Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Dates this year will be August 2/3/4th.

Camp and shoot, Armijo springs camp ground just south of Quemado NM. Official shoots will be Saturday, all for fun, casual shooting the rest of the weekend.

Food supplied Friday and Saturday dinner, Saturday and Sunday breakfast, Saturday lunch. Bring your own drinks and snacks, coffee cup.

Camping on site or you can stay at the motel on Quemado.

All welcome bring the family.

A heads up, this will be the last time at Armijo, we will be combining the winter central AZ Tonto and summer Armijo NM events into one summer event located in northern Arizona, 100 to 150 miles west of Quemado. To be discussed at this years gathering.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 05/04/19.
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Bob, I was out the other evening driving a remote area checking for quail and deer, I encountered 2 gila monsters and one big rattler...

Kent

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
🀣🀣🀣

Founder

WS

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
up

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My plans are to be there. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, Kent. Sounds great!

Norm

p.s. for those of you who know me from attending in recent years, the news is that we are moving this month from the Paa-Ko Ridge golf community, a semi-gated area around a golf course, down the road about 20 minutes in the East Mountain area to a somewhat eclectic log cabin built in 1945 as a hunting lodge, on five acres backing up against the Sandia Mountains and the Cibola National Forest.

It has its own spring, rock-lined pool and shallow well with abundant sweet water, which is hard to find around here! Gravel road, good electric and decent propane tank, small lap pool, great views, surprisingly decent soil for the high desert and big enclosed garage.

Big stone fireplace and a couple of old cast iron Franklin stoves, but also hot water heating. Great, well seasoned big old logs in good condition. I believe that they will provide good insulation. (We'll see.)

It's on a secluded road on the Turquoise Trail just a minute or two off Interstate Route 40, so my son Robert, who plans to attend UNM in Albuquerque, can zip in there normally in no more than 15 minutes.

The garage allows me to access my power tools and toys out of sight, plus the dogs. And on that side, daughter Mary's new chicken coop, the result of this Easter's bundle of chicks. No homeowners restrictions on farm animals in the new place, and much closer the the local Tractor Supply! wink

You can expect a lot of questions and requests for help from you folks accustomed in rural life, as much is new to me.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That looks like it's in the middle of nowhere. Is there even a Starbucks around?

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
We plan on being there!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
That looks like it's in the middle of nowhere. Is there even a Starbucks around?

There’s pie in ( wait for it) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pietown.

Founder

WS

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can expect a lot of questions and requests for help from you folks accustomed in rural life, as much is new to me.

Ask away. You will get answers, some good ones. smile miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image]

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
We fly the flag, pledge allegiance, and say grace before we eat Saturday evening.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's on the calendar! I'm determined to not let work trump it this year. Daughter #1 may want to tag along.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm putting in for that time off. Best news I've had all Spring.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If you are talking about Armijo Springs, no. That's the whole point! Great elk all over, though. One of the best areas in the state.

On the other hand, as Kaywoodie says, there IS the famous Pietown nearby, and folks come from all over to get there. I've even seen huge bicycle tour groups riding in from Socorro. Last year, we stopped on our way home in one of the pie shops which incidentally has pretty good coffee too!

When I went to pay the bill, it seemed awfully high. It turned out that my family had ordered several extras to take out! We were eating pie for close to a week. wink

Norm

Last edited by Anjin; 05/05/19.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
This years fish and steak night contribution.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
ttt

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, that's the idea - middle of nowhere in the minds of most, but it is a beautiful "nowhere" at 8,000 ft. in the mountains of the Gila NF. Summer air and environment at its best, And, those who have traveled to participate in this annual shindig for several years are actually more impressive than the place itself. An unique experience invented by the SW gang, perpetuated by a few dedicated guys and well-supported by great folks who come from near and far - some very far.. Of necessity, it looks as though this time will be the swan song for gathering at Armijo Springs. I'm going to enjoy it to the max, and will miss this particular site a bunch.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 36 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,625
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.