Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just taking a moment to update you guys on my weight loss. Ya'll could find the thread here where I posted after losing my first 20.

Today I reached what I had originally thought would be where I stopped 200 lbs at 6'2 and muscular build. My waist is about 30". I wear a belt with my 32-32 Jeans and wear a medium shirt now.

I have now lost 130 lbs since Christmas 2 years ago but most of it has been just since August last year. Back in August I got serious since I had not been very successful with my cutting back way of dieting and had only lost about 20 lbs since Christmas.

In August I quit sugar of any form completely. I also quit grains of all kinds and starchy veggies like potatoes. I was obese and basically dying at 50 years old. I was on 4 shots every 3 months and 4 pain pills a day from my doc. I quit him,the pain meds and sugar and grain all at once in August last year.

It's been tough at times but worth every tired sick day I had at first. I have been really maxing out the calisthenics the last few months and am seeing huge gains. When I started I did 3 leg raises and only one perfect push up. I do 150 leg raises now along with lots of other core exercise. I have about cured my sciatica and my knees that were headed for replacement are 99% better. I can actually sprint now. Probably don't seem like much but when it's been 30 years and you can do it again ,it feels damn great.

I can do about 50 dips now in sets of 10 and 5,and about 50 perfect push ups in sets of 10 and 5, and I can do an hour on my elliptical. The first time on that I didn't even do a minuet without being out of breath. My goal is to post my first pictures L sitting in my lawn chair on my one year anniversary of starting this August. Can't get there yet but I can suspend my whole body holding the arms of the chair and hold my legs about 20 degrees off the ground. Hopefully I will get to the 90 degree L sit or even a greater degree V sit by August. I thought it would make a cool picture after being such a fat ass before.

Anyway guys,I don't need any congrats though I appreciate them and all the encouragement you guys have given me so far. I just wanted to stay on ya'll that might be close to where I was, and keep telling ya'll that it isn't too late,especially if a cornbread fed fat ass 50 year old redneck from Alabama can do it.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 05/23/19.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I feel myself slipping away at 53. Not really overweight at all just sore alot. Since reading your threads I've cut some starches and most sugars, but it's going to take awhile to retrain the old brain.

LOL
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I feel myself slipping away at 53. Not really overweight at all just sore a lot. Since reading your threads I've cut some starches and most sugars, but it's going to take awhile to retrain the old brain.

I now know that I was mostly dying from sugar poising. It causes increased insulin production because it is a liver toxin that must be converted to fat. Chronic inflammation from insulin is the cause of about 85% of disease in this country from heart attack to cancer.

PS
Can I have your Savages when you are gone? LOL.
NAW!!
Just start eating right which means real meat and real vegetables. Train until you can go 15-18 hours last meal to next and start feeling like you are 25 again. When you start feeling good start exercising and feel better than you did at 25 because you were likely addicted to sugar and having inflammation from it and grains even back then.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
RH C your story is truly an insperation,, congrats on your new life and health,, funny how we dont realize how important our health is till its almost too late,, nice work sir

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
OT, kinda, this morning my dental hygienist told me that flossing your teeth once a day helps control the bacteria that grow in your mouth. Sure, but how important is that? She says that as of right now 57 diseases are linked to poor dental hygiene, with more links being discovered every day. When your gums bleed it carries that bacteria thru-out your body in the bloodstream and your body has to fight those infections off.

She got my attention.

LOL
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by hosfly
RH C your story is truly an insperation,, congrats on your new life and health,, funny how we dont realize how important our health is till its almost too late,, nice work sir

Yea,I highly advise to start eating right before you are 150 lbs over weight. I thought 200 would be great when I started but it looks like I'll need to be 180 now before all the fat is off my belly.It's flat now even standing relaxed but I want to see my abs for the first time ever now.

Anyway,it will be a hell of a lot easier to lose and not nearly as hard on your body if you start when you are only 50 lbs or less over. Even if you aren't overweight it is very possible that sugar and grain are causing your other symptoms that you have just been told all your life came with old age.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
If I may, when you say you cut out sugars of every kind, does that include fruits?

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
OT, kinda, this morning my dental hygienist told me that flossing your teeth once a day helps control the bacteria that grow in your mouth. Sure, but how important is that? She says that as of right now 57 diseases are linked to poor dental hygiene, with more links being discovered every day. When your gums bleed it carries that bacteria thru-out your body in the bloodstream and your body has to fight those infections off.

