Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nice to see you post Terry. I will forever remember the photograph of you recovering from storm damage.... "Looters will be killed!".... those Korean shop keepers up on their roof tops during riots have got nothing on you grin

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aliens on the roof.

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by T LEE
Originally Posted by gunner500
All good here T, spent two days prior moving cows down in the low pastures, showed 62 mph winds on the gauge, shot a big wild Russian cross sow in the rain at 556 yards this afternoon after the storms.

Hell,
i can't see that far anymore!
;0 ;0

On 20X you can! grin

smile smile smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
All in, we had 15 tornados but nothing over an F2. The flooding has taken more lives and destroyed more property. We still have a few people who just can't keep from driving off into running water over a road. We have one fewer this morning.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
All in, we had 15 tornados but nothing over an F2. The flooding has taken more lives and destroyed more property. We still have a few people who just can't keep from driving off into running water over a road. We have one fewer this morning.

WOW glad Y'all are safe.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Say T LEE, I don't get around here as much as I used too, I thought you had left the forum..glad to see you are still around, and hope all is well.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Thanks Terry, I have friends living in Moore, OK.

That place is like a magnet for Tornadoes and not little ones either. I used to live on NW side of OKC and always wondered why anyone would rebuild or live in Moore? They get hit just about every year.

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

ROTFLMAO!

Old cat turd!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rockymtnhigh

That place is like a magnet for Tornadoes and not little ones either. I used to live on NW side of OKC and always wondered why anyone would rebuild or live in Moore? They get hit just about every year.

There was a piece on the weather channel this past week that discussed there really is a bullseye for the weather systems required to have big tornados to come together and its is roughly at Moore, OK. I live in Edmond but would not live in Moore, simply because there have been multiple F5’s there since about 1999.

IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Rockymtnhigh

There was a piece on the weather channel this past week that discussed there really is a bullseye for the weather systems required to have big tornados to come together and its is roughly at Moore, OK. I live in Edmond but would not live in Moore, simply because there have been multiple F5’s there since about 1999.

I was there in 99 when the F6 hit Moore. Very scary day in OKC...Never seen clouds like the ones that rolled into OKC that day before,. You knew right away something ominous was about to happen when those dark black clouds rolled in before the storm hit...Still talk with friends in OKC I used to work with that live in Moore....Don't know how they can deal with it every year...They have lived through all the huge tornadoes that rolled through there including the F6 in 99 and several smaller tornadoes....Hopefully they and their familie's luck continues.

Last edited by Rockymtnhigh; 05/29/19.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Weather is fine here - s little cold, a little rainy, but I'll live. . smile.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A pretty good storm blew through here about 1 AM or so. Just finished my walk to a great morning.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bad weather is something people have to get used to. Not much you can do other than move. The poor people who call tornado alley home deserve a lot of prayers. Personally I couldn't live there with that never ending threat every time a storm hits.

living the good life every day
T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Same here, after 45 years here it will only take one more hurricane to send me packing. Wife an I decided that the next one needs to take the joint or pass it by no more rebuilding our life here.

Old cat turd!

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Some people want to blame this on weather change. Or warming or cooling. But I still remember as a kid that whole area being callled tornado alley. Must have happened before huh. Hope everybody stays safe. Ed k

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Simply mother nature is, she seems to run in cycles. And yes, over 70 years ago we were referring to it as "tornado alley".

Old cat turd!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugeman, 240NMC, 270winchester, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 60 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,648
Posts18,455,427
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.