Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
Heard Trudeau is putting in an order in council to ban handguns.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
that is some of the stuff he will ban assault weapons my ass i dont own one but did a little research and only been used in a crime once in Canada.the traitor is out to destroy Canada and turn it into a muslim country. if u dont think so just check out his record

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a theory------------ based on nothing but observation of people's history.

Here it is:
Most Canadians I have met in my life were pretty normal and intelligent people, but largely laid back and non-confrontational. Because of their non-confrontational nature they would be prime targets for vote fraud and because of their intelligence I CANNOT be convinced that Turdeau could win a popular vote.

Yes he is a tool of the international communist party, and yes he is going to use the Muslim invasion to destroy the nation of Canada, so that "the Government" can later come to your rescue and "save" you all from the problem (Which they designed and implemented just to get the folks up there to accept total government control under a communist head.) Yes, he is in place for the specific reason of destroying the sovereignty of Canada.

I think Trudeau is Canada's Obama, and he is NOT a person that was elected, but your voting machines are rigged by the Globalists,(just like they are in the USA, and only in our last election was it brought into open discussion and stopped. Note: Clinton got 11 million illegal votes before it was stopped, and when it was stopped she didn't get stripped of any of those votes, but to this day the left tried to convince us she "won the popular vote". BS!!! Another outright lie of the Left)

But the average laid-back Canadian will not flex his muscles or withhold taxes to force the issues to the surface.

Why do I believe this?

Because I have seen it in other nations that fell to the Communists, and it's a very standard M.O. that has been used before on several occasions.
All people are told that "they voted for Communism".

Very few do, and only the very stupidest and the of most ignorant of history could be convinced to even consider a vote for such insanity.

But MOST will believe "lots of others did".

I think it's a huge lie! The majority of your people are not stupid. They are however fooled into believing the majority is that stupid. It's just "someone else".
That's the only reason Trudeau is still in office. That's my theory anyway.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A gun ban is all the Liberals can pull out of their bag of tricks, they aren't very creative as they do this everytime they are in power. Their support has tanked so this is all they have, Trudeau is a puppet.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If he does this, it will seal his fate. The instant I heard about it, I immediately increased my monthly donations to the Conservative party. I am sure tens of thousands of others did also.

He is a threat to Canada, no doubt about it.

But a Conservative wave has been sweeping Canada the last couple years, and I think he will be soundly defeated

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Partsman
Heard Trudeau is putting in an order in council to ban handguns.

Partsman;
Good morning and Happy Victoria Day to you all, I hope this finds you all well.

Honestly I'm no longer surprised when Mr. Dressup does something such as this, just continuously more dismayed.....

While a part of me hopes he doesn't do something ridiculous like banning handguns, the other part of me wouldn't mind if he continued to show his true colors to Canadians.

Although I've posted this previously Parts, I'm reminded of a conversation I had with a buddy who happens to be a career LEO - starting in Winnipeg, then Langley and finally Abbotsford PD, doing a stretch as major crimes detective there.

I asked him if he'd ever seen a legally obtained handgun used in a crime, and he asked, "Not stolen? Then no - never"

We're not the problem, never have been and never will be. Taking the handguns out of my safe where they've been behaving for nearly 40 years isn't going to make anyone any safer anywhere.

The galling thing is that Bill Blair knows that tidbit of fact too - but he's on the payroll as he has been for years and to expect anything resembling truth or honesty from him on the subject of gun control would be wasting one's time in my view.

Interesting times for sure Partsman, as always time will tell, will it not?

All the best to you all as you migrate west. Do give me a shout when you land and we'll do coffee sometime.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Taking over where Obongo left off ???

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
You have to remember, Blair was a police chief. That means he’s a politician. It’s the nature of the job to be political and you don’t get the job unless you’re left-leaning, because city councils, which do the hiring, are left leaning.

That’s the biggest problem I have with municipal politics - no party affiliations. But you know who the Dippers are, and they all get their start in municipal politics.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think that if the sock puppet tried a move like that there would be mass disobedience similar to what recently happened in Quebec when the gun owners there told the provincial government to screw off with their new "Made in Quebec" gun registry.

