Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Down here in Utah (the second driest state) we normally measure rain storms in hundredths of an inch. A half-incher is a gully washer and we typically get a bit more than 16 inches of rain plus snow melt a year. That's for perspective...

Yesterday, we got 1.75" of rain, bringing us to 3.04" for this month so far, and 22.27" for the rain year (starting October 1). There's 0.32" in my rain gauge already this morning, and it may keep raining through Tuesday.

This much rain has caused house-destroying rock slides in the past very near here. We normally ignore rumbling noises as caused by Hill AFB jets, but a lot of folks are going to be on high alert for other rumbles now, I guarantee!

Darn Rocky, That’s Amazon rainfall compared to us. Last calendar year, we had the wettest year since we moved here (2000), we went just over 10” total precip! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Getting about 1/4" a day. I've been working on trenching and burying two miles of ditch. The crew is pumping water out of the ditch with a 3" and a 4" pump and can't get it out fast enough to glue pipe. By the time I get there to bury it's full of water, have to chase it to the end. Getting very tired of 13 hour days on the excavator.

I'm over the rain.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of the best updates on the current snow in Montana is go to Big Sky Fishing-----click on Montana Web Cams and you can see that it is snowing in a lot of places right now.

still raining here, but the hills out of town are white!

Last edited by kennymauser; 05/18/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
28” for the year so far. 45” is our annual here in SWMO Supposed to get an inch today.

Saw some hay down earlier in the week that got put up dry. Miracle between the storms. Was hard for the corn to get planted. Most hadn’t got any in by the time they’d normally be done planting.

Last edited by Cheesy; 05/18/19.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sitting at 8 tenths right now. Ground is white too.

Was hoping for a bit more....but its still good.

The county has been dry.

Might be up to 2 inches now for the year.

Glad for the moisture Sam. We are in a similar situation....still seeding and calving.

The grass FINALLY came on some so we at least got to quit feeding.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sam, got about 6 drops of rain on my windshield yesterday evening here in Minot! Cold! SW NoDak is supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow today. Not here tho.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by kroo88
Sam, 6/10” yesterday and it’s been snowing since 4:00 am south of the Sweet Grass Hills.

Bought a bull over in Harlem yesterday and looked like Havre had quite a bit more rain.

Kroo88, who did you buy your bull from in Harlem?

Larry Klingaman

http://www.ourkidsandcows.com/klingaman-cattle/

Last edited by kroo88; 05/18/19.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
We’re headed to an auction down by Carter today. See if the crowd wants to stand in the mud and snow.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Snowing like crazy in Glendive, 34 degrees, 15 to 20 winds, and I can see some guys down on the river in a jet boat fishing?

MOLON LABE
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You bought from Larry?

Ha! We went to school together. I took an EMT class with his wife.

Nice family.

Kroo88!

See what that swather sells for. I was gonna go to that sale but couldn't find anyone to go with me.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You bought from Larry?

Ha! We went to school together. I took an EMT class with his wife.

Nice family.

Kroo88!

See what that swather sells for. I was gonna go to that sale but couldn't find anyone to go with me.

Ya, found his name under the Chinook sale banner. Good guy to deal with.

Jim, thought I’d spot you at the sale barn yesterday. You can bid on line too.

Last edited by kroo88; 05/18/19.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I was trying to die from a hangover.

Nearly got it done!

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Dry Hood River to SpookCan. Now wet.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I guess I'm gonna wait a few more days before heading east for my APR trip. I don't like gumbo, and the rain will make my photographs even greener.
The weather pattern has been really odd, the action is all coming from the southeast and pushing the wrong way over the mountains here. Glad for the moisture but am ready for things to warm up.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SW Alberta has had light rain pretty steady since Wednesday afternoon. Looks like another couple of days before it stops. Could get snow in some areas. Temps are not much above freezing at night.

It appears the weather pattern is hovering over eastern Montana. The rotation is counter clockwise. That pattern always means an extended precipitation pattern in this country. Rain/snow combined with a SE wind means wet for the near future.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Light rain but a Walmart truck off the road about 40 yards damned near to the river, east of St Regis. Line of folks (civilians, women and kids) offloading it's cargo in a brigade line into another trailer sitting on the shoulder. St Regis FD overseeing. Looks redneck as hell.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 05/18/19.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Light rain but a Walmart truck off the road about 40 yards damned near to the river, east of St Regis. Line of folks (civilians, women and kids) offloading it's cargo in a brigade line into another trailer sitting on the shoulder. St Regis FD overseeing. Looks redneck as hell.

Some small town wrecker business is making bank on that job along with his whole family. Probably the most exciting thing to happen in St Regis in years.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Some small town wrecker business is making bank on that job along with his whole family. Probably the most exciting thing to happen in St Regis in years.

Yep. They was all smiles! YeeHaa

If that was in Townsend, I think the whole town would turn out to watch.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 05/18/19.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 57 invisible), 3,267 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,301
Posts18,468,064
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.