She got my attention.

Yea,and those bacteria probably grow on sugar! Even Cancer needs sugar to grow.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant

She got my attention.

I got the same thing about flossing two months ago. I’ve been at it 6 days a week, sometimes 7, it only takes a minute.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
That is fantastic! We find we have decades of bad habits to break! Well done!

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
If I may, when you say you cut out sugars of every kind, does that include fruits?

Naw,Paw!

My desire to eat those peaches has only increased,probably too damn much, but if we are talking about the kind that grows on trees,then I do eat fruit but only treat them as a once a week or so treat. I do eat blueberries and raspberries about 3 times a week,great antioxidants.

You won't get hurt by fruit unless you start pigging out on it to replace a sweet tooth sugar craving. No fruit juice though,it and milk you might as well drink a glass of sugar water. Also the heavier you are the more you can get away with. I did drink milk at first and would now if I really wanted some. I just only drink it on a rare occasion,not a half gallon every day like before.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Man that is fantastic!

Keep up the good work with one word of caution......be careful with the dips and pushups. I got on a bigly exercise kick when I was in my 40's and developed "tennis elbow" which is tendonitis in the elbow. Got to where I could not pick up a glass of water if my arm was extended out. Mine came from overdoing pull ups but your elbow joints take a beating with those, dips, pushups etc. With age, the tendons lose flexibility and are easier to aggravate than when young.

It really puts a damper on your upper body exercise program when your arms don't work and the only way to get over it is to rest, and it takes a long time....mine took a couple of years. I tried to "fight through"......WRONG! Just kept re-injuring myself.

Don't want you to lose your momentum! Warm up good and give your body plenty of time to recover between sessions.

Last edited by RJY66; 05/23/19.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Congratulations! Please forgive me.....you deserve it! A long tough battle....but, the rewards are work the work and sacrifices! You’ll be doing things again, you thought impossible! Keep up the good work! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 05/23/19.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RJY66
Man that is fantastic!

Keep up the good work with one word of caution......be careful with the dips and pushups. I got on a bigly exercise kick when I was in my 40's and developed "tennis elbow" which is tendonitis in the elbow. Got to where I could not pick up a glass of water if my arm was extended out. Mine came from overdoing pull ups but your elbow joints take a beating with those, dips, pushups etc. With age, the tendons lose flexibility and are easier to aggravate than when young.

It really puts a damper on your upper body exercise program when your arms don't work and the only way to get over it is to rest, and it takes a long time....mine took a couple of years. I tried to "fight through"......WRONG! Just kept re-injuring myself.

Don't want you to lose your momentum!

Yea,I have had some in my right elbow but I was also suppose to have bone on bone knees. I am feeding my body everything it needs to rebuild and I am trying to stop everything that hinders that,even to Tylenol and alcohol. I have read of knees regenerating and though I don't have X rays I walk about 9 miles a week along with my other stuff pretty mush pain free now.

I try to stretch it and let it heal, and I do let pain tell me something isn't right. I don't hurt at all while excising. It's usually the next day and sometimes I let my older body recuperate from a workout 2 or even 3 days if I feel like I need it. I'm starting to look damn good for a 51 year old man.My wife is getting worried .LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One well known keto advocate says that eating fruits every day of the year is not a good thing. His reasoning: fruits ripen during a specific period in a given locale and are (or rather WERE) only available during a brief time. I see the reasoning there, and so maybe perpetual access to fresh fruit is not a good thing. Sugar, in its various forms, is still sugar.

I think I'm going to have to go down this road myself. I'm nearing retirement age and still in very good health, and there are things I want to do when I have time on my hands. It would suck to lose the ability to do those things when the opportunity comes to me.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"No fruit juice though, it and milk you might as well drink a glass of sugar water"

If you like milk you can drink lactose free milk.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

She got my attention.

My hygeniest always gets my attention,She is steaming hot. True on the teeth cleaning though it really makes a difference.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Awesome story, bro. You got your life back.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry you get respect you deserve. Good job man. I lost 30 and kept it off a year. I feel great and hunt better. Good to encourage others.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I feel myself slipping away at 53. Not really overweight at all just sore alot. Since reading your threads I've cut some starches and most sugars, but it's going to take awhile to retrain the old brain.

Yep kinda in this boat myself, ain't what i was 2 years ago. Going to address it smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,380
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.