Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gunner, you be havin' way too much fun!

Don't stop...

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

BP-B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
That buffalo herd would be quite a challenge.

I’ve done some CAS, visited several clubs. I’ve never seen anything even close to that, gotta be one of a kind.

Sorry to hear it went away. Would have been a hoot watching that.

DF

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That's the truth. There was even more to those shoots than I've described, a variety of target layouts and even a "cow town" with a "restaurant" where the ladies cooked a hot lunch for the "cowboys and buffalo hunters". Really too bad that it passed. Here's a photo of another buffalo layout. Most of the targets were shot sitting from cross sticks, with a few of the really long shots like the 1000 yard buffalo shot prone. The steel targets must have represented a considerable investment. My recollection is that couple of brothers who were well off were the original purchasers. I have no idea where they ended up. Gone like the prairie wind, I suppose.

[Linked Image]

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Paul39
Well, turns out I lied about not being able to post a photo of the Ackley herd, so I deleted that post. Here y'all go:

[Linked Image]

Man what a blast it'd be to sit with cross sticks shooting at that herd of steel, I could spend a week right there.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Don't stop...

LOL, I wont stop DD, if you'll notice that pic in the middle Beaver10 posted for us, I have the grass walked down to dirt going out that back yard gate on the way to the range, looks like a damn cow backed up there and took a good piss on my dirt, guess she was telling me what she thinks about all that shooting. smile

Trump Won!
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Don't stop...

LOL, I wont stop DD, if you'll notice that pic in the middle Beaver10 posted for us, I have the grass walked down to dirt going out that back yard gate on the way to the range, looks like a damn cow backed up there and took a good piss on my dirt, guess she was telling me what she thinks about all that shooting. smile

That ole cow may have been speaking for the neighbors, too.

😆

DF

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL DF,

LOUD:

tractors
trucks
semi-trucks
race cars
chainsaws
guns

Can't imagine why I haven't got my 'neighbor of the year' award yet. laugh

Trump Won!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL DF,

LOUD:

tractors
trucks
semi-trucks
race cars
chainsaws
guns

Can't imagine why I haven't got my 'neighbor of the year' award yet. laugh

You can count on my vote (from 350 miles away)... grin

DF

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks Neighbor! grin

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Paul39
That's the truth. There was even more to those shoots than I've described, a variety of target layouts and even a "cow town" with a "restaurant" where the ladies cooked a hot lunch for the "cowboys and buffalo hunters". Really too bad that it passed. Here's a photo of another buffalo layout. Most of the targets were shot sitting from cross sticks, with a few of the really long shots like the 1000 yard buffalo shot prone. The steel targets must have represented a considerable investment. My recollection is that couple of brothers who were well off were the original purchasers. I have no idea where they ended up. Gone like the prairie wind, I suppose.

[Linked Image]

Hmmmm.....seems as if I may have shot there once upon a time as a guest of Steve Britt! It was a great day. Hope Steve and his Lady are doing OK!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
411 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 42 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.