Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
That time of year again going to sell a few hunts to help offset some cost. I have several farms that you will have access to. You can shoot one buck of your choose and one buck 8pt or better also 2 does. Hunts will start around lunch time on Friday and end Sunday afternoon when you finish hunting that evening. You will have roughly 15-18 stands to choose from. There is a small local motel that gives me reduced rates and several places in town to eat. We will start running a few cameras in the next few weeks. Several of the boxes blinds are big enough for two to sit in together each stand is baited 950.00 per person. We are probable only going to sell 4-5 hunts. Bow season starts 2nd week in Sept. Gun season starts second Saturday in October. We will also have a few bear hunts not sure of the dates yet they have not come out, Bear hunt is for 4 days 2,000 up front and 1000 more when you shoot. 4 hunters shot 4 bears last year. This is also still hunting over bait. Thanks Tom 252-287-8867.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
what size are your AVERAGE bears?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tom I may be interested in bringing my son back again this fall. Will be in contact with you soon.

Last edited by 444Matt; 05/18/19.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Tom, just trying to be helpful and avoid confusion. Still hunting involves very quiet, slow stalking of the animal. It sounds like you are offering stand hunting.

T.S.

Formerly TexasShooter - joined in 2010, well over 1,000 posts. Had login issues and had to use an account from 2011. I am now a "new member". LOL

NRA Endowment Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Proud Trump Supporter!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Can you tell what part of Eastern NC are you located or hunting ?

Thanks
Rick

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
TS,
In NC and several other eastern states bears and deer can be hunted with dogs. Here, it's either dog hunting (running) or still hunting (not running).

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My son and I went with Tom last year and we will rebook again. We had a great time even though the weather didn’t help us out.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Dinny
TS,
In NC and several other eastern states bears and deer can be hunted with dogs. Here, it's either dog hunting (running) or still hunting (not running).

Thanks, Dinny

Thanks Dinny. I was referring to Tom's statement on bear hunting "This is also still hunting over bait." The "also" relates to the deer hunting in box blinds. I'm pretty sure he's confusing terms but I'll leave it at that. As I recall, NC produces some big bears!

I'd like to hunt black bear in the lower 48. All of my bear hunts have been in Canada - Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. If I ever get around to it, NC and Maine will be my likely choices. Hunting black bears is great fun!

T.S..

Formerly TexasShooter - joined in 2010, well over 1,000 posts. Had login issues and had to use an account from 2011. I am now a "new member". LOL

NRA Endowment Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Proud Trump Supporter!
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
We are in the North East corner of NC we hunt Halifax, Northampton and a little bit of Hertford county. Most of our bears will average 250-350 pounds we always a few on camera that are a lot bigger but just like deer they are harder to hunt. All of the hunting will be out of some sort of blind. Thanks

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by WasTexasShooter
Originally Posted by Dinny
TS,

Thanks, Dinny

Thanks Dinny. I was referring to Tom's statement on bear hunting "This is also still hunting over bait." The "also" relates to the deer hunting in box blinds. I'm pretty sure he's confusing terms but I'll leave it at that. As I recall, NC produces some big bears!

I'd like to hunt black bear in the lower 48. All of my bear hunts have been in Canada - Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. If I ever get around to it, NC and Maine will be my likely choices. Hunting black bears is great fun!

T.S..

Just a note here, in NC and SC still hunting usually refers to hunting from a stand or box blind. To us slipping or stalking is what you would consider still hunting.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Ha! I guess use of terms varies in different localities. My understanding of the term as a slow and quiet stalk is pretty universal. Just Search the term "Still Hunting".

Still-hunt
[ˈstilhənt]
VERB
still-hunting (present participle)
hunt game stealthily; stalk.

That said, I think we've beat this horse enough. :-)

T.S.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I still hunt and probably will until my last day. Lol

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
That's always been my preferred method too Dinny. Quietly moving through the woods and encountering game is an exciting and productive way to hunt.

Best regards,

Russell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve had a few people private message me about my experience so I thought I would post this here for those that might also be interested. I hunted deer with my young son three years ago. Due to scheduling conflicts of my own I ended up having to make the hunt in December. It was past their rut and on a full moon with Weather in the teens, we only saw one doe which we took. I chalked up the lack of seeing deer to the full moon and mostly Hunting with a seven-year-old who was not very good at being still or quiet. Tom has access to more land now and I’m considering going again this time as close to their rut as possible.Tom was a great host providing the hunt/camping experience we were looking for. We stayed in a small cabin he has. Just two bunks and and a wood burning stove. No electricity or water. It was a father son bonding trip with memories that will last a lifetime.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NICE!!!

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I booked with Tom a few years ago and camped in the cabin. There are lots of deer in the area. I rattled in a nice 8pt, but was holding out for bigger. A great value hunt.

Who is John Galt?
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Some dates are booked still have some good weekends

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
TTT

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Still have some hunts left

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Bear hunts are spoken for still have some deer hunts

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
711 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,690 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.