Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Get the toilet gun!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rem shooter: I am glad you and your family were not harmed!
I can get to my "home protection shotgun" from about anywhere in my home in under 10 seconds - most places in under 5 seconds.
Thank you for sharing your experience and again thankfully you were not harmed.
By the way you and your family handled that situation as best (near perfectly?) you could.
My advice to my friends and relatives who worry/ask about home invaders and how to handle them with firearms - goes like this warn once, retreat once (a room or a few steps!) and then open fire ONLY while the invader is inside your domicile.
Your going out and confronting the bizarre behavior prone cretin was maybe not the best plan. "HE" knows where you live and his type move around a lot. He may (in his drug addled brain) blame you or hold resentment towards you for some of his troubles.
"Your Honor I backed away from him and warned him to leave my home or I'd shoot", before I opened fire - case closed - found innocent - criminally and civilly.
Hope all turns out well for you all.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Once again, the victim is guilty... of working their ass off all their life to have something decent so some druggie can come aling and tear it up or steal it in a matter of minutes.

Classic case of why I keep a loaded handgun in front of me on the coffee table while I'm watching TV in the evenings.

Last edited by local_dirt; 05/23/19.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
one would be well advised these days while the chances are really small, yours could be the exception, to have some type of firearm within easy access regardless of where you are at in the house.
I don't live on a bad street, but ghetto birds have been over the house chasing people through back yards hopping six foot fences.
I can't run anymore, so sitting outside in the dark usually means some type of alert/self defense alternatives.
three noisy golden retrievers kind of take care of the alert situation.
they would be going ape sh*t crazy given the described situation.
goldens are friendly but they also can be protective.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Repel borders. grin

Thank you lol, no i cant spell anymore, to long out of school and dont write much ,my friends get me good on facebook lol

I just assume it's talk-to-text. wink
laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drugs are bad. M'kay? They will get you killed.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
,found out he lives around corner in one of the courts ,with his mother ,so dont think dopehead has any money ,work out of town so would have to take two days a pop to go to civil court losing more money ,so guess i will just have to eat this one

I wouldn't. Small claims is cheap and this moron should have to pay for what he did. If they guy has a job his check can be garnished. If he doesn't have a job, then there's not a lot you can do. Be glad you had a strong door and a good lock.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
The police could have (may have?) added a property destruction and some kind of attempted entry/burglary charge. It depends on the amount of damage and the felony/misdemeanor break point under applicable law as to the property damage charge, which would require some follow-up information.
... it probably not in report ,they did not talk to me or come look at my house ,when told them about door ,they just said sorry about that ,and smiled and walked away ,will try to get copy of report

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rosco1
I had an apartment a few years ago off of man o war in Lexington, right by the liquor barn if you know where that is..

Two times I had people walk in my apartment and get half way in before realizing they were in the wrong apartment. Guess I should have locked the door more often?

Funny thing is I’ve done the same thing before, walked in “my” apartment and found a nice black family watching TV...oh [bleep] this isn’t my place!

I know that’s hardly the same thing as someone kicking your door in, but damn you
Guys sit around having day dreams of shooting someone on your lawn?
.... yes i know it ,i live right off Man O War ,close to the Under ground Fire station , as i call it ,

NRA Life Member
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rem shooter
i live in a fairly good, southeast end section of lexington, not too many problems around here, yet anyway ,,last friday night ,at 10:30 p.m ,while watching tv ,heard someone at my door ,went over to look at peephole ,when WHAM ,some 20 something white fairly musculer guy with no shirt on slammed or kicked my door ,really hard ,as i ran into bedroom to get my short shotgun loaded with 00-buckshot ,and yelling to wife in bedroom ,call 911,he hit my door about 4 more times , by time got back to living room ,he was gone ,my wife dialed 911 and handed phone to me ,(lots of help here lol) me , adrenalin pumping holding phone and shotgun told 911 ,somebody kicking in my door ,and i got a shotgun, told them hopeing they knew to get there fast and to know i was armed and dont shoot me , well ,there station is not to far away ,they was there in 2 to 5 min. ,(of course that dont realy help) the guy and his girlfriend was still standing in road ,cops handcuffed him ,iam still pissed off ,ran outside without shotgun pointed at him and said dont you ever come back hear again ,cop smiled said his girlfriend said ,he took some LSD (acid) ,and he is fighting dragons ,nothing personal ,and he probably wont be back ,he dont know what he is doing , but that they was going to arrest him for public intoxication on drugs ,or some such,so i went back on my porch nothing i could do ,checked my door he split my door frame 16 to 18 inches up my door frame thru my lock plate , a couple more hits and he would have been in my house !!. that would not be good ,he was hitting door hard enuff wife heard it in back bedroom ,glad he did not make it in house ,would have not been good for any of us ,had to have whole door replaced ,of course my deductable is higher than cost of replacing door ,let a lone making insurance go up ,found out he lives around corner in one of the courts ,with his mother ,so dont think dopehead has any money ,work out of town so would have to take two days a pop to go to civil court losing more money ,so guess i will just have to eat this one ,and drug users keep saying drug use is a victimless crime ,"yea right". funny thing at the time this happened i was watching a DVD of that tv series ,Justified ,about Kentucky Marshal Raylan Givins based out of Lexington Ky ,
Glad it turned out the way it did - could have been a ton worse..
when seconds count ,the Police are minuets away
I wonder if the libbies will EVER figger that out... crazy

Originally Posted by RoninPhx
one would be well advised these days while the chances are really small, yours could be the exception, to have some type of firearm within easy access regardless of where you are at in the house..
Damn straight...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I’m always heeled when home.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rosco1
I had an apartment a few years ago off of man o war in Lexington, right by the liquor barn if you know where that is..

Two times I had people walk in my apartment and get half way in before realizing they were in the wrong apartment. Guess I should have locked the door more often?

Funny thing is I’ve done the same thing before, walked in “my” apartment and found a nice black family watching TV...oh [bleep] this isn’t my place!

I know that’s hardly the same thing as someone kicking your door in, but damn you
Guys sit around having day dreams of shooting someone on your lawn?

Good that it didn't turn out like theTexas woman leo and the guy in his apartment a year or so ago.

Retired cat herder.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,885 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.