Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Anyone have any experience with this Charleston, SC based company's products?

ARIC

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I looked at their blem uppers, but I was leery, the price was just to good.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
You know what they say.

I ordered an inexpensive pistol upper. We shall see....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dealt with them before. 3 or 4 transactions. No problems.

On the blem uppers... They aren't. I got a 16" spiral stainless MLok that shoots & looks just fine.

I think they just call them blems to run them on sale. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got a 6.5 Grendel, 18 inch upper from them a while back. No issues, other than I had a bad 'gunshow' mag that wouldn't feed. Switched mags and it runs great. Not my most accurate AR, but inch and a quarter 5 shot groups with factory Hornady Black 123 ELD's, consistently at a hundred, can't be complained about when the complete upper was
Well under 300 bucks.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dealt with them before. 3 or 4 transactions. No problems.

On the blem uppers... They aren't. I got a 16" spiral stainless MLok that shoots & looks just fine.

I think they just call them blems to run them on sale. wink

I have it on good authority that PSA blems are not actual blems 9 out of 10 times either. We have a guy here that has visited their shop numerous times and two more that live close by. Each of these guys said they have been told by PSA workers, that if a box comes in with even a corner damaged they mark the whole box down as a blem. Same with if one during the inspection is scratched, whole unit is marked as blems. I've heard this about other AR companies as well, so it would only make sense.

Last edited by Hudge; 05/12/19.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Hudge
if a box comes in with even a corner damaged they mark the whole box down as a blem. Same with if one during the inspection is scratched, whole unit is marked as blems. I've heard this about other AR companies as well, so it would only make sense.

Makes you wonder what their profit margin is at full cost vs blem

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Darryle
if a box comes in with even a corner damaged they mark the whole box down as a blem. Same with if one during the inspection is scratched, whole unit is marked as blems. I've heard this about other AR companies as well, so it would only make sense.

That's exactly what I told the first guy that told me this story. The second one that told me the story lives right down the road from them and pretty much said the same thing. He told me that when he moved to Columbia, SC a little over a year ago he was driving down the road just looking around. He saw the sign for PSA and didn't think about it for a few seconds and then it hit him what it was actually. He said he turned around as fast as he could. He said he dropped a few hundred bucks unplanned on two AR15 uppers that trip.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bought one upper from CBC through AIM surplus when AIM was selling them. The upper wouldn't cycle. Contacted CBC and CBC told me they won't warranty it because I bought it from AIM (?). I had to go through AIM and of course AIM sent me a prepaid shipping label to be sent back to them. AIM sent the upper back to CBC and after a couple of weeks I got my upper back. Problem is the CBC upper won't shoot anything but 4 inch groups or larger. I know some of you will say that's within spec but all of my other AR's will shoot smaller groups than that. Maybe I got a lemon but after dealing with a manufacturer that won't warranty their product and I have to go through the retailer, that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HARDBALLER
I bought one upper from CBC through AIM surplus when AIM was selling them. The upper wouldn't cycle. Contacted CBC and CBC told me they won't warranty it because I bought it from AIM (?). I had to go through AIM and of course AIM sent me a prepaid shipping label to be sent back to them. AIM sent the upper back to CBC and after a couple of weeks I got my upper back. Problem is the CBC upper won't shoot anything but 4 inch groups or larger. I know some of you will say that's within spec but all of my other AR's will shoot smaller groups than that. Maybe I got a lemon but after dealing with a manufacturer that won't warranty their product and I have to go through the retailer, that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I think that's pretty common with any brand, as far as the accuracy/cycling thing.

As to why they wouldn't take shipment from you directly, who knows? Maybe policy and/or legal issues that not everyone is privy to?

I've got a couple of CBC uppers and they have always functioned fine, and are MOA or less.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've got a couple of CBC uppers and they have always functioned fine, and are MOA or less.

Aren't all uppers <MOA on the internet..............?????

