Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Has anyone had a barrel made for a lever gun or do these folks just spec in bench-rest/bolt guns?
I still have an old Savage 99 action I want to do a build on. The idea kind of went to the back-burner the last 2-3 years but I want
get it going now.
Jeff

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gerry35
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I have a couple JC Custom bbls. One on a 280 and the other in 308Win. Very pleased with early results so far.

JC is easy to deal with and is fairly quick to deliver.

https://www.jccustombarrels.com/

Very interesting, I see they have 277 barrels from 1 in 7 - 1 in 12 twist hmm..........

When you say very pleased so far what does that mean, what kind of accuracy are you getting so far?

Only been to the range with both once.

The 280 gave 1" with factory ammo and less while the 308 gave POI touching with handloads.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds promising early on, SC. Thanks for the feedback.

Friend of mine has a JC .284 barrel at the smith’s. There was some twist confusion with his order, but JC did eventually make it right. Hopefully he gets his rifle back soon, I’m looking forward to his range results. Would like to order a couple barrels here soon and waffle back and forth between KS, JC or an American manufacture I have more experience with.

Originally Posted by gerry35
I have a couple JC Custom bbls. One on a 280 and the other in 308Win. Very pleased with early results so far.

JC is easy to deal with and is fairly quick to deliver.

https://www.jccustombarrels.com/

Very interesting, I see they have 277 barrels from 1 in 7 - 1 in 12 twist hmm..........

When you say very pleased so far what does that mean, what kind of accuracy are you getting so far?

Only been to the range with both once.

The 280 gave 1" with factory ammo and less while the 308 gave POI touching with handloads.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cool guys, if you can keep us up to date that would be great. Had no idea that there were so many new barrel makers coming up. It's great news since some of the older guys are not with us anymore.

Gerry.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Some of the makers are fairly limited on what contours they will do. I believe IBI will do most any contour you want, a definite plus if you are trying to keep rifle weight down.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by patbrennan
Some of the makers are fairly limited on what contours they will do. I believe IBI will do most any contour you want, a definite plus if you are trying to keep rifle weight down.

JC doesn't list contours thinner than factory sporter. I think he is still quite busy keeping up with what he does offer.

I have a trued 700 action and stock down on the heap. I may order a fast twist JC bbl for a 243 to use them up. The grand kids might need a rifle or two in the future. smile

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I received an email back from Mike at KS Arms. It was in response to my email asking which chamberings they offer.

Good Afternoon Stephen,

Thanks for reaching out, we do not list our chamber offerings as we have too many (100 plus) to compile online basic, standard chambering on out to proprietary, wildcats etc. I have wandered around your site before and am happy to say I have read some of your articles over the years! Much appreciated.

We'd be happy to open a conversation or send any info you desire! Please let us know.

So, the simplest answer is the best. If you have a project in mind, send them an email about the cartridge, the twist you want, barrel length and action type. They will get back to you in short order.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
638 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.