linked Image]

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 05/04/19.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Backroads
Canned pumpkin.

My vet always says this, but I’ve never been able to coax, cajole, beg, implore, beseech, badger, hector, intimidate, or force any of the cats or dogs into eating it. I’d have had better luck with a posterior-positioned shop vac.

Glad to hear your pup got it worked out, Bristoe.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
My first lab a big male named Bart picked up one of my mothers knee high stockings and passed it in the yard. Ellie my current black female once took a citronella candle off the picnic table dropped it on the deck and ate wax, some glass and passed it without a hiccup. We just finished a couple days of doggy diarrhea with plain white rice. Kind of the opposite of Bristoe’s dogs problem.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Canned pumpkin.

My vet always says this, but I’ve never been able to coax, cajole, beg, implore, beseech, badger, hector, intimidate, or force any of the cats or dogs into eating it. I’d have had better luck with a posterior-positioned shop vac.

Once, I was lucky, I inherited a Sheltie on my mom's passing, and she always had loose, runny turds, until we tried pumpkin, and man, she LOVED pumpkin! Win-win, that became her supplement over her dry food, she was thrilled, and nice, firm little turds...
Never had another dog that liked pumpkin.

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 05/04/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

Mine doesn't like doing his business in the house. When he's got to go he'll carry on something awful until you let him out.

It's usually not an issue. He spends enough time outside during the day to take care of matters. But a couple of times he's had to go early in the morning and he'd fuss at the door until I got out of bed to let him out.

Yea ours will make a fuss too but when we’re both at work all day I guess he couldn’t hold it any longer.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Overheard a conversation between a vet and a Lab owner: "Yep it's a hockey puck. Have to operate to get it out"..

Last edited by bobmn; 05/04/19.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
The first time mine plugged himself up he wasn't yet a year old,..and swallowed a chunk of rawhide about an inch in diameter and 3 inches long. It took him 5 days to get that out.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Bristoe rivals "Brockmire" for being friggin hilarious in his delivery. It's all about the delivery.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Canned pumpkin.

This stuff works great. Three different dogs over the years - all of them loved the stuff.

If you can catch them after eating something they shouldn't (within two hours) -our lab ate an entire box of raisins. Two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide (for a 75 pound dog) will have the dog puking in a matter of minutes. Dosage is based on the dog's weight; check with your vet if this comes up...

Last edited by CraigD; 05/04/19.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
A buddie’s lab ate a whole bath towel. I’m talking one of those towels that the wife could wrap up and use as a blanket.

When the vet cut it out, towel was still in one piece. Dogs original name was Colt. Now it’s Colt $2k.

He went over yonder way
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by bobmn
Overheard a conversation between a vet and a Lab owner: "Yep it's a hockey puck. Have to operate to get it out"..

I'd wager that's not the first time a vet said that about a lab

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
About a month and a couple days ago, my collie girl stopped pooping, then slowed waaay down on eating. One of her anal glands was swollen up bad, doc expressed it, but that wasn't the problem. She had some cancer going on, which actually explained a few things. We ended up giving her enema syringes and those worked, massive dark poops everywhere in the back yard. (The first "expulsion" was at the vet's office!).
But then she quit eating all the way, including hand cooked, hand fed "people" food (burger, bacon grease, chicken). And at 15+ (a rescue, indeterminate age), there was not much else to do.
She is now on the bookcase, along with her brother, who preceded her by about a month with a stroke, that rendered him blind and unable to walk within about a half a day. He was already deaf.
Normally we bury our dogs, but when he went, it had been raining so hard, I couldn't stick a shovel in without hitting water, so we cremated him, and then her when she went.
It would be an epic understatement to say that I do deeply grieve their passing, they were fantastic dogs...
[Linked Image]

So sorry OMCHamlin.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
our lab/german shepherd mix has these rainbow poops occasionally .

I couldn't figure out what it was until I saw her chewing on this multi-colored knotted rope we bought her. She was sitting there pulling strings off of it and swallowing them.

That dog has to have a spot free colon based on what she pushes thru it regularly. I used to worry but nothing slows her down

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Canned pumpkin.

second that. i had a goldie once that ate one of those foot long rope chew toys. he just swallowed the thing. it came out the other side in the poop, about a foot long.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
[Linked Image]

So sorry OMCHamlin.

i have probably six or so golden retrievers, cremated, in my gun safe.
they sit there till they put me in the family plot, and the dogs are going with me.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Never seen a dog get constipated around here on the farm.

They get plenty of 3 week old turnip greens, chunky 4 month old buttermilk, moldy wonder bread, rotten canteloupe, stale lucky charms cereal, they eat cat shït, road kill, grease from my bbq grill, fish heads and rural king dog food.

They crap like geese

Cleaned out the patio fridge last week.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A friend of mine had a Lab that would swallow tennis balls whole and he had to get a vet to cut them out . He had a bunch of money in that dog. He learned fast to by larger bouncy balls for the mutt to play with.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a friend once who had one of those woven door mats and his dog started chewing on it until it began to unravel. Eventually the dog was eating it and passing it at the same time. When he noticed, he cut off the part going in and the part going out but he was pulling rug out of that dog for a week.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish the neighbor's lab was unplugged. Acoustic is fine but about 6 AM he sounds plugged in and turned up to 11.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My brother's lab ran into a patio party his wife was hosting and hacked up a whole baby rabbit - plop.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Years ago buddies wife was tired of dealing with his black lab. She put him out in the garage. Buddy came home from work and hit the garage door opener.

There’s the lab somewhat barrel shaped. He’d consumed a 20lb unopened bag of food and krapped out about 5lbs on the garage floor so far.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my better memories..

Dad, Maverick ate my burrito!
Where was it?
On my plate
Where was the plate?
Next to me on the floor?
Come on Katie, did you really think you could trust him putting your burrito on the floor?
I know, but I would have thought he would have choked on the wrapper. smile

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Oh crap. Too freaking funny. Biggest laugh of the week. Thanks.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
my MA youst to get pissed when the old fat black lab hack up icky stuff and grass in the house,the old man caught holly hell from her. brother and me thought it was funny until we had to clean that crap up and sometimes there was a chewed up baby bunny in the mess too . dam dogs !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 38 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.