Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

If you believed everything you read on the Campfire, you would be shooting under powered fast twisted cartridges and 6.5 Creedmoors. You would stay away from Leupold scopes, while the world outside the Campfire continues to find success with Leupold and without fast twist and Creedmoors...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
BP-B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have 25 plus Leupolds also, they work fine for me.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Good Morning Hanco,

I like the old Redfield Tombstone scope I got from you.

Best,

Chuck

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I used to buy a lot of m8 s here on the campfire.

I would have the seller ship to Leupold for a check up, and perhaps a new reticle.

Well over half of them needed new erectors. Which they did replace at no charge.

No one advertised their scopes as " broken" when they sold them to me.

So I wonder how many of us even know our Leupolds are " broken".

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

If you believed everything you read on the Campfire, you would be shooting under powered fast twisted cartridges and 6.5 Creedmoors. You would stay away from Leupold scopes, while the world outside the Campfire continues to find success with Leupold and without fast twist and Creedmoors...

Ain't that redundant?

And you left out ping-pong balls.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Hmm.

Well, no, not until every Campfire member who's ever owned a Leupold votes....

Fine, I've had a couple FX 6 power optics and a couple Redfield Revolution optics. The only issues was with a 2-7 Revolution(not going into details, but my fault). They fixed it and had it back to me in 3 weeks. They seemed fine to me.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
The problem is the optics world has changed. We are asking our scopes to do far far more than we did 20 years ago. We are asking them to adjust with precision and reliability. Leupold and most rifle scopes for that matter work just fine as set it and forget it scopes. As long as you don't mess with the adjustments its likely you will be just fine with the scope. Leupold didn't realize this was a problem they needed to address.

My scope needs have not changed in the last 20 years or 50 years for that matter. This is probably why Leupolds are still good to go for me. My scopes are on hunting rifles and I have no need to spin the dials. I have not doubt there are scopes with better adjustments, but all I need is clear glass with a usable reticle, for the zero to not change once I set it and for the scope to not fog. There's nothing beyond the old the Vari X II that benefits me and my main hiunting rifle even wears an old Weaver K4-1.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

It is horribly evident Leupolds are popular ......where else can one buy a $ 250.00 Leupold for $ 325.00 but the Campfire ???

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I used to buy a lot of m8 s here on the campfire.

I would have the seller ship to Leupold for a check up, and perhaps a new reticle.

Well over half of them needed new erectors. Which they did replace at no charge.

No one advertised their scopes as " broken" when they sold them to me.

So I wonder how many of us even know our Leupolds are " broken".

Not many, I'd guess, including me much of the time, and not just Leupolds.

Last year I killed two deer, both at about 35 yards, but with a crossbow, not a rifle. I also passed on some at about the same distance while carrying my fast-twist, under-powered rifle (stuffed with ping-pong balls BTW). My VX-5 HD would've had to have been pretty futzed up to have made me miss those deer I passed on, and if a bullet had landed somewhere unexpected, I'd likely have blamed it on something other than my scope, at least until the next time I put it on paper.

One thing I have to say about many younger shooters, even those who don't (yet) appreciate the wonders of Mausers, Sakos, lever-guns, and falling blocks, is that they often put their equipment on paper, and thus reveal problems that once-a-year guys don't ever see because they drag out old Betsy a week (or a day) before the season, fire one or two to check their zero, and call it good, even if they leave the range with a slight nagging feeling about the shot that was a bit off.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by peeshooter
There are paid shills that bash certain brands on forums. Not saying this is happening here, just take everything with a grain or two of salt.

This is 100% accurate and I believe extremely prevalent with brands who don’t actually design build product but source and market.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Clynn
Mule deer , your opinion on the current state of Leupold ?
worlds worst person to ask for an accurate opinion, a magazine writer because if they say bad things the companies pull advertising. My brother is an automotive journalist for among others the New York Times. They have to be very careful about what they say because all ford has to do is say umm we are spending 50k a month with guys, not anymore. Same with leupold

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It all started with medical marijuana.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
worlds worst person to ask for an accurate opinion, a magazine writer because if they say bad things the companies pull advertising. My brother is an automotive journalist for among others the New York Times. They have to be very careful about what they say because all ford has to do is say umm we are spending 50k a month with guys, not anymore. Same with leupold

F u c k i n g i d i o t

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348

English, ye walk the path of damnation! The elders expect ye to use Zeiss or Steiner!

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lets put it this way Ive bought a lot of scopes in 72 years for guns Leupolds had trouble with one sent back they sent a new one that was on a 270 . I've use them all because of money high to low ends. They are all good for the job. I bought a 25.00 scope changes red to green u would think junk I don't think so right up there with the Bushnell, Tasco, Simmons.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

English, ye walk the path of damnation! The elders expect ye to use Zeiss or Steiner!

[Linked Image]

Not really up on my Amish; so if a feller (say, a friend) were to sport a belt along with his suspenders, would he end up spending Eternity in Heck?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by cisco1

Good Morning Hanco,

I like the old Redfield Tombstone scope I got from you.

Best,

Chuck

Glad you like the old Redfield, I still have one or three or four of them. They are still damn fine scopes. I killed a bunch of deer and pigas with them. I had as many as 30 at one time.

Thanks again,
Hanco

Last edited by hanco; 05/18/19.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

[Linked Image]

Not really up on my Amish; so if a feller (say, a friend) were to sport a belt along with his suspenders, would he end spending Eternity in Heck?

Absolutely. A belt is finery. Ye shall not present thyself as a high toned or vain man!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

I would trust JB to give an honest assessment or none at all .

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by whitearrow
oh boy here we go.
put on ya rubber boots boys,
Big Ed

Boots? It’s too late for your boots! Save your watch ! ! !😀

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
543 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.