Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Sitting here sipping some whisky, and have reached that magical point where you are just plain content. It occurred to me that one of the greatest things in God's intelligent design is the ability of certain substances to cause us to get blitzed when consumed. I know, of course, that it is The Devil's work that some of you can't control yourselves. Can't do the milder stuff because I get tested but, from what I hear, you get there quicker and stay there longer. Anyway, happy, happy, happy wishes to you. :-)

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Seems you've had enough or a wee bit too much

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if you start having visions like a chariot in the sky driven by flaming angels with four faces and six wings

Then We know what effects Ezekiel was under at the time...

If the police report says you told them you were driving such a chariot when they pulled you over,
then I suspect you are mixing something with your alcohol that Ezekiel didn't have access to...

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Seems you've had enough or a wee bit too much

As I was writing, just enough. To achieve that constant mellow...

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Starman
if you start having visions like a chariot in the sky driven by flaming angels with four faces and six wings

Then We know what effects Ezekiel was under at the time...

If the police report says you told them you were driving such a chariot when they pulled you over,
then I suspect you are mixing something with your alcohol that Ezekiel didn't have access to...

I knew a guy named Ezequiel, but he didn't drink.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Sitting here sipping some whisky, and have reached that magical point where you are just plain content.

Fleeting Happiness is just a momentary lapse of reality, best enjoy it while it lasts. .. grin

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Sitting here sipping some whisky, and have reached that magical point where you are just plain content.

Fleeting Happiness is just a momentary lapse of reality, best enjoy it while it lasts. .. grin

Oh, I've been happy many times. For example: I ran into Susie the other night...I knew enough to enjoy it while it lasted.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Galatians 5:

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh.
They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this
will not inherit the kingdom of God.

It occurred to me that one of the greatest things in God's intelligent design is the ability of certain substances
to cause us to get blitzed when consumed.

What was God thinking when He did that?

Seems God gave man every means to trip himself up...knowning that man is going to try most of them at some point.

If you are going to transgress at least do it with the help of best whisky you can afford.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I like whiskey also, Jack Daniels is my favorite

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Galatians 5:

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh.
They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this
will not inherit the kingdom of God.

It occurred to me that one of the greatest things in God's intelligent design is the ability of certain substances
to cause us to get blitzed when consumed.

What was God thinking when He did that?

Seems God gave man every means to trip himself up...knowning that man is going to try most of them at some point.

If you are going to transgress at least do it with the help of best whisky you can afford.

Re: Galatians 18, my favourite spirit is whisky. That whole thing you quoted is confusing, though.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by hanco
I like whiskey also, Jack Daniels is my favorite

Jack Daniels is a great ingredient.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put the bottle up and sleep now.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
[quote=mtnsnake]Put the bottle up and sleep now.[/quote
What's keeping you up? R U feeling ornery?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It may very well be that the impetus for civilization itself may be the desire of human beings to make and consume alcohol. That's a theory that's been put forward in the past 40 years, and I think it's true. The practice certainly pre-dates us as a species. It's been documented among apes.

For industrial alcohol production, most likely beer, you need grain and a stable organized group. You're not going to be able to do this ad-hoc in a cave and get anywhere with it. We see evidence developing in the Fertile Crescent. Right about the time you see grain being grown. You see beer production.

It makes a lot of sense. Intoxication is just a byproduct of the deal. The real goal here is pain reduction. When you're life expectancy is down around 25, living to the ripe old age of 40 must have been a grueling process.

When I started venturing to my wife's home county down on the KY/TN border, my wife's kin were absolutely amazed by my behavior. Before dinner every night, I'd pull out a flask and pour myself a Scotch. My MIL was the first to bring up the point. Down there, you either were a drunkard and a sinner, or you had repented alcohol entirely and joined the church. I was something wholly different. It took a few years before she realized that I was perfectly capable of giving myself a dose of Scotch every day without becoming a dipsomanic. I find that it quiets the mind, relaxes the joints and aids in digestion. I sleep more soundly and wake more refreshed.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by shaman
It may very well be that the impetus for civilization itself may be the desire of human beings to make and consume alcohol. That's a theory that's been put forward in the past 40 years, and I think it's true. The practice certainly pre-dates us as a species. It's been documented among apes.

For industrial alcohol production, most likely beer, you need grain and a stable organized group. You're not going to be able to do this ad-hoc in a cave and get anywhere with it. We see evidence developing in the Fertile Crescent. Right about the time you see grain being grown. You see beer production.

It makes a lot of sense. Intoxication is just a byproduct of the deal. The real goal here is pain reduction. When you're life expectancy is down around 25, living to the ripe old age of 40 must have been a grueling process.

When I started venturing to my wife's home county down on the KY/TN border, my wife's kin were absolutely amazed by my behavior. Before dinner every night, I'd pull out a flask and pour myself a Scotch. My MIL was the first to bring up the point. Down there, you either were a drunkard and a sinner, or you had repented alcohol entirely and joined the church. I was something wholly different. It took a few years before she realized that I was perfectly capable of giving myself a dose of Scotch every day without becoming a dipsomanic. I find that it quiets the mind, relaxes the joints and aids in digestion. I sleep more soundly and wake more refreshed.

Awesome post!

Thank you.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Whiskey river, take my mind!!!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I was there 6 hrs ago. Now it's 6:20am, I have to get to work and my head's pounding. 3 xl cups of coffee and all will be better. Rinse, wash, repeat.....

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Good night.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We are going dancing tonight, I plan on having some Jack!!

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Pity the poor ancients. Before the process of distilling was invented, the only way to make alcohol was by fermentation (beer or wine). Alcohol content was limited to 14%. Higher than that and the bacteria that cause the fermentation are poisoned.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (12344mag, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 61 invisible), 2,922 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,794
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.