Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
For those not yet in contact, seems like we have some sad news . It has been reported that one of the original members of this SW Campfire gang, Thomas "Magnum" Belcher, passed away this morning. Tom - a very nice fellow, quick witted, avid shooter, loving father of two beautiful kids and husband of Brandy - has left us all too soon. RIP Thomas.

Prayers for Toms wife and children. RIP brother. You will be sorely missed.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Owl

Prayers for Toms wife and children. RIP brother. You will be sorely missed.

It was a pleasure to have known him and shot with him. Godspeed, MAGNUM.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well this was a shock to read....

RIP Thomas... as Jeff said... you will be sadly and greatly missed my friend...Godspeed...

Condolences and prayers to his wife, daughter and son...
haven't seen them in a few years...but.... hell this is just tough news to digest...

I know tho at least he is with the Lord.....

The rest of you guys.... Good health to each of you...

We don't need any more news like this....

God Bless to Tom....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That is sad news indeed, about Tom. Also Joe's situation!

Joe, you are in my prayers as well. We'll see you at the next Gathering!

As for Tom, he will be sorely missed. I'm sure his family is devastated. They were the center of his life, particularly his kids. Anyone who saw him with his kids could tell that.
He had a heart commensurate with his physical size.

My prayers go out for his family.

I imagine that we will honor him at Armijo Springs as well.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Looking forward to it. It’s been great over the years as this camp out has grown from collection of grumpy old farts to a full-bore family event. And no one has worked harder toward that than krp.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Looking forward to it. It’s been great over the years as this camp out has grown from collection of grumpy old farts to a full-bore family event. And no one has worked harder toward that than krp.

Well said; though all of you have made felt welcome. I am grateful to be counted among you.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'd take offense to the "grumpy old fart" thing - but I've seen the mirror, and many "friends" attest to it as well!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What an honor it is to spend a few days every year with folks whose paths wouldn't cross were it not for this get together.
Some wonderful acquaintances and great friendships have developed through the years.
A special thanks goes out to the folks that started this and sadly we remember each year those that are no longer with us.
As always, look forward to making this event, God willing...

Last edited by bcolorado; 06/01/19.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I'd take offense to the "grumpy old fart" thing - but I've seen the mirror, and many "friends" attest to it as well!

Mark,

personally I never found you either grumpy or Old....

The Fart thing... I'll have to defer to "the Warden"....

and give her my regards...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
She giggled at that, John. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Anybody coming that owns a 6.5 PRC ? I accidentally grabbed a box while hoarding for my 6.5 Creed. Would like to swap for something, like maybe 22 WM. PM me.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Anybody coming that owns a 6.5 PRC ? I accidentally grabbed a box while hoarding for my 6.5 Creed. Would like to swap for something, like maybe 22 WM. PM me.

I know that Blue has one. Doesn't Dennis have one, too?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Brian, Are you going to make it this year?

It's been way too long since we've seen each other, my friend!

Ed

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just in case anyone missed it...

Today is Thomas Magnum's Birthday....

Still wish him the best and if you are of that persuasion Lift a Toast to Him some time Today...

Happy Birthday Thomas, where ever in heaven you may be today my friend!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

No, he's got some 6.5 x .284 thingy. A fad purchase.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Ed

Ok, will bring them just in case.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Ed

I can relate... I have a 6.5 x .280AI. grin

Does everything a 6.5PRC does but uses .280 Rem brass and a long action. You know, "old school". laugh

Ed

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Talus, bring the 6.5 prc and we will work a trade, I have never shot any factory loads in my 6.5Prc, but I hear they work just fine and I can alway's add the brass to my pile. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I know that Blue has one. Doesn't Dennis have one, too?Ed

Hey now, maybe you ought'n to mind 'yer language with those "thingy" and "fad" utters. The 6.5 in the Win .284 case (rebated) might seem like some past fad, but maybe you guys were too young to remember when and why it became popular and a winner "thingy" with knowledgeable shooting/hunting guys. Back then, Sam May (Apex barrels) up near Flagstaff turned out quite a few and two of my buddies had them. Those barrels were ACCURATE and the cartridge design gave a performance edge over what many others and I were shooting at the time. I was mostly hunting then and the 6.5x55 seemed perfect for deer, easy/inexpensive to reload, Swedish Mil rifles were nicely finished, etc., etc.. - and I had not yet developed any taste for a hybrid. Later, when that taste developed a bit (and the kids were on their own), I went to the 6.5/06 and skipped right past the 6.5/284 Win idea. Have often wished I had given one a try, and Dennis' rifle seems excellent. Maybe it has an Apex barrel. In your experience, how does the 6.5/06 compare with these newer/fancier 6.5s? Mind you, I did not refer to those newer 6.5 "thingys" as a "fad"?

If you never met Sam May and discussed barrels with him, you missed some good moments. Same thought about Paul Marquart. While away from the SW for a while, I lost contact with Sam May and later went looking. He was in a nursing facility in NM and passed away there some years ago, apparently very much alone except for one fine caretaker.. Folks in a knowledgeable circle at the time said that some employee did Sam out of his barrel business (and other stuff) on a shady maneuver, but I do not know the veracity of that story. I simply know that he made accurate barrels (cut).

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I'm on here, some may have noticed that I've been divesting some stuff and plan to bring a this or that to the gathering for those who say "I'd like to have that". I hope to post some additional items soon - solely for giving away within this gang - but, simply have not gotten that organized yet. Shortage of time/stamina is a challenge these days.

I'd also like to sell some things, but definitely will NOT have anything for sale at the rendezvous. If someone decides to buy something through a PM beforehand, maybe I could deliver at AS. Not even likely that I'll get such stuff posted by then.

I'm really enthusiastic to share time with so many good folks again in August.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (4xbear, 338reddog, 673, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 450yukon, 15 invisible), 1,682 guests, and 1,000 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,184
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.