I can't see the Queens Cowboys going door to door to round up the 3 or 4 million handguns and scary "black rifles" that are legally owned by voting taxpayers.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rope, blood, late nights.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sincerely hope this is a " final straw moment" for our friends to the North and you end up with "shall issue concealed carry laws" in reaction to Trudeau's over reach.....

Abortion is an extremely divisive issue in the USA.... opposing factions had deescalated some on the issue some until the extreme Left started legislating for open infanticide.... now States are passing "heart beat laws"

I thought the article below was an interesting analyses. I sure hope Canada has a "Gun Rights meets Newton's Laws of Motion" reaction to Trudeau's latest treachery! Do you think that could happen up there?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/05/abortion_meets_newtons_laws_of_motion.html

May 20, 2019
Abortion Meets Newton’s Laws of Motion
By Brian Joondeph

Newton’s third law of motion states, “For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.” Although Newton was describing the movement of physical objects, it turns out his laws are also predictive of political issues, the latest example being abortion.
Think of Newton’s third law as overreach and pushback. In politics we see this frequently. Sequential presidents are often of different political parties and philosophies, meaning that after four, or usually eight years of action in one direction, there is an equal push in the opposite direction with a new administration of a different political party.
Abortion provides a good example of Newton’s law, particularly this year with legislative pushback, an equal and opposite reaction to in this case, Democrat overreach.
Abortion was in a steady state, a truce of sorts between opposing views, after Roe v. Wade was handed down by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1973. The high court ruled that a right to privacy trumped states’ rights to regulate abortion, resulting in a court-determined right to abortion during the first two trimesters of pregnancy.
Casey v Planned Parenthood in 1992 provided further clarification, eliminating an arbitrary third trimester prohibition but instead permitting abortion only until fetal viability, typically in the late second trimester.
In the mid-1990s, the official position of the Clinton Administration was that abortion should be “safe, legal, and rare”. This position was a reasonable compromise, given the two Supreme Court rulings and unlikelihood of Roe being overturned. Although not ideal for either side of the abortion issue, it created a truce.
Not content, the left couldn’t leave well enough alone. They challenged the axiom, “perfect is the enemy of good”, and kept pushing against any limits on abortion. Planned Parenthood thrived under taxpayer largess, but actually against the will of many taxpayers. The abhorrent practices of Planned Parenthood selling baby parts like a chop shop sells auto parts, was offensive to the sensibilities of most Americans.
Newton’s pendulum was beginning to swing a bit too far on one direction. Democrats, as they are prone to do, were overreaching on this issue. If the action is small and insidious, according to Newton, so will be the reaction. But that’s not how it is playing out.
Democrats, channeling Frank Sinatra and his famous song about New York, thought that if they could expand abortion there, they could expand it anywhere.
Their first overreach was in New York State earlier this year when lawmakers applauded a bill that legalized abortion up to the time of birth. A standing ovation for legalized infanticide was a strong action and Newton was readying a reaction. The city lights of New York City may glow pink in celebration, but most people don’t share in the glee.
Next came Virginia, where a proposed bill allowing post-birth abortion, also known as infanticide, fortunately did not pass. Virginia Governor Ralph “Coonman” Northam, a former pediatric neurologist defended the bill in a radio interview, talking about how a full-term baby, after a failed abortion, “would be kept comfortable; the infant would be resuscitated, if that's what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”
Further action in one direction and Newton was now ready to give the left a big-league physics lesson.
First came the fetal heartbeat laws, restricting abortion after a heartbeat can be detected. Depending on how it’s detected, this can occur in the five to seven-week range, well within the first trimester. Ohio, Mississippi, and Georgia have passed such laws.
The left howled in outrage. Hollywood wants to boycott Georgia for filmmaking, despite the 92,000 jobs provided for Georgia residents. Actress Alyssa Milano called for a sex strike over the abortion bill. Ironically liberal women not having sex and becoming pregnant will only hurt Planned Parenthood’s abortion business, something Milano apparently didn’t ponder before tweeting her proposed sex strike.
Newton’s reaction was stronger in Alabama where this week an even more restrictive abortion bill was enacted. This law “Would ban abortion -- with the exception of when the life of the mother is in jeopardy -- in all circumstances.” Going further, the law, “Could punish doctors who perform abortions with life in prison.”
Other states are pushing back as well – Missouri, Mississippi, and Kentucky – to name a few. Each state slightly more or less restrictive than their neighbors, but a strong reaction to Democrats pushing abortion into the realm of infanticide. Missouri’s legislature just passed an eight-week abortion ban.
Alabama is not just pushing back against abortion overreach. Instead the state is hammering at the foundation, namely the Roe decision itself. The bill’s sponsor in the Alabama Senate, Sen. Clyde Chambliss, describes his intentions:
The way that this bill is drafted -- it goes to ask the question of personhood. The 14th Amendment gives people, a person the right to life, liberty and property. But it doesn’t say when a person becomes a person. Obviously, if somebody is walking around, we know that’s a person. In the womb, do we know if that is a person or not? Unborn babies can hear, they can feel -- at what point can they hear and feel and think and feel pain.
We need some guidance from the Supreme Court. So this bill has been drafted so that it goes directly to that question. It goes to the Supreme Court, hopefully. And we do expect it to be ruled unconstitutional at the lower court. It has to be. It has no choice because they have to follow Supreme Court precedent. That’s no surprise. We know that’s going to happen. We know that will be found unconstitutional on appeal, but hopefully, we’ll have the Supreme Court to take up the matter. And we hope and we feel that the Supreme Court will rule this law constitutional because it gets to that personhood issue that is so, so important.
Couple this with a recent Supreme Court decision, Franchise Board v. Hyatt, a low-profile case with big time implications, that reversed a previous Court decision, or the legal principle of stare decisis. If the high court can toss away “let the decision stand” regarding something as mundane as states being sued by a private party, why can’t they do the same with Roe, or same sex marriage, or a host of other “settled law” decisions?
We don’t know if the Alabama law will make it all the way to the Supreme Court or how it might be decided, but the table is now set for a decision overturning Roe and leaving the abortion issue to the states, just as the Tenth Amendment prescribes.
Alyssa Milano can have a full-term abortion in New York if she so pleases, but not in Alabama. That’s the principle of federalism. Similarly if she wants to gamble, she has plenty of states giving her that option, but not in Hawaii or Utah.
The left pushed too far on abortion and Newton’s law of motion is now pushing back in a way they didn’t anticipate and don’t appreciate. This is a microcosm of pushback, something we see frequently from President Trump, much to the dismay of those who still haven’t accepted the fact that he won the 2016 election.

