Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Usuallly people that cry about fuel prices also spend a $100+ a month on ciggs, mello-yello and copenhagen.

Back when it spiked to $4; it sure kept a lot of jiggaboos off the road. šŸ‘

Never had a cigg in my life, same with chew. Don't recall ever drinking Mellow Yello, but barely drink soda in general.

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
ā€œSummer blend and increased demand with summer travel!ā€. Itā€™s kinda like Walmart and Amazon and Fedex telling us they had NO IDEA that demand would go up around Xmas time and had to jack up prices accordingly.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
$3.50 a gallon here, pump shut off @ $100 last night fillin up my tundra, and it wasn't even full yet..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, Iā€™d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ainā€™t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dont you dare complain!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Itā€™s May.

Summer starts in June.

They dish out the fugking incrementally.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Just paid $2.79 in Colo.
I think gas is a bargain at prices below $4.
Not saying I donā€™t like cheap gas, but when you think about getting oil out of the ground, refining, additives, transporting it, etc, etc, it not very expensive.
Milk can go from udder to kitchen table in hours or a day or so and is far more expensive.

NRA Patron
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Think i'll buy a drilling rig & refinery .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Dont you dare complain!

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, Iā€™d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ainā€™t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Usuallly people that cry about fuel prices also spend a $100+ a month on ciggs, mello-yello and copenhagen.

Back when it spiked to $4; it sure kept a lot of jiggaboos off the road. šŸ‘
It kept me from goin alot of places too and I don't smoke, drink soda or chew copenhagen and I sure ain't a jigaboo. But if you want to kill the economy just raise the price of gas to 4.00 a gallon again and it sure as hell will.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Youā€™re too close to California ! Expensive blends at the refinery for California and everyone served by those refineries gets to pay. I think I paid $2.58 here in Florida this week. It has come down a little from $2.78 a couple of weeks ago.

ā€˜TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZEā€™

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all comingā€¦

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

Iā€™m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I paid over $4 in SFO four weeks ago, when it was $2.21 in Wells, NV. Those Cali folks get a screwing, and they don't even realize how bad.

There's something about the intermountain west that makes the gas prices swing wildly every year. Don't know if it's refinery capacity, or multiple blends, or what, but we swing way north of average every May.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by fburgtx
ā€œSummer blend and increased demand with summer travel!ā€. Itā€™s kinda like Walmart and Amazon and Fedex telling us they had NO IDEA that demand would go up around Xmas time and had to jack up prices accordingly.

Good time to buy ExxonMobil stock, no? If you know the price is going up in May, jump in, the water's fine.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read somewhere several weeks ago that the sanctions against Iran were gonna kick it up substantially. Seems like since the beginning of April it's gone up around 3 cents each week.
Right now we're at $3.10, we could see $3.75 or $4 by summer.
PA state tax is 58 cents a gallon, federal is (I believe) 14 cents. Word is the Feds want to double that.
Seems that I read someplace that they tarred and feathered folks over stamped paper. grin
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." ļæ½ Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just because they can, no other valid reason. The Great American Ripoff.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Rooster7
$2.39 at Costco on Friday

Fuqq me. $3.69 at my Costco. Refinery fire here in SoCal. The refineries lock their gates when there is a fire and keep city and county FDs out. The fuggin fires seem awful convenient, along with scheduled maintenance, right before summer vacation season.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by dale06
Just paid $2.79 in Colo.
Not saying I donā€™t like cheap gas, but when you think about getting oil out of the ground, refining, additives, transporting it, etc, etc, it not very expensive.
Milk can go from udder to kitchen table in hours or a day or so and is far more expensive.

I pay $2.69 a gallon for milk at Aldi and Stater Bros., a regional chain here, probably a little less at Costco.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just paid $2.79 in Colo.

True, but I am not using 30 gallons of milk each week either.

I don't even look at the price anymore, I can't change it and I am not driving 10 miles to get it 5 cents a gallon cheaper, I need convenience driving a gas sucking 6.0 pig that averages 12 mpg.

If I really cared about the cost of gas I would not be driving V8's wrapped around 4,300 - 7,300 pounds of metal and getting ready to buy another.

Same with electricy, if my bill hits 250 in the summer running the air conditioning at 68 degrees, I don't care, I am not sleeping in the heat.

Dave

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
$4 a gallon in SoCal for the cheap stuff.

Hunt Africa while you can
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Just paid $2.79 in Colo.

I would sure like to see gas cheaper than milk.

I can get milk for $1.69 to $1.85 in any local grocery for 1%, 2% or whole. 87 octane E10 regular gas is double that wherever I look.

This is the first I have heard about the fiasco with the Russian pipeline. I bet heads will roll over that.

So we have troubles in Venezuela, contaminated fuel in Russia, Iranian sanctions, and a recent major refinery fire in US. That sounds like a perfect storm to create world shortages and drive prices through the roof. All we need is a major hurricane to disrupt the Gulf Ports.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yall honestly sound like a bunch of AOC and Bernie fans...

If you think the refiners are making obscene profits, just buy their stocks so you can share in that! Hint... I work for one and donā€™t invest much of my portfolio in refining companies because the profits arenā€™t obscene, hell we are just scraping by! Thatā€™s not BS, go look at the q1 earnings reports of refining companies. The money is made in oil production, not refining.

Also, summer grade gas is dictated by the EPA, reduces the pool of gasoline components available for blending, and makes it much more expensive. Look at NYMEX RBOB futures - you will see that in prices every year going forward (gas cheaper oct-mar, and more expensive apr-sep).

Political ā€œeventsā€ have the most impact on fuel prices... Venezuela sanctions, Iran sanctions, Alberta government mandating lower crude production, ...

Just wait til you have to buy diesel or heating oil next winter... Ships are required to use a lower sulfur fuel starting Jan 2020 (google IMO 2020). Thatā€™ll eventually spill over to gasoline as well.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,354
Posts18,468,882
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.