Sure seem like they are, even with $50 barrels, just sayin'.

MM

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Haven't seen one yet that wouldn't do one shot MOA groups...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL

Yeah, all mine will do that, even with me doing the shooting.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Darryle

Marketing strategy?

The blems aren't sold cheap to recover some money, they are cost plus?
Yielding a decent profit.

The 1's are actually marked up?

Not a bad idea. It would move your main line fast.
And if someone thinks you get what you pay for,
let them pay more.

Also, it would reduce final inspection stress.
Basically, the firsts are all that needs inspected.
If one of the blems is a blem...

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have friend that was stationed at Ft Jackson, SC. He shopped at PSA all the time they had a store right down the road from post. He did say when they have deals of the day sales on the internet. When you go into the retail, they will not sell you whatever is on sale on the internet for that price. You had to go to their website, order it and that’s how you got that price. He said he do it give them the order number and they give him the part etc. from what he told me they have a couple retail stores in Columbia along with the plant making the parts etc.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Aren't all uppers <MOA on the internet..............?????

Sure seem like they are, even with $50 barrels, just sayin'.

MM

I sighted it in over a year ago. Took it out and shot my metal popper twice with it the other day just to see where it was hitting. It was dead on still and the two shots were under an inch.

Not that that qualifies as an honest to God group, but I can take a pic of that gong if you want... Why would anyone lie about crap like that anyway? I know they probably do, but I never understood why.

Is that CBC as accurate as my Black Hole barrel, or Stoner competition barrel? Nope. But it's minute of coyote at 250-300 yards.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not sayin' anyone is lyin', but it's just a matter of what really defines a <MOA rifle....................go on over to Sniper's Hide & read a few threads for example; everyone's got a <MOA rifle, hardly none that aren't........................which just ain't the case.

Especially if you measure 10 shot groups or overlays of a bunch of 5 shot groups either.

As said in comments above, all my rifles are <MOA...........................for a 1 shot group. wink

YMMV

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S
I have friend that was stationed at Ft Jackson, SC. He shopped at PSA all the time they had a store right down the road from post. He did say when they have deals of the day sales on the internet. When you go into the retail, they will not sell you whatever is on sale on the internet for that price. You had to go to their website, order it and that’s how you got that price. He said he do it give them the order number and they give him the part etc. from what he told me they have a couple retail stores in Columbia along with the plant making the parts etc.

We have two guys on contract here with our company that live in Columbia, SC, and they told me about the two store fronts. My son is at Ft. Jackson now for basic training. I really wanted to leave Afghanistan early to see him graduate in July, but I will bust my tax free status by less than a week by doing it. Depending on how my interview next week goes, I may be leaving here the first day I am able to in late July.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Not sayin' anyone is lyin', but it's just a matter of what really defines a <MOA rifle....................go on over to Sniper's Hide & read a few threads for example; everyone's got a <MOA rifle, hardly none that aren't........................which just ain't the case.

Especially if you measure 10 shot groups or overlays of a bunch of 5 shot groups either.

As said in comments above, all my rifles are <MOA...........................for a 1 shot group. wink

YMMV

MM

Generally, when I find myself in possession of a rifle that's not MOA or real close to it, it finds it's way into the trade fodder stack.

I imagine most rifles shoot better than their operators. If I have several that are accurate enough for my standards, and come across one that isn't, I have a pretty good idea that it's not "me" where the problem is. wink

As far as what most people claim... I can't help you there. Sniper's Hide has lots of wannabes and very few that walk that walk.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There were probably 50-60 guys that shot the Black Rifle Challenge here over the last couple of years................lots of good shooters, lots of good hardware.

The fact that there were only 10-11 MOA results is telling.................

Here's a link to the page with the latest tally that I know of.

You should go ahead & shoot that rifle of yours & post an entry. grin

Black Rifle Challenge Results

MM

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
724 members (204guy, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.