Please don't feed the trolls!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by szihn
I have a theory------------ based on nothing but observation of people's history.

Here it is:
Most Canadians I have met in my life were pretty normal and intelligent people, but largely laid back and non-confrontational. Because of their non-confrontational nature they would be prime targets for vote fraud and because of their intelligence I CANNOT be convinced that Turdeau could win a popular vote.

Yes he is a tool of the international communist party, and yes he is going to use the Muslim invasion to destroy the nation of Canada, so that "the Government" can later come to your rescue and "save" you all from the problem (Which they designed and implemented just to get the folks up there to accept total government control under a communist head.) Yes, he is in place for the specific reason of destroying the sovereignty of Canada.

I think Trudeau is Canada's Obama, and he is NOT a person that was elected, but your voting machines are rigged by the Globalists,(just like they are in the USA, and only in our last election was it brought into open discussion and stopped. Note: Clinton got 11 million illegal votes before it was stopped, and when it was stopped she didn't get stripped of any of those votes, but to this day the left tried to convince us she "won the popular vote". BS!!! Another outright lie of the Left)

But the average laid-back Canadian will not flex his muscles or withhold taxes to force the issues to the surface.

Why do I believe this?

Because I have seen it in other nations that fell to the Communists, and it's a very standard M.O. that has been used before on several occasions.
All people are told that "they voted for Communism".

Very few do, and only the very stupidest and the of most ignorant of history could be convinced to even consider a vote for such insanity.

But MOST will believe "lots of others did".

I think it's a huge lie! The majority of your people are not stupid. They are however fooled into believing the majority is that stupid. It's just "someone else".
That's the only reason Trudeau is still in office. That's my theory anyway.

Excellent post and spot on....

part of the problem tho, is conservatives...

they need to get their asses off the couch and stop thinking " the liberals always win, so why bother?"

that is the attitude of plenty of conservatives here in Oregon...

Conservatives outnumber liberals by a wide margin... yet it is the communist liberals that get out and and get people to vote.... and then, they help their side along with voter fraud etc...

