Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Which on on hand guards and why ?
I've got A2 style and keymod . seems around here in gun shops the mlok is more popular ??

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I read somewhere that M-Lok is becoming the way forward. Military standardizing it or something. I see a lot of the M-Lok on Magpul products, chassis stocks, etc.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
M-LOK is a a better looking option, nothing wrong with either, keymod seems easier to attach stuff with

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mlok is strong, keymod is weak. Keymod is yesterday's news.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orphanedcowboy
M-LOK is a a better looking option, nothing wrong with either, keymod seems easier to attach stuff with

You don't like little pecker shapes stamped out of you rifle?
Me neither!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Keymod is a good system when accessories are built right and users install them right. Unfortunately, some accessories aren't built right and it's possible to install them backwards. That leads to people saying keymod stuff just falls off.

Mlock is idiot proof but last I checked there were more accessories available in Keymod than Mlock. I prefer Keymod but have both.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I personally like the look of Mlok and how it attaches over keymod. Plus, with Magpul behind it plenty of high quality accessories, from them and others.

Originally Posted by TWR
Keymod is a good system when accessories are built right and users install them right. Unfortunately, some accessories aren't built right and it's possible to install them backwards. That leads to people saying keymod stuff just falls off.

Mlock is idiot proof but last I checked there were more accessories available in Keymod than Mlock. I prefer Keymod but have both.

Earlier on, there were definitely more keymod accessories than Mlok, though I am pretty sure the opposite is true now that Mlok has gained more popularity.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When it comes to accessories everything I find is for m-lok . When I finally got into this AR game i had no idea what any of that stuff meant. Ordered my first upper had m-lok and as others said it’s idiot proof, plenty of high quality accessories ie mag-pul

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Tyrone

How so ?

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TWR

When it comes to an AR. Or creedmoor with some of the crowd they attract things need to be idiot or proof. Loll

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Tyrone

How so ?

Just for starters, in this test it was found that the Mlok is ~215% more resistant to pull-off.
http://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/0...d-vs-m-lok-test-conducted-at-nswc-crane/

Politics is War by Other Means
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I like the looks of M-LOK over Keymod, but given the option, I like a good strong rail that is threaded similar to the Diamondhead VRS-T.

A handguard that is well thought out, has quick disconnect sockets at the 3-6-9 positions close to the receiver, scalloped top rail with short sections near the receiver and muzzle with easy attachment of vertical foregrip, light, laser or bipod, there really isn't much to ask for.

I am not all about the tacticool factor, I use mine for hunting

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm glad to hear MLok accessories are coming about, good options are always welcome.

I use a bi-pod mount and a short section for a light on my KeyMod rails, nearly the same as my Troy Alpha rails (long before KeyMod). My first KeyMod was BCM rail that while being light weight, is as flimsy as they come. I bent the first one and they replaced it, the second one is still going strong and I've never had anything come loose.

I'll take my chances.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I read somewhere that M-Lok is becoming the way forward. Military standardizing it or something. I see a lot of the M-Lok on Magpul products, chassis stocks, etc.

Yeah, I was just talking last night with two of my co-workers here that are pretty big into AR's and they both stated they read M-Lok is the way more and more manufacturers are going. I'm just getting into the AR game, so my only take is what I think looks the best and to me that's M-Lok.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,887
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.