Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Mine is the one on the top left, patterned after a Kestrel Caper with some changes. Made thin and hard. Got a finished picture from Tim, great looking knife. Anxious to receive it.

Last edited by fshaw; 05/10/19.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got a message from Tim today. My 5 inch skinner, with camel bone scales, will be on the way next week. smile

Sam......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My new Olt just now arrived. And it is gorgeous! Fills the hand with no hotspots, balances well, perfect blade geometry, screaming sharp. It is just excellent in every regard. I couldn't be happier. It is going to be hard waiting until Fall to dress out a critter with it. Thanks Tim!

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
That is a beauty!

My .25-06 shoots 1/4" all day long and I don't even have to do my part...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Beauty! My blade is the one in the top right in the picture. Caribou antler bolsters with curly maple handles. Can't wait to see it!

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
The last 4 knives in the group are in the stage of putting handles on them.
Those with sheaths will take a bit longer to be ready to ship (couple weeks yet).

Three of the last 4 have more complicated multi material scales.
That adds some time to get fit and finish to look right. The fourth is a
stick tang assembly which is a little different assembly than flat scales.

There not far away.

Thanks
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shinbone
My Olt just now arrived. And it is gorgeous! Fills the hand with no hotspots, balances well, perfect blade geometry, screaming sharp. It is just excellent in every regard. I couldn't be happier. It is going to be hard waiting until Fall to dress out a critter with it. Thanks Tim!

[Linked Image]

That's very nice, shinbone.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
As these knives out of CPM M4 get to you and in use, how about starting a new thread
on how this steel performs, how you use it, how you resharpen the blade, etc.

Being new to me, I do not have much experience with it. It does seem to hold and edge well
for the little use I have experienced with it. It does seem to give a toothier edge than other steels
I have used (440C, 154CM, A2, S30V, CPM 154, 52100)
Maybe I will try to take one down a bit further to a finer edge than I normally do.
None of the other steels I have used have tungsten init. M4 has 5.5%

What ya think????

Thanks
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Getting some more requests for CPM M4 knives.
Probably start on a batch in fall/winter time.

IF any interest see the patterns shown back on page 1 of this thread.
A couple special pattern requests may be considered also.

PM me for interests.

Thanks
Tim

Albert Einstein

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Put me on the fall list for a number 6 Loveless DP please. PM to follow.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Tim, per our phone conversation, please put me on the list for a 5" Skinner (with NS bolster) with the Black Buffalo horns scales to match my Loveless DP you made several years ago!!!

Can't think of a better combo to leave my son someday...…

Frog----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I was under the impression that this was all done months ago. Are there still blanks left to order something?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I was under the impression that this was all done months ago. Are there still blanks left to order something?

Four posts up Tim said he is getting requests and is looking to make some more blades out of the M4. Get in an order if you want a really nice piece of steel. I have the one marked BNT in the patterns on page one of this thread. and I really like it a lot.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M

This will be the THIRD go round of taking and filling orders with CPM M4

I do have some sheet left for special patterns.

I have some unground blanks left yet to be processed into blades and heat treated.
They are of the patterns shown on page 1.

I have a few extra processed and heat treated blades left from the batch I made while filling the second round orders.
They are of the patterns shown on page 1.

Albert Einstein

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I got my order in for a Gentleman Hunter. Now I just have to work on the "gentleman " part...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Decided to go with a 5" skinner this time around. Loving my scout from the last run, dang thing holds an edge. Used it in household duties but haven't put it to real duty yet. Still just as sharp as when it was shipped.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by shinbone
My new Olt just now arrived. And it is gorgeous! Fills the hand with no hotspots, balances well, perfect blade geometry, screaming sharp. It is just excellent in every regard. I couldn't be happier. It is going to be hard waiting until Fall to dress out a critter with it. Thanks Tim!

[Linked Image]

Shinbone, I asked Tim to make me one of his Loveless style drop points several years ago, with Black Buffalo scales and I have carried that knife on every hunt since. You will love it! Just a great all around and classic style.

Beautiful blade, congratulations!

Frog

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
That pattern in the fabric makes that smooth contoured handle look like not finished, but it is.

Tim

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
So I guess I have all interested parties for this 3rd build in the queue.

I will be ordering some more steel this week. From there it will be into the winter time to finish.

I will start a new thread for that build when I have blanks cut and shaped.

Thanks
Tim

Albert Einstein

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tim I would like a loveless DP. PM incoming

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
251 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,704 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,932
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.