Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
and odds are for some 3 serious hurricanes beginning june 1st.

it's different every year, but always exciting and sometimes distressful.

drought conditions in much of georgia, after last year's hurricane event in sw georgia.

it's been said that ga. peach farmers drive a 2yr. old truck in a bad year, and a new truck in a good year.

BP-B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I hope we don’t have any hurricane events!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yeah, I believe most could do without any 'hurricane events' for a while

FJB & FJT
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hanco
I hope we don’t have any hurricane events!!!

i ain't never seen a good hurricane from my perspective.

but from nature's point of view they have their purpose.

if'n ya need an aquifer filled, a hurricane can help out.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
98* forecast for Saturday .

I'm right in the middle on the Graph thread showing US drought florida panhandle , I don't remember the last time it sprikled . Headed for the three year mark of drought conditions here .
Sure has helped with mosquitos .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
drought continues to creep into north ga.

so far the reservoirs are all full.

that's a good thing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The weather patterns are changing meaning more frequent slow-moving and powerful storms. There is more moisture in the air and the weather will become more difficult to predict. This offers new opportunities. For example, anticipating warmer climate Russian Federation is putting high tech weapons in far north and building several heavy nuclear powered icebreakers. In case of Middle Eastern crises gas can be delivered from Russian Federation to China in about 19 days.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
we're way over due here in CC, Harvey missed us to the north by 25-30 miles so it wasn't that bad here in town.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I met the meteorologist who forecast Michael to make landfall at 90MPH. He said that there was a range of error of 70MPH. He explained why he felt like it was going to be on the lower end. It went something like this. There was a trough of highly favorable conditions about 50 miles broad. The steering elements are easier to accurately predict than the intensity elements. The storm was not supposed to move along that trough. They were only off by a little on the track, but that little mattered a lot relative to the favorable conditions for intensification.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I met the meteorologist who forecast Michael to make landfall at 90MPH. He said that there was a range of error of 70MPH. He explained why he felt like it was going to be on the lower end. It went something like this. There was a trough of highly favorable conditions about 50 miles broad. The steering elements are easier to accurately predict than the intensity elements. The storm was not supposed to move along that trough. They were only off by a little on the track, but that little mattered a lot relative to the favorable conditions for intensification.

the weather service and the private sector weather forecasters are going to have to continue their development of the cray super computers or something like that.

plenty of people with masters and ph.d degrees in weather, meteorology, atmospheric chemistry and physics, but the fact is the weather just keeps on coming.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I retired in 1953 from johns manville, I bought a black n white tv and a window air conditioner.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
When I retired in 1953 from johns manville, I bought a black n white tv and a window air conditioner.

chit we didn't our first window unit till 1970.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Gus

that's a good thing.

Gus ,
I remember about a dozen years ago the drought up in your neck of the woods .
Lakes were so dried up there was nothing but a big mud puddle left . Piers/docks standing on dry ground .
Lake Sidney Lanier was a sight to see [not really] .
I moved to the Atlanta area [Kennesaw] in Sept. 2002 , it started raining in November and never dried up [ground] nearly halting all contruction for several months . Drove many construction companies into bankruptcy , one guy I knew - fourth generation owner lost what his great grandad started many years before .

Bad weather - we need to make better laws against it and enforce the laws already on the books ! smile

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I'm right in the middle on the Graph thread showing US drought florida panhandle , I don't remember the last time it sprikled . Headed for the three year mark of drought conditions here .

Damn! My central air stinks. Once it's above 90 outside, it can only manage to keep the house about fifteen degrees lower than the outside temp. So if it's 98, my house will be about 83 degrees by early evening. Will have to walk around in my underpants with a wet rag on my head.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

that's a good thing.

Gus ,
I remember about a dozen years ago the drought up in your neck of the woods .
Lakes were so dried up there was nothing but a big mud puddle left . Piers/docks standing on dry ground .
Lake Sidney Lanier was a sight to see [not really] .
I moved to the Atlanta area [Kennesaw] in Sept. 2002 , it started raining in November and never dried up [ground] nearly halting all contruction for several months . Drove many construction companies into bankruptcy , one guy I knew - fourth generation owner lost what his great grandad started many years before .

Bad weather - we need to make better laws against it and enforce the laws already on the books ! smile

man alive that was a bad time for the lake front real estate markets.

the push now is to get the un-registered houseboats (sunken) off the lake.

we all know it costs money to get sunken boats off the water and into the landfill.

air conditioners are designed to cool the outside air by about 20 degrees or so.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Gulf water is already 85 degrees.
Hurricanes love warm water-- season starts in June--

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Hawkeye-- you have the wrong system-- your inside temp should be 20 degrees, or so, cooler than outside.
Call the guy!

Last edited by TBREW401; 05/23/19.
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TBREW401

hurricanes with winds & rain wash a lot bugs off the trees and down onto the ground.

1 june is the traditional start of the season. the fun starts in sept and later.

down here in jawja, we're in the beginning stages of a drought.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Damn! My central air stinks. Once it's above 90 outside, it can only manage to keep the house about fifteen degrees lower than the outside temp. So if it's 98, my house will be about 83 degrees by early evening. Will have to walk around in my underpants with a wet rag on my head.

I remember you mentioning that a few months ago , a modern system should cool your house better than that . You need an expert to look at the entire system and house - compressor/insulation/duct work etc. . Can't have too much insulation and have heavy insulation around/over the duct work . Sun shining in windows creates a lot of heat .
Black shingles [any dark color] are the devil in the deep south .
I built two houses [biloxi/ocean springs] side by side just reversed floor plan and slight modification to front porch on one . One had the lightest color shingle [greyish white] the other had black , I had both attic pull down ladders down and compared the heat by going to the top of the ladders . Night and day difference .It was hotter standing on the garage floor under the attic access of the black roof house than it was up in the attic of the white roof house . The added cost over 20 years in the deep south would amount to a lot of money .
Hope you get it resolved .

Posted by Bristoe
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TBREW401

Yeah we got a great head start this year every single day of Febuary felt like April weather , many 65* night time temps. mid to upper 70's daytime. - that'll do it .

Posted by Bristoe
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
392 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,004
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.