I don't believe for a second Obama was legitimately elected the first time, much less the second...

Communism's main M.O. is to destroy and all status quo in any country and then move in and set up a new society, based on their ideologies....

and face it, where ever you go....Liberalism, Leftist, "democRATic", "progressive", Globalism... are just new buzz words for the plain old every day Garden variety COMMUNIST.... nothing more, nothing less...

Communism's biggest strength is conservative apathy....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You have no idea what you're talking about. It's not even an educated opinion.

Conservatives here have never thought that "Liberals always win so why bother."

Conservatives here do not outnumber Liberals by a large margin. Where do you get your information? *Last election's popular vote saw the Liberals with 6,930,136 votes. 5,600,496 voted for the Conservatives.

Obama, and your election, has nothing to do with what is happening in Canada in 2019.

I suspect you are a Communist. We don't have that problem here.

Conservatives here are hardly apathetic. Yours is an disorganized, unfocused rant. Go back to sleep.
---

Liberals have formed the government more than the Conservatives - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_federal_parliaments

The latest Nanos poll - How are the Conservatives and Liberals doing as we head toward the next election?
http://www.nanos.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Political-Package-2019-05-10-FR.pdf

* The results of last federal election. Sunny ways. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2015_Canadian_federal_election

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Trudeau is nothing like Obama. Obama was far, far, to the right of Trudeau. If Trudeau bans handguns, a whole bunch of handguns will be "stolen" and will disappear. They will re-appear when the ban is rescinded by the next government.
Gun owners need to be treated more like drug addicts. We need more safe shooting sites. Government sposored encounter groups; a safe place for shooters to gather and not be judged. A network of first responders who could show up with free handouts in the event of a reloading supply shortage. Gun looneys are people too. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Again I'll ask our Canadian members..... ". I sure hope Canada has a "Gun Rights meets Newton's Laws of Motion" reaction to Trudeau's latest treachery! Do you think that could happen up there?

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally posted by Cameron SS on the Canadian GunNutz forum. His response is one of the better ones I have seen.

Originally Posted by Cameron SS
First, it is not the Liberals who give 30 days notice. The Canadian Firearms Program revokes your registration certificate and it is the CFP that gives 30 days to comply. And they have ALWAYS given 30 days regardless of what government was in power.

30 days is not an arbitrary amount of time. The firearms act gives you 30 days to appeal a revocation, and the 30 day compliance window is to allow you to file an appeal. Once you file the appeal the revocation is stayed until the judge settles it.

No one is interested in getting an injunction to an OIC because in order for it to work you need to know the wording of the regulation before its published which is almost impossible. Its also unnecessary.

Familiarize yourself with the details of the administration of law and you will realize that a ban by OIC is nothing to fear, and if you want Trudeau to lose the next election it is actually something to hope for, as long as you possess the stones to fight it.

Walk with me. (Metaphorically)
Government bans (hypothetically) handguns by OIC on June 1st. Regulations typically require 30 days before coming into force, in order to allow the affected government department time to respond, but let's assume Justin goes full retard and it comes into force immediately. The CFP gets notified, reviews the law and realizes approximately 900,000 restricted firearms and 100,000 prohibited firearms, all handguns, are registered and those registrations must be revoked.
By law, revocations need to be sent registered mail. That's almost 1 million pieces of correspondence that need to generated, reviewed, stuffed in an envelop and posted. Thats one green sheet of paper for the address, one for the revocation notice, and possibly one for a new registration certificate if grandfathered status permits ownership as a prohib. Go to your local office supply store and look at how many boxes three million pieces of paper is. Imagine 1 million envelopes. Ask your mail man how many letters he can deliver in a day. The roll out of this will be anything but quick.

The CFP is already allegedly having trouble with their printers keeping up with the routine issuance of 400,000 licenses annually. You think that the CFP is just going to up and deliver 1 million pieces of registered mail at the drop of a hat?

It will take months and it will be a gong show. Summer vacation is coming and the CFP has been chronically undermanned already. The malingerers will all take stress leave and the union will be stepping in to signal crushing workloads and lobbying for more staff. There will be an epic number of complains when other routine work goes undone, and their performance standards will drop below the acceptable service standards to such an extent that managers performance bonuses will be affected; The first time a manager throws a hissy fit there will be accusations of toxic work place, investigations etc.

