Print Thread
Hop To
J
JMUPT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I recently sent an older Burris Signature 6-24x44 scope back to Burris because it wasn't tracking properly and it seemed darker than it should be compared to a couple other Burris's that I have. I filled out the online repair form stating the issues and was promptly emailed a RMA number to include with the returned scope. I called about 5 weeks after I sent it in because the online account was showing it was still waiting to be looked at, so I called just to make sure I didn't need to do anything else. The guy I spoke with was polite and said that they were just running a little behind. No problem, so I checked a few days later and it was showing that it was now awaiting shipping. I received shipping confirmation a couple days later and yesterday a package arrived. I opened it up and to my surprise there was a reconditioned (looks new except for faint ring marks) Burris Veracity 5-25x50 first focal plane scope in the box. I wasn't even sure that they would warranty the scope because it had multiple ring marks through the finish and 2 large dents in the rear of the tube from the previous owner. I even had stated on the repair form that due to the damage on the tube I would understand if they wouldn't warranty the scope and that I was willing to pay if needed. I feel that they went above and beyond on this one and are top notch when it comes to customer service.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks for the info.

I've only had to use Burris repair service once, on a 3-9x40 Fullfield II that was at least a dozen years old and had been used a LOT. They repaired rather than replaced it, in about three weeks. Works perfectly again.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
S
Glad you had good luck with them, but unfortunately, they lost me for life.

Hope the new scope works out well for you!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My experience with Burris has always been positive.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This mirrors my experience as well. A few years back I had an older Signature 4-16 fall off the shooting bench at the range. Luckily, my cell phone also fell and helped break the scope's fall. The rear ocular was bent and it ripped the rubber ring as well. I sent it in, and a little while later a NIB Veracity showed up in the mailbox.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like you made out well. I have had to use their service once and the turn around was pretty good considering I'm in Canada. I had a new FF II 2-7x35 give up the ghost within 20 rounds or so on my old 35 Whelen, they ended up sending a brand new one which ended up on my wife's 6.5x55 which works great. My wife has forbidden me from ever taking it off lol. My other 2-7x35 is currently on my 270 Win but spent a lot of time on a 35 Whelen, 358 Norma and after that a 7 mm RM and shows no sign of any trouble even after some fairly heavy recoil. Have a spare 3-9x40 FF II that has been on a lot of rifles but mostly smaller rounds. For set and forget scopes I'm a fan of the Burris FF II's.

Gerry.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My only experience with Burris customer service was with a 2x handgun scope that I bought out of the junk box at a pawn shop for $10. The scope had no turret covers, so I called Burris and explained the situation and offered to pay for a set of caps. The rep said he would send me a pair for free. The only issue was that the scope was gloss and the caps were matte, but it works and for $10 I am happy. The scope has held zero on a 10 inch .30 Herrett for several years.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good experience for me also

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stump Buster

Same here......the worst CS I ever experienced was from Burris.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Several years ago I bought a very early 3x9 Fullfield (not FF II) with the ARC reticle. The scope was clear and worked fine but I never could get used to the goofy reticle so I contacted them and sent it in for a swap to a Ballistic Plex. A few days after I sent it in I got a call from Burris CS saying the tube was bent and couldn't be fixed, would I accept a 3x9 FF II as a replacement? Well I imagine so! Scope showed up a few days later, brand new as far as I could tell and it had the Ballistic Plex I had wanted for the other scope. Turn around was exactly two weeks.

I'll keep buying them.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
What kind of turn around are most of you getting? They’ve had my scope since April 23rd and my status shows awaiting processing.

J
JMUPT Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Mine took 7 weeks from the time they received it until it was back to me.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ve never had an issue with one of mine and I have several on various hard kicking rifles. The best customer service is one you don’t have to use. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
I’ve sent in two pistol scopes. The 3x9 had loose flakes in scope and the 2x7 the front metal piece had popped off. Received them back and about 2 shots later there was flakes in the scope again. The 2x7 had the front metal screwed back on but it was cross threaded so it didn’t sit square with the scope body. That was enough for me. I have sent scopes back to other companies es and gotten excellent results. Ed k

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I paid $200 for a package deal which consisted of the burris fullfield II scope and old burris landmark binoculars. 15 yrs later I sent the binoculars in to repair the eye cup and they sent me back a pair of Steiner Predator binoculars. My brother sent his in also and they sent him a new pair of Burris binoculars. No problems with their service at all.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have a prehistoric 4X20 compact riflescope from Burris which fogged up a few years ago. They had it back to me cleaned an re-purged in a 2-3 weeks as I recall. Very good CS experience on my side.

ILya

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My experience was great also. I sent in a pair of Binos. They were repaired and on there way back in 2 weeks.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Stump Buster

Same here......the worst CS I ever experienced was from Burris.

In fine print, it says you can’t turn in your Leupold dual dovetail rings with the scope or it voids the warranty. 😆

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (1minute, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 3,165 guests, and 1,469 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.