Print Thread
Hop To
L
longarm Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Jules had her first litter on the 21st. 4 boys and 3 girls. Very uniform size, all very fiesty. She has turned out to be a dedicated and caring Mum, which is a big relief.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Merganser's Jules of Joy
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

bp location finder

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Sire: Merganser's Saint Brees SH ("Brees")
[Linked Image]bb&t bank hours near me

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have always had a soft spot for chocolate labrador retrievers....have owned 5.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Congratulations on this fine litter of pups. Are these British or American Labradors?

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
I have always had a soft spot for chocolate labrador retrievers....have owned 5.

Hi Doc. I've a soft spot for them too... Currently (if only temporarily) own 10!

Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Congratulations on this fine litter of pups. Are these British or American Labradors?

WH these are a mix of field trial and hunt titled dogs.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by longarm

Hi Doc. I've a soft spot for them too... Currently (if only temporarily) own 10!

Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

WH these are a mix of field trial and hunt titled dogs.

Keep a female, then breed her back to a black lab that is chocolate factored with hunt test or field trial titles. The most accomplished Chocolate lab ever was NFC/AFC Storms Riptide Star MH
( call name Rascal) whose parents were black labs and no chocolate in the pedigree yet their were two chocolate puppies in Rascal's litter.

I leaned early own to breed the best brown dogs you have to breed back to black caring the chocolate color gene or a very accomplished brown dog.

I breed to Rascal twice producing accomplished competition and hunting dogs. Rascal is gone now but believe his owner may still have frozen sperm.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Doc
Solid advice and I thank you for it.
In fact, last spring I tried just such a breeding. Same bitch with this stud:
https://huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=44976
I had high hopes, yet despite multiple progesterone tests, etc the breeding resulted in no pups.
This spring I selected an up and coming stud (Brees) who I've watched training and was very impressed by.
I'll be looking into Rascal for next spring. Thanks again

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Doc
I had high hopes, yet despite multiple progesterone tests, etc the breeding resulted in no pups.
This spring I selected an up and coming stud (Brees) who I've watched training and was very impressed by.

That is a fantastic pedigree.....you should absolutely try that hook up again. I knew some of the great grand parents in the pedigree, "Ebanstar Lean Mac" was the handsomest black lab i ever saw. He was purchased from his Canadian owner for $80,000 by a Arizona real estate developer, his stud fee's were making him about $50K per year until Mac passed.

Hattie McBunn, call name "Lottie" was the most $$ ever paid for a field trial lab by a wealthy women in Pittsburg, Pa....$250,000.00

You on the right tract. Just think 2 or 3 generations ahead of yourself. If your not receiving "Field Trial News" may I suggest you start so you can track upcoming stud dogs or buy a titled female
for your breeding program.

Greg

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Thanks again Doc
Kind of hard to find a well bred Lab who doesn't have some Lean Mac in it's pedigree. Talk about getting around..
Last year that chocolate factored black above was 9 years old I believe. I should have thought of it sooner to have his sperm checked before attempting the breeding. If I go that route next year I'll ask them to have it checked first.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
[Linked Image]fifth third near me

Day 4. Getting fat

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Doc

That is a fantastic pedigree.....you should absolutely try that hook up again. I knew some of the great grand parents in the pedigree, "Ebanstar Lean Mac" was the handsomest black lab i ever saw. He was purchased from his Canadian owner for $80,000 by a Arizona real estate developer, his stud fee's were making him about $50K per year until Mac passed.

Hattie McBunn, call name "Lottie" was the most $$ ever paid for a field trial lab by a wealthy women in Pittsburg, Pa....$250,000.00

You on the right tract. Just think 2 or 3 generations ahead of yourself. If your not receiving "Field Trial News" may I suggest you start so you can track upcoming stud dogs or buy a titled female

Greg

Hattie and Lottie were two different dogs.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Hookset
Doc

Greg

Hattie and Lottie were two different dogs.

Thank you for correcting me...my memory is not what it used to be.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,626
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.