Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I think we DO get some of the worst here in the DFW area, but so does OKC. It seems like one or the other is always the recipient of nature's wrath.

We got strong storms this morning. Golf ball sized hail in southwest OKC where I live. It is starting to clear now.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wtxj
I happen to be in that storm, right now.
No golf game to watch, dish don't work in the rain.

lol, true, but the Dish people will try to argue about that and say it takes a really hard rain to affect it.
Not even close..

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It's about 1pm here south of Gainesville on Elm creek. My rain gage show 4inchs this morning . That makes over a foot in the last 3 weeks. It will quit though always does. For months at a time. Then everybody starts bitchin' and prayin' for rain then it will rain for months and it starts all over again.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That damn storm kept me awake most of the night. Lots of lightning and thunder and 3 inches of rain as it passed through here. Luckily no hail or tornadoes though.

Looks like you DFW & OK boys are getting hammered right now!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
That damn storm kept me awake most of the night. Lots of lightning and thunder and 3 inches of rain as it passed through here. Luckily no hail or tornadoes though.

Good deal!

I saw some damage close to Abilene, and thought about you. Glad to know it wasn't destructive on your place!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It appears to be over in my neck of the woods. All we got was some very dark skies (persisting, too) and a little over two inches of rain.

I hope you fellas to the east of me fare well!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Where are you RiverRider? My son is over in McKinney. Hope he doesn't get hailed out over there.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Southeast corner of Wise County, about ten miles west of Texas Motor Speedway off 114.

This is really a great site for monitoring storms in this locale:

Radar link DFW weather

It has buttons that show where hail is, and other stuff. I use this when there's rough weather. Scares the hell outa me sometimes, but everyone likes a horror flick now and then I think.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Good deal!

I saw some damage close to Abilene, and thought about you. Glad to know it wasn't destructive on your place!

Thanks Barry. Tornado here made the National News this evening.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Local news said nearly 100 homes damaged in Abilene.
No injuries luckily.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Southeast corner of Wise County, about ten miles west of Texas Motor Speedway off 114.

This is really a great site for monitoring storms in this locale:

Radar link DFW weather

It has buttons that show where hail is, and other stuff. I use this when there's rough weather. Scares the hell outa me sometimes, but everyone likes a horror flick now and then I think.

Glad you’re OK buddy. Me and the RV & Kitty survived too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,463
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.