The CFP simply does not have the manpower tools or funding to roll out mass revocation of registration certificates. To contract that would take months and probably involve privacy violations. Either way the costs will be significant and immediate.

Slowly, eventually, the revocation notices will start to show up. They will allow 30 days for compliance. By now we are well in July, with the seizure notice effective in August. Just in time to ruin everyone's summer vacation and when the media will be hunting for some salacious political happenings in the middle of the summer doldrums. Gun owners everyone vowing non compliance. Others claiming its impossible to comply due to a lack of responsiveness from the CFP. Local forces will claim way too cash strapped chasing actual criminals to follow up. Municipal forces still haven't followed up with the half a million prohibited handguns that went dark after the last round of bans 20 years ago. This will make news, and in a bad way for government, right in time to kick off the election.

Every revocation notice is supposed to include instructions for filing a S74 judicial review. Every single person subject to revocation is entitled to review by a provincial judge. Now we are certain to lose that appeal, but that's not the point. First, filing the appeal buys you time, as I mentioned, the revocation noticed is on hold until the judge settles it. Second, if even 20% of affected owners filed appeals, we would be talking 50k to 100k court cases that must be handled by an already overloaded legal system where legit murderers are being acquitted due to excessive delays in court times. With 100k judicial reviews on the books crown prosecutors will be first in line begging the government to rescind the revocations, otherwise more murderers will walk free. Organized criminals will take note. The provinces would need to create whole new courts just to handle the backlog and demand the federal government to cover the costs while the media will be there asking at what cost and at what benefit. While the gun orgs may not have the resources to fight to the fight directly, they will be advocating everyone file their judicial review application. And not only is this a perfectly legitimate exercise of our legal rights, its also an excellent PR stunt and act of civil disobedience that will force the government's hand.

Not exactly something the liberals will enjoy campaigning on and even the NDP would campaign on putting an end to it, especially with thousands of gun owners in every single riding begging any party that will listen to put an end to it.

Under normal circumstances it takes months, 6 or more, for the court to get around to handling revocation reviews. With that many all at once it will take years, which is plenty of time for the next government to reverse.

Now, remember that per section 12.8 of the firearms, all guns prohibited by OIC are entitled to grandfathering. Banning by oic can't change that. Only legislation can. So the government goes through the ass pain of the ban and doesn't actually get to remove any guns from circulation.

Further, 12.6.1 handguns are already banned and grandfathered. Even if they were banned again by OIC, only legislation can repeal the original grandfathering because it is baked into the firearms act. So even if a new handgun ban by OIC was successful the ban would ironically let the allegedly more dangerous handguns stay in circulation while trying to seize the longer barreled sport pistols. A curious irony that no Liberal will be able to convincingly explain.

If anyone in the Liberal party had two brain cells to rub together (remains to be seen) there is no way they would ban anything by OIC this close to an election. And as we already know, there isn't any time for legislation. While the Liberals may be stupid enough or desperate enough to try, if you familiarize yourself with the logistics you quickly realize it is nothing to be afraid of.

The only thing to fear is a future government that has a four year majority and the determination to stay the course. Then there will be some tough choices ahead.

Between now and October the only thing guns owners need to do is take a deep breath, shoot all summer and help an unlicensed friend get their license, help a licensed friend buy their first restricted, and be vigilant. If a revocation notice comes file your application for judicial review get your court date and vote accordingly.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
when America gets done with the south wall "Mexican border wall" , then maybe America should then start on a north wall with Canada,maybe a couple Canadian Provinces will join America and leave Canada and keep all their gun rights ? > this liberal gun disease to take away any gun needs change and Canada - England is part of the problem and are to close to us ! i live by the north border and believe its almost funny how foolish its getting at the border with guns ,so many of us just quit going into Canada.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by persiandog

Persiandog, that's called the CHC (Canadian Half-Capone) Approach: just the kind word. No gun.
We're generally pretty polite up here, and so are the bears. I'm a little surprised he didn't also apologize for shooing them away.

Many of us have a similar message for Mr. Trudeau, to be delivered politely in October: "We need you to go. We have to get to work. Hope you enjoyed 24 Sussex Drive."

Last edited by Stuart; 05/26/19.

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

684 members (10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,847
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.