Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I always thought Iran deserved it more than Iraq, but whatever.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Bristoe must be having a 60's flashback.
Found his tie dye t-shirt. peace sign and "make love not war" poster but forgot that the draft is finished.

Bolton could get our military to nuke most of the mideast into glass and I certainly wouldn't shed a tear.

So grab up your rifle and head over there.

Ain't nothing ever been worse than old fugs stirring up wars that young, wet behind the ears boys will have to fight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought it was funny and classical Bolton.

This was also pretty good...

https://politics.theonion.com/de-blasio-pac-spends-30-million-on-ads-urging-candidat-1834649740

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[bleep] Iran.
[b][/b]

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/17/19.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Found his tie dye t-shirt. peace sign and "make love not war" poster but forgot that the draft is finished.

Bolton could get our military to nuke most of the mideast into glass and I certainly wouldn't shed a tear.

Ain't nothing ever been worse than old fugs stirring up wars that young, wet behind the ears boys will have to fight.

That's a reasonable sentiment and I can sympathize...but when I try to come up with an alternative that doesn't come out of some 1969 hippy's diary I come up empty handed. There will always be wars, and that's just the way it is.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There will always be wars as long as there are folks willing to deceive the general public, and a general public willing to be deceived.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it's useful to dig a little deeper than that and explore the reasons why there are folks willing to deceive the general public. In truth, though, you cannot blindly trust ANYONE. Especially those peddling conspiracy theories.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I think it's useful to dig a little deeper than that and explore the reasons why there are folks willing to deceive the general public. In truth, though, you cannot blindly trust ANYONE. Especially those peddling conspiracy theories.

Anyone who says that the U.S.A. needs to be engaged in perpetual war in order to remain secure is, at best, a damn liar,...at worst, they're the Devil.

My inclination these days,...after damn near 2 consecutive decades of useless wars is,...they're the Devil.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reasonable sentiment. But I cannot say I know anyone who says that the U.S.A. needs to be engaged in perpetual war in order to remain secure.

Now, by their actions it doesn't seem like such a stretch to surmise that's the way someone (e.g., Bolton) might think...but, what would be telling is to know how Bolton would conduct such a war. Rules of engagement? He might promote the notion of going in quickly, break/kill what/who needs to be broken/killed, and GTFO. Or maybe completely defeat them, destroy their stuff, and dominate them for 70 years. Or maybe something in between. One thing is for certain: US foreign policy does NOT operate in some kind of vacuum, meaning it's not always "our" move first. It's a dynamic, and blaming a proactive and/or aggressive US foreign policy for all the trouble in the world is foolish.

Don't be the darkness.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
But I cannot say I know anyone who says that the U.S.A. needs to be engaged in perpetual war in order to remain secure.

They're everywhere. It's the American disease.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When old men do the fighting and young men are the cause, wars will become much rarer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Satire and the fire don’t mix.

200 geriatrics just sent this schit to their whole family.

+1

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But I cannot say I know anyone who says that the U.S.A. needs to be engaged in perpetual war in order to remain secure.

They're everywhere. It's the American disease.

Then I am sure you can very easily list the names of a hundred or so. No need for a hundred, though...ten accurate and genuine quotes will satisfy me.

Don't be the darkness.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by deflave
Satire and the fire don’t mix.

200 geriatrics just sent this schit to their whole family.

Niow that's funny!

Make it 201..... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Anyone who says that the U.S.A. needs to be engaged in perpetual war in order to remain secure is, at best, a damn liar,...at worst, they're the Devil.

My inclination these days,...after damn near 2 consecutive decades of useless wars is,...they're the Devil.

+1

Bolton has killed a lot of young Americans.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 05/17/19.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The first time I've gone to this onion of which I've heard lots about. I'll be sure to pay attention to the link addresses from now on. Still...it was kind of funny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

come on man be real....

..even when the gov was willing to issue them free of charge with a pile of ammunition and a regular pay packet,
and even do their laundry for them,
the blowhard sideline sabre rattlers on the CF wouldn't take up the offer.

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I always thought Iran deserved it more than Iraq, but whatever.

yet Israel always thought Iraq deserved it more than Iran.
hence why Israel supported Iran with military hardware in the Iran-Iraq war.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't always see eye to eye with Bristoe, but he's more right than wrong about this.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Anyone who doesn't clearly understand that Bolton is a War Hawk should refrain from any political or historical discussions.

Last edited by Harry M; 05/18/19.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 65 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,584
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.