Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Finally put a relatively modern scope (Leupold M8 3x) on my 1949 Winchester Model 70 in .257 Roberts.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It's a mid-distance relationship,
But with 1st 3 rounds of 110 gr. Nosler Accubond at 100 yards--It's love at first sight

[Linked Image]

Please don't tell my wife

Last edited by Bushmaster1313; 05/19/19.
GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Class and performance, very nice !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bushmaster1313
Finally put a relatively modern scope (Leupold M8 3x) on my 1949 Winchester Model 70 in .257 Roberts.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It's a mid-distance relationship,
But with 1st 3 rounds of 110 gr. Nosler Accubond at 100 yards--It's love at first sight

[Linked Image]

Please don't tell my wife
Ad nauseam.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...0-257-roberts-leupold-m8-3x#Post13073259
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...report-1949-m70-257-roberts#Post13024530
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...b-to-the-bob-that-just-sold#Post12457855

This is just like when you were haranguing everyone with your Ruger No. 1 nonsense: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11352425/ad-nauseum#Post11352425

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sorry Jack
Maybe put me on your do not view list

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My favorite Winchester 70. Very nice.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
That's a good looking rifle. I just mildly followed one on gunbroker that went for a price I could have afforded, if I hadn't just bought a .270. I'd be interested in a .257 or .243 model 70 for my daughter.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"It's official -- I am in love with Bob"

Brokeback Winchester Collector? blush

Hey beautiful rifle OP!

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice rifle. Don't mind the thought police that haunt this website.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Bush, That is a great looking rifle chambered in a wonderful cartridge. . Shortly after acquiring my Pre-64 Roberts, I assembled a randomly chosen load and fired it in two Roberts .The Pre-64 carrying a Lyman 48 WJS and a Ruger No. 1 wearing a Leupold 3.5-10X both shot 1 1/2". I was horrified to see the Mod. 70's bore through a bore scope. It certainly was not representative of the exterior of the rifle. Love Mod. 70s.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Nice rifle. Don't mind the thought police that haunt this website.

Thanks

I’ve learned a lot from the knowledgeable people on this forum willing to share their knowledge.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Looks like time to hunt

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bushmaster1313: Great looking Rifle there. The epitome of a classic Rifle in a classic caliber.
Good for you, and enjoy.
If I may digress here for a moment.
Years ago (1980 or so) myself and some friends attended a gunshow in Spokane, Washington for a long weekend.
One of our crew had to leave Saturday night in his own car and headed back home to the Seattle area.
Well bright and early Sunday morning this friend calls us at our motel room and begs us to use our money to buy a Transition Model 70 Standard Rifle in 257 Roberts he had been lusting after on Friday and Saturday but had just not "pulled the trigger" on it.
Well it put a crimp in our Sunday at the gunshow but we pooled our money and bought the 257 Roberts for our friend. Miffed a bit, but we did it.
At the time of sale the seller pulled out from under the table a box of Winchester 257 Roberts ammo and sent it along with the gun.
Well to make a long story short on the way home my friend and I decided we would "test fire" our other friends Rifle. So we stopped near Cle Elum, Washington at a gravel pit and "test fired" that 257 Roberts Rifle - twenty times!
What a fun gun and the recoil was very mild in that somewhat heavy gun. I have owned other 257 Roberts Rifles (Ruger #1's, Ruger 77's and Remington 722's) but that was the coolest Roberts Rifle I ever shot!
Never told our friend about test firing his "dream Rifle" - figured it was small payment for inconveniencing us the way he did.
I have three pre-64 Winchester Model 70's in my collection now - two VERY nice Standard Rifles and a mint perfect Super Grade.
Again enjoy your "Roberts".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice rifle....Enjoy!!

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Looks like time to hunt

I’m just a caretaker for the next owner.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Looks like time to hunt
He's a closet PETA-phile and serial braggart. Expect more threads of photos of the rifle and his commentary of his undying love. It's a pattern.

Hunting pictures hurt his feelings.
Doesn't like "blood lust."

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
True confession

I am a big PETA supporter

People Eating Tasty Animals

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
True confession

You don't hunt.
You don't handload.
You don't gunsmith or tinker.
You don't collect in accordance with anyone's accepted definition of collecting; i.e., identifying particular variations, building a reference database, etc.
You're not dealing.
You only post the same goddmned pictures over and over and over again with the same silly-ass commentary. The only logic I can see is you're seeking approval from strangers. That says a hell of a lot about you, none of it favorable. Just give it a rest.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
True confession

You don't hunt.
You don't handload.
You don't collect in accordance with anyone's accepted definition of collecting; i.e., identifying particular variations, building a reference database, etc.
You're not dealing.
You only post the same godd@mned pictures over and over and over again with the same silly-ass commentary. The only logic I can see is you're seeking approval from strangers. That says a hell of a lot about you, none of it favorable. Just give it a rest.

While Bushmaster's bragging about the same guns is becoming rather redundant, simply because he doesn't meet your narrowly defined reasons for acquiring guns doesn't mean he has less rights in that regard than the rest of us.

I don't hunt very much anymore, but I'm continually acquiring more and more hunting rifles. I don't shoot pistol competitions, carry for self defense, target shoot much any more, or hunt with pistols, but I still acquire them as I can afford them. Ditto nice shotguns. And, oops, my "collecting" philosophy doesn't begin to conform to "accepted definition of collecting" you refer to. I don't "deal" either- without a license I can't.

My point is, as annoying as Bushmaster's continuous flogging of the same gun over and over is, Mr. Treehorns vindictiveness in that regard is equally unwarranted. Perhaps he's angling for Internet Cop of the Week?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
True confession

You don't hunt.
You don't handload.
You're not dealing.
You only post the same godd@mned pictures over and over and over again with the same silly-ass commentary. The only logic I can see is you're seeking approval from strangers. That says a hell of a lot about you, none of it favorable. Just give it a rest.
While Bushmaster's bragging about the same guns is becoming rather redundant, simply because he doesn't meet your narrowly defined reasons for acquiring guns doesn't mean he has less rights in that regard than the rest of us.

I don't hunt very much anymore, but I'm continually acquiring more and more hunting rifles. I don't shoot pistol competitions, carry for self defense, target shoot much any more, or hunt with pistols, but I still acquire them as I can afford them. Ditto nice shotguns. And, oops, my "collecting" philosophy doesn't begin to conform to "accepted definition of collecting" you refer to. I don't "deal" either- without a license I can't.

My point is, as annoying as Bushmaster's continuous flogging of the same gun over and over is, Mr. Treehorns vindictiveness in that regard is equally unwarranted. Perhaps he's angling for Internet Cop of the Week?
If the role you're imagining pays something, I'm in. In the meantime, your boy has worn things out with his constant craving for attention.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1OntarioJim, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 72 invisible), 